"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sangeetha Saraswathi Award for MSV
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Sangeetha Saraswathi Award for MSV Reply with quote

PARIPOORNOTHSAVAM

Venue: Kamarajar Arangam, Teynampet, Chennai

Day & Date: 25th June 2008, Wednesday

The 56th Birthday of Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath will be celebrated on the holy day of 25th June 2008, Wednesday at Kamaraj Arangam, Chennai.

The highest award in the world of music, 'Sangeetha Saraswathi' instituted by Manava Seva Kendra, for honouring living legendaries in music is conferred by Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath on his birthday every year. This year the award is conferred on none other than 'Mellisai Mannar' 'Kalaimamani' Sri. M. S. Viswanathan.

Sri. M. S. Viswanathan's life is a musical journey, which has reached its epitome through his music. All listeners are literally spellbound by the musical tunes of the great composer, melody king MSV".

More details...

The Kendra :- Manava Seva Kendra is an organization standing for couple of decades now and is a socio-spiritual-charitable organization. We, as an organization, have the motto of celebrating human life with togetherness, oneness feeling and with caring and sharing for fellow human beings.

The Kendra believes in the ultimate development of human being, i.e Realization of self, through the physical, mental and intellectual apparatus. Please visit our website www.manavasevakendra.org to know about us and our service activities.

The activities of Manava Seva Kendra include:-

* Conducting free rural medical camps in a village near Bangalore

* Spreading the Ancient Wisdom and Spiritual Knowledge across the society through Global Education and TRAining Movement (GETRAM) through

* Satsangs on Sundays

* Stress Relief Workshops

* Sukhalaya, a hospital project (INDRAKSHI SWASTI KSHETHRAM)

* Anubhavalaya, for senior citizens

* Free Yoga Camps

* A strong Music and Percussion department

The Kendra has its founder guardian - Sri Guruji Viswanath, who is a self realized Master and an unchallenged champion in the philosophical firmament. The wisdom coming out of him is more than nectarine, ever flowing sweetly and ever lasting in the hearts of all of us. He is ever in silence and when he speaks, it is only Truth that speaks.

Sangeetha Saraswathi Award: - 'Sangeetha Saraswathi' is the award instituted by Manava Seva Kendra, conferred on living legendary musicians every year during the Birthday Celebrations of our Founder Guardian Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath. The recipients of this award in the past years are Sri. V. Dakshinamurthy, Smt. M. S. Subbalakshmi, Sri. M. Balamuralikrishna and Smt.D. K. Pattammal.

Laya Vadhya Chakravarthi Award: - On the occasion of 55th Birthday Celebrations of Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath, the award titled Laya Vadhya Chakravarthi to the ace drum maestro Sri. A. Sivamani.

Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath, the only one Atma Bandhu, is visiting Chennai on the occasion of his 56th Birthday. It is a great honour to be a contemporary to him and it is a great bagya to all friends at Chennai to attend this occasion.

We invite you to avail this golden opportunity of sharing a few auspicious and divine moments with Poojya Sri Guruji Viswanath.

Thanking you,

Yours in Manava Seva,

Dr. Dinesh
Secretary, Manava Seva Kendra
www.manavasevakendra.org

Last edited by Ram on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
I am very much delighted after reading this article.
I have already posted a topic "Commemorate our beloved music legend Shri.MSV" for his birthday on 24th June 2008.
But this is on 25-Jun-2008. A close coincidence.
Another coincidence Guruji avargalin peyarum namathu isai guruji avargalin peyarum.

Thanks a lot for the information.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Award to MSV Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
Glad to note that MM MSV receives an award that is generally given to a chosen few by the organizers of the event. It is in a way gratifying to the multitude of MSV fans, besides, coming at a time when the core crew is contemplating a publication as a part of MSV Times.com's activity.
A copy of the invitation for the occasion may be scanned and put in our website. The photograph of MSV receiving the award should be gathered and kept ready for use in our publication preferably as the cover page.
Efforts may please be taken to muster these items, as later on these would become inaccessible. Kindly request our friends in Chennai to take care of these interests so that we can feel happy to have made the right beginning.
I trust, I can make such suggestions instead of later frantically looking for such rare items. Best of Luck.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
I am elated to hear that Mellisai Maamannar is to receive the Sangeetha Saraswathi award from Manava Seva Kendra. They have chosen wisely. Who better than our own Legend to join the list of great luminaries like Guru Dakshinamoorthy, Bharat Ratna MS Subbulakshmi, Dr.Balamuralikrishna and Smt.DK Pattammal.

LONG LIVE MSV, THE BRAHMA OF MUSIC.

Damodaran Pachaiappan

Last edited by Damodaran Pachaiappan on Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
I would like to attend this function.
Could you please let me know the ticket details etc.,
Venkat

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

25th June 2008.
Intha naal en vaazhnaalil marakkamudiyatha naal...
Yes...
Today for the first time:
I saw Shri.M.S.V very close (I have already seen him on stage from a distance.)
I touched Shri.M.S.V (Wow… Today really I am blessed.)
I got autograph from Shri.M.S.V
(I got it in a paper over my purse. Appo avar “Ippadi ketta eppadi sir podarathu” endru. Naan sign vangittu “Thankyou sir” endru sonnen.
I was so thrilled, excited and what not…)
I took a photograph of Shri.M.S.V with my mobile.

Wow… still I can’t believe this… Ithu nijamave nadanthathuthana.

Yes… yes… yes…
I am talking about the Sangeetha Saraswathi Award given to Shri.M.S.V.
Venue: Kamarajar Arangam, Teynampet, Chennai
Date: 25th June 2008
Some/Many of you would have attended this programme.
I was bit late to the function. So I missed the beginning of the function.

Shri.M.S.V. அவர்களின் அற்புதமான இசை மழையில் நனைந்துவிட்டு வெளியில் வந்து வீட்டுக்கு திரும்பும்ப்போது வருணதேவனின் மழையிலும் கொஞ்சம் நனைந்தேன்.

Paadalgal: Kavignar Kamakoti.
9 muthana paadalgal. Anaithum ore naalil compose panninaaram Shri.Mellisai Mannar. (Veru yaaral mudiyum ithu)
TKR – praised MSV.
PBS Ilamai koluvirukkum mettil avare iyatriya paadalai azhagaga paddinaar.
VJ – Nadamenum kovilile… (Paarkaamal migavum azhagaga padi asathivittar)
PS – Iraivan oruvan avan endrum… and a bit of Vanakkam pala murai sonnen…
Shivamani – percussion
Sirithu neram oru isai samrajyame nadathivittargal vathiyangalai mattum vaithu.

Mothathil today I am blessed. வேரென்ன சொல்ல.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: How to Register. Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Venkat,
A real hot post indeed ! Yes, I mean the spontaneous visit to the site soon after you had attended the Sangeetha Saraswathy award function in honour of MSV. But, you feel honoured for having been able to get closer to the giant and to see how unassuming and simple the man is . It is a real blessing to share a few moments with the legend , as he stays absolutely simple and totally free of those artificialities, which many people of Cine industry shroud themselves with. A man of such a great calibre , not getting intoxicated by any of his contributions is indeed an incarnation of Goddess Saraswathy herself and though late , he has been rightly honoured with the title SANGEETHA SARASWATHY- an apt adoration. I can understand your jubilation with in for the close quarter interaction and the autograph you managed to collect from Shri.MSV. As it normally happens, I could not make it to Chennai. Yet, i can perceive the vibrations that would have filled the atmosphere during the great event. I trust some of the core crew members would add to the details and visuals of the event.
Thank you for the instant posting.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Venkat,

Thanks a lot for your on the spot coverage of the event and your ecstasy is understandable ! I have met him on Jan1 1992 in Mangadu Kamakshi Amman temple and as I wished him, he spontaneously thanked me wishing me all the best. That was one of the best moments of my life ! So I could feel the sense of joy and thrill you have now !
The greatest trait of our Master is his simplicity and modesty despite the monumental achievements. He is a model to everyone on humbleness. Cheers .
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dear Prof. and Mr.Balaji.

As you said, avaroda simplicity, humbleness kandu viyanthu ponen...
Certainly he is God's Gift to this small planet. Really I mean it.

Naan function-uku pogumbothu, avara wish pannanumnu ninaichen.
Naan ezhuthina 4 lines avaruku sollikkaattanumnu ninaichen.
Avarodu sernthu photo eduthukanumnu ninaichen.

Aana avara parthathum enaku ethum pesa varala. Appadiye avara parthundu konjam neram ninnen...

Next time meet pannumpothu parthukalam... Smile

I am very happy to share my beautiful and wonderful experience with you all.
Just I felt that the impact will be more if we do it immediately. naan solradhu saridhane... Smile

Naan knjm late-a ponathunaala aarambam miss aiyduchu.
I think others who attended the function will throw some more light on this memorable event.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Sangeetha Saraswathi !!! Reply with quote

Dear Venkat..

Great to read your 'Thrilling' experience on meeting the Melody King !!!

As our professor and Balaji said, your description was vivid...

Thanks very much for sharing this with our 'MSV Community'

What a great man our MSV is.... Think about his level achievement and see how humble he is!

He is the human form of the word "WISDOM" !!!

As you said, let others who attended the function share their experience as well.

"Sangeetha Saraswathi" - The perfect and fitting title for this Legend !!!

Cheers Very Happy

Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dear Mr.Ram.

Its really a pleasure to share such things.

In today's Times Of India, there was an article about this function.
Please find the link below:

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/India_Buzz/M_S_Viswanathan_honoured_/articleshow/3172571.cms

Thanks all once again.

Next time if there is any such function, I wish to take a photograph with the music legend.

I also like to meet our MSV Club members in the coming functions.

I am looking forward...
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Venkat... Thanks for the link.

Am posting the article for the benefit of others from your link.

THE TIMES OF INDIA
28 Jun 2008, 0023 hrs IST,TNN

M S Viswanathan honoured

Veteran music director M S Viswanathan has proved that where there’s a will there’s a way. The master musician, who has composed scores of scintillating melodies, came out with nine wonderful numbers, all composed in a single day.

The songs, which were sung at a function, organised to celebrate the 56th birthday of Guruji Viswanath, kept the audience spell bound for a good three hours.

The Mellisai Mannar was also presented the Sangeetha Saraswathi award on the occasion. The veteran music director-cum- actor, who spoke after receiving the award, said, “I’m still a student and my success is not a one man show. I am what I am because of my co- workers.”

[img]http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/photo.cms?photoid=3172965[/img][/img]
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Venkat and Ram for the links .

Smile Cheers
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSV, mighty and marvelled

THE HINDU
Friday, Jul 11, 2008

Recently Manava Seva Kendra, Bangalore, founded by Poojyasri Viswanath Guruji celebrated the 56th birthday of its founder, at Kamarajar Arangam.

Manayangath Subramanian Viswanathan, popularly known as MSV, was conferred the title ‘Sangeetha Saraswathi’ by the Guruji. Incidentally the previous day ( June 24) had been MSV’s 80th birthday.

Thanking the Swamiji, MSV, in his acceptance speech dedicated the award to all his mentors, producers, lyricists, singers, actors, and the members of his orchestra who he felt had played an important role in his growth. VCDs of concerts of Neyveli R. Santhanagoplan and drummer Sivamani and a book comprising Swamiji’s talks translated into Tamil by Sri Venugopalan, were released.

Guruji in his discourse that followed highlighted Love as a prime value of life.

Much-awaited segment

The aarathi song by Sriram Parthasarathy marked the commencement of the evening’s much awaited music programme.

Nine songs penned imaginatively by Kavignar Kamakotiyan, eulogising the Guruji, his Kendra’s activities etc., were all composed in a single day, said MSV during the course of the concert. The composer’s genius came to the fore in every song effectively rendered by Kovai Murali, Ananthu, Jaya Srikumar, Sabitha and Sudhavalli.

As the programme was drawing to an end a bonus awaited the rasikas. MSV invited P. Suseela, Vani Jairam and P.B. Sreenivos to the stage to present a song of their choice. And they did not disappoint the audience. The programme concluded with a drum solo by Sivamani.

Source: http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/07/11/stories/2008071151220300.htm

Thanks to my friend Elango from Europe who shared this link!
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... that was lovely...
Thanks Ram for the article and the link.

Still Shri.MSV, avaroda autograph, photograph and that program were in front of my eyes...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: