"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AvaLukkenru oru manam II The Screen play.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: AvaLukkenru oru manam II The Screen play. Reply with quote

Avalokkenru oru Manam II The screen play.

Dear friends,
In my previous posting, I had indicated that earlier certain aspects have escaped my notice. One such is the screenplay. Now at this age of mine I am able to realize that by sheer casual approach I have lost crucial intricacies of the team work and that movie watching has to be a careful exercise. Well, what is significant about the screen play of A O M is its clear cut arrangement of sequences that have right away eliminated long-winding verbose expressions. The very street lay- out where Kanchana and Muthuraman live emphasizes the economic limitations of their families. Carefully chosen dress material and design strengthen these effects. The way Muthuranab targets gullible young girls and how instantly Kanchana gets floored by the mere feeling of some one longing for her, have been done by the correct minimum of screen play that avoids lengthy interactions. Besides both parties hurriedly leave the scene leaving scope for none to suspect them. Even the letter that Kanchana sends in response is done by using school kids who were playing arrow shooting with folded papers. To me this approach suggests serious planning to avoid public gaze and unlike in the later movies of Tamil, Kanchana is presented as one staying in absolute limits. This is the real trump card that keeps her image as a trspectable girl though she momentarily responds to M Raman and quickly retrieves ground on learning his attitude to girls. Another excellent instant relates to the sequence of demise of Bharathi's mother. In a split second the death is indicated by Major Sunderrajan's utterance, "Everything is over". Equally deft sequences can be cited in the way how G G is introduced to Kanchana. On all such occasions a nervous Kanchana quickly detaches from her friend Bharathi in a hurry to get back home. These pieces of screen play tremendously influence the movie-goers' perception of "genuine love built -up by unconscious efforts". The same has been the case with Bharathi who to start with discards Muthu's pranks by her unpleasant facial gestures. Yet, the evil designs of Muthuraman effectively enforce Bharathi's submission in making her tow his line at his will. Enough care has gone into screen play and dialogues to indicate a forced proximity between the two. Within this proximity Bharathi manges to keep Muthu at bay when it comes to safeguarding her chastity. Even when the entire household tries to understand her from her frequent visits to Muthu, she holds back every information even on the face of her own crisis of losing stature. It is here that she burns her personal stature to upkeep the tranquility at home. The zenith of this sacrifice is shown in the very closing moments of the movie. Upon shooting down M.Raman for want of a better alternative, Bharathi stays cool enough to retrieve the letter from Mothu's person and burns it , destroying the lone evidence that can destabilize Kanchana's life from the family. She does this when all in the family are under panic from the gunshots fired and try to force the door open only to see a live Bharathi and the dead M Raman. She now carries the label of a killer. None of these shake her up as within herself she has found her peace and ensured the same for the family from an otherwise dangerous prospect of M Raman's "no holds barred" attitude. All the way the screen play has strictly run on a single track -personal priorities. None ever meant anything bad for others either. Still, things turned out to be nasty for Bharathi who just wanted some company when her choice GG opted to marry Kanchana. A big sacrifice by a girl of her age. Inch by inch I could see MATURITY all over the movie. What a way to plan a screen play! Hats off to Sridar and his movie-making crew.
So, friends please add your observations on the story and screen play.
Other items would follow in their due priorities.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

in general and particularly in AOM bharathi looks like philosophical and moreover her voice was very conveying and for her talent unfly she did not make a big round like others
she was slim ,beautiful ,could speak tamil better and i wish prof to write the colour effect of the film along with other aspects as usual.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof.

Now I am planning to watch the movie after reading your entire coverage as this will give me a better idea . Thank you Sir.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: