"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

G Ramanathan. Unique TFM Composers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: G Ramanathan. Unique TFM Composers Reply with quote

Dear members,
I do not wish to dilute the objectives of this forum by wring about the great G.Ramanathan. However I see some interests shown by Mr Balaji and others and therefore I would like to mention one rare feat of his and keep the rest for another space somewhere in the net to shoot of my personal observations and deliberations.
One of the many capacities of this giant was being able to include western instruments without allowing it to dominate the texture of the main song be it vocal or instrumental . There are many I would be talking about later. There is one particular song from the film "Malaikkallan"....."Unnai Azhaithadhu Yaro"......... sung by Mrs P.Banumathy. Young guitarists and especially Bass guitarists should be able to play this song for a good singer . Even those who have started learning the instruments only a week ago or so. WHY so? Because the whole song is accompanied by only ONE CHORD and TWO notes alternating in the BASS line. Please start now and don't blame me if you get addicted to oldies which as you progress will seduce you to accept the challenges of finding the chords and the bass lines in other songs and notice the richness of these compositions. If your doctor tells you that the BP and Blood sugar values are normal when you are sixty dont be surprised.
Whole song in one chord!! whew!! Have fun.
If your recording is lacking in the bass frequencies I could send one but I have to work out the modalities involved before doing so.
Chakravarthy
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unnai Azaithadhu yaro ....indeed its a great song Sir ! Banumathy's sweet voice will be like honey. The composer was SMS.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S.Balaji wrote:
Unnai Azaithadhu yaro ....indeed its a great song Sir ! Banumathy's sweet voice will be like honey. The composer was SMS.
Thanks Mr Balaji. I was till now thinking it was by GR. I hope someone learning the guitar would try out the chords. Will keep in touch.
Chakravarthy.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Chakravarthy,

I think ' Mullaimalar mele ' has some beautiful chord work ! also ' Vaarai nee vaarai '
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Tamil Film History, TFM Composers, Directors, Actors, Movies & Music (General Topics) All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: