"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AvaLukkenru Oru Manam I The Story

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: AvaLukkenru Oru Manam I The Story Reply with quote

AvaLukkenru Oru Manam I The Story.

Dear Friends,
Initially I had thought of giving a brief account of the movie. But, Mr.Ramki has expressed his anticipation of a detailed analysis on A O M. Certainly after seeing the movie , I feel there are specific items that have escaped my notice earlier. Therefore, I take this opportunity to look at such aspects and share my perceptions on the chosen point.
As ever, AOM by CVS is a story based on sacrifice. This time it is by a lady character portrayed by actress Bharathi. The story has been neatly woven around 4 key players with about 2 or 3 support artistes. The story actually begins from a modest household of two friends [ Meena and Lalitha] portrayed by Kanchana and Bharathi. With the sudden demise of her mother, Bharathi comes under the care of her uncle Major Sunderrajan [playing the role of Judge] - a well placed rich character., whose son is Gemini Ganesan - an architect by profession. GG has only one ideal -- to be a top ranking architect. He does not even get drawn to the young Bharathi who expresses her love to him by ever- so - many gestures. Genuinely GG has none such inclinations of marriage as he considers Bharathi more as a cousin [ expresses to his dad as such in a later sequence].Meanwhile, Muthuraman manges to win over Kanchana as one his girl friends and he has only mala-fide intententions. He also keeps cheating others by his articulate, convincing conversation abilities. On a given day Kanchana tries to visit MUTHURAMAN for using his phone to fetch a doctor to attend on her father. But she finds Muthu closeted with another girl sharing a hard drink. The alert Kanchana dissociates herself from Muthu, saving her everything. On another occasion GG and Kanchana independently take shelter from rain under a tree. An abrupt thunder jolts Kanchana who hugs GG in sheer fear. It electrifies the hitherto dormant GG and drives him mad. He is drawn to her and wishes to marry her.
Muthu now targets the isolated Bharathi and makes deep inroads into her tranquility and makes her succumb to every plan of his to suit his evil designs. Bharathi mangages to keep him at bay by not obliging his physical desires. Why she has to do all this is heavily hinged on two letters to Muhu from Kanchana when the latter wrongly thought that Muthu was a genuine person. The turn of events help Kanchana to escape while HER FRIEND Bharathi falls into Muthu's trap who makes use of Kanchana's letter and threatens to ruin Kanchana's life if Bharathi does not tow his line. Tension keeps mounting on Bharathi who regrets of her fateful company and all her efforts to drive sense into Muthu not only fail but further help Muthu to launch greater offensive by pulling her out of home even in late hours of the night. Not knowing Bharathi's cold war with MUTHU and preventing him from ruining GG -Kanchana life, all in the family suspect Bharathi of unbecoming behaviour damaging the social esteem of the family. Muthu who was enjoying the sufferings of others, now comes under police scan for misappropriation of funds, faces imprisonment unless he restores 2 lakh rupees overnight. He tries to seek Bharathi's help over the phone and all his efforts to reach are foiled by the judge's family especially Kanchana and the Judge himself. As hours run, Muthu turns restless and manges to scale the compound wall , reaches Bharathi's room to collect 2 lakhs. Meanwhile the disgusted Bharathi wants to end her life by bullets and has offered her prayers to Goddess .The most unexpected presence of Mothu at that hour and place irritates her and she calls him to get out. But he does not budge and wants 2 lakhs. She refuses as impossible. Now Mthu tells Bharathi, I will make Kanchana pay the money by showing the letter. At this Bharathi warns himwith her pistol in hand not to do such a thing, The hard core criminal -Muthu fails to heed and Bharathi opens fire and ends his life. But before opening the chamber she burns off Kanchana's letter to Muthu and saves any scope of ignominy for Kanchana. Besides she calls up police and submits herself for legal proceedings. At all critical junctures, the story has been brilliantly taken by screen play, dialogues and acting.
A CVS movie without a comedy track!
Yet, the movie has been quite clean and crisp.
Please file your observations on this. Other aspects would follow one by one.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Nice way to start another great movie from Sridhar's creative mind - AvaLukkenru Oru Manam!

I love each of your posts on movies and I'm eagerly awaiting your analysis on the other aspects of the movie!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: