"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HILARITY -THY NAME IS KAADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI !

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:14 am    Post subject: HILARITY -THY NAME IS KAADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI ! Reply with quote

HILARITY - THY NAME IS KAADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI.

Dear friends,
Any reference to Director Sridar for any of his skills, cannot keep off KAADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI [K N], under any pretext. Also in my current mission , I am concentrating on CVS in sheer admiration of the man who was a DIRECTOR , eminently equipped with all leadership skills , immense confidence, ability to spot talent, keen sense of aesthetic presentation, brilliance in story-telling nuances and above all a merciless editing of shots if he felt redundance at any point of time. Some of our friends may just wonder why this eulogy on Sridar now. Normally I refrain from undue adoration of anyone ; but Sridar overrides my self-imposed restrictions, rendering me helpless in my attempts of recording his brilliance as a movie-maker.
So far as K N, as a movie is concerned, it is a reference library to everything that comes under the genre of movie-making. Critics may detract saying that K N has no story woth a treatment. That is precisely the issue in the sense that a talented team under the able leader- CVS made this subject, a glorious movie that stays unsurpassed in every department of the movie. The movie is in its fifth decade and yet has not turned stale to anyone.
In view of these innate sophistications of the movie, I intend consolidating the features by bringing out details in a very different approach. The aim of the present effort is to draw attention to the various techniques that came together in moulding a piece that stands admirably supreme showing that "presentation" matters the most. So, I intend touching upon specific items that would pinpoint what attracts me as the skills of movie-making.
Thus the write-up on K N has to be on a different orientation , making the mission purposeful. Let me try.
[Soon to begin]
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
msvramki

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof,.

We all await to see your analysis on K N, a movie of its own class !
Pl continue with your mission and all the best.

Regards
Ramki
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I think the timing of your writing on KN is the best now ! Astonishing to note that the same C.V.Sridhar who created Sumaithangi also did KN , totally opposite theme Very Happy In fact I would strongly recommend watching KN immediately after Sumaithangi.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chitralaya Sriram, son of illustrious Gopu has a blog and writes about his Father

http://chitralaya.blogspot.com/
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: NOTHING BUT AN EDUCATIONAL TOUR ON MSV!!! Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman & Balaji,

I feel terribly sad when I come to think that my replies may not be as eloborate as your postings. You both have created a sort of an epic on Nenjil Ore Aalayam, Kadhalikka Neramillai, Venniraadai & Sumaithangi. Prof. Raman- what you have written can never be called a posting or an analysis on these all time greats. Yours was an absolute educational tour on every department of each of these movies. Thank you for continuing to educate us though out of college!!! Your sheer prowess of your writing is indeed a Blessing that MSVTIMES.COM has received. All these songs have created such an impact in me it is just not possible for me to put it in words. We must sit together, hire an auditorium, install a great acoustic system, listen to all these songs and unleash our spontaneous emotions there. What a moment that would be. I hope we give it a serious thought as all the equipments and place are readily available for rent and the entire audio tracks are available with me. May be a fantastic idea that we haven't worked on or even thought about. Please pour your inputs.

Dear Balaji,

What do I say for your writing. May be I could start calling you Prof. Balaji. Your writings have been a great source of information and above all a great guide to many of the present generation to know more about the Legends who have created some of the finest movies that can be viewed by generations to come.

I really do not know if we do justice by writing a small reply for the amount of work all you people have been putting in. But one thing that I am proud about is that with all of you around, MSVTIMES.COM will surely become a place of not only interest but the only destination to know every detail about our Legend MSV's contribution to Indian film Music!!!

GREAT GOING, AND MAY THIS WORK CONTINUE FOREVER!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject: Hilarity -Thy name is Kaadhalikka Neramillai. Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Vaidy,
You have showered on me, an encomium that I don't deserve to say the least. If the idea of auditorium[ acoustically ideal one] comes about, it would be a real reward to the legend. Kindly give at least some of your responses on these so that the author gets to know how to do things in future. Kindly bestow your attention for some critical observation.
Thank you
Warm regards K.Raman Madurai.
S.V.Srinivasan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: Meeting of MSV fans Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy,

I think it's a brilliant idea to have a meeting of fellow MSV fans in a good auditorium with decent acoustics, perhaps in Chennai. Why don't you please plan a get-together, perhaps on a Sunday? I'm sure many of our like-minded friends will welcome this idea enthusiastically. I, for one, will definitely come over from Bangalore. Of course, the icing on the cake would be if our dear MSV himself is present on the occasion, along with his great colleagues like TKR, Vaali and TMS.

Since I joined this Forum only recently, I'm not aware if members of this site have ever got together. We could even make it an annual event, something like the class reunions many school friends and college friends have.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: