"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

HOW ABOUT A DETAILED STUDY OF "VENNIRA AADAI"?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: HOW ABOUT A DETAILED STUDY OF "VENNIRA AADAI"? Reply with quote

Dear friends,
With the participation from members declining, it looks necessary to come out with added vigour to restore higher activity at our site. As an effort, I made 9 postings [in fair detail] on Nenjil ore Aalayam. But, we are yet to receive responses from our friends. Meanwhile , Mr. Balaji has taken up "Aalaya Mani" for detailed description/ analysis. There was a request from some friends to analyse the other movies of CV Sridar. It is not a bad idea, as analysing one Director may bring out several facets of the personality as read from the movies. In this connection, I think the movie "VENNIRA AADAI" carries lot of scope for analysis. However, before opening up the topic, I would like to know if our friends are in a mood to receive it. When N O A was taken up I had an anticipation that it may generate high enthusiasm. But nothing encouraging emerged. So, I feel it safe to assess if our FRIENDS REALLY FEEL HAPPY of my proposal on a comprehensive analysis of this movie by Sridar. So, I shall wait for 2-3 days before deciding either way. Nothing wrong in requesting to come out with your suggestions.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I wish to take up SUMAITHANGI , being my ever favourite Sridhar movie . Soon, I will cover in phases.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: VENNIRA AADAI Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Balaji,
Nice that you are making a simultaneous assessment, assertion
and announcement that soon you are to open a detailed analysis of 'SUMAI THAANGI" [MY FAVOURITE TOO]. But, as of now my desire is to concentrate on "Vennira aadai". I do not intend taking up "Sumai thaangi", for I believe that all of us must write and there need not be a clamour to write on the same topic. Besides, I wait for the pulse of our people before I venture on "Vennira aadai'. It is nice of you to have made clear of your desire in taking up a specific item, so that others can avoid repetition. But certainly we can expect supplementation if needed. Looking forward to your observations on "Sumai thaangi". Best wishes
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
msvramki

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof.,

Yes. . I agree Professor, with your worry whether the response from the members of the Forum would be encouraging or not for the analysis you are going to write, looking at the N O A experience ! The fabuluous analysis of every aspect of N O A by you was remarkable and I personally feel your this work should continue WHETHER OR NOT PEOPLE RESPOND TO THEM !

These are going to be treasures for future generation who all one day will realise , recognise and get amazed at the creations of the Legend Mellisai Mannar MSV as well the Legandary Directors like CVS !

As you know, we have other plans too, as we had discussed and these are going to be the GOLDEN PAGES of it !

Pl do not get disappointed or dejected but remember, you are doing this

(a) for your own satisfaction

(b) for the unparallel MM, who himself does not remember or recall what all wonders He has done all these decades and

(c) for the generation, which is living in a 'mayai' that what noice they hear today is 'music' (there are exceptions always !)

So, Professor, please continue your great analysis of the greatest creators of the Golder Era, with the same rigour and enthusiasm with which you have been doing all these days !

BALAJI ! Whatever I have said here is for you too and you should continue your mission irrespective of how others reciprocate !

You know, this is exactly what our Master kept doing (ie creating mesmerising melodies continously, nonstop, without bothering about whether he was proportionately recognised or not !) all these years !

We look forward to your continued service, Prof and Balaji !

All the best !

RAMKI

Ram

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I second the above replies from dad & Balaji.

Please proceed with your valuable analysis of the movies - and just as a note - your descriptions for Vennira Aadai are as fabulous as the compositions of our Master !!!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:06 am    Post subject: VENNIRA AADAI Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramki, Mr.Ram and all our friends,

You would be aware that , I have completed the recent compilation on Vennira aadai. I owe a special reference to your appeal to me to come out with my perception of the movie. Still I have hopes that Mr.SVS would add to it because one can not exhaust a movie treasure like Vennira Aadai. Being currently on Sridar movies , I feel that a greater bonanza like KAADHALIKKA NERAMILLAI , can never be left out.Quite a few eyebrows nay arch out in suspense as to what is there in
K N to analyse as the movie is just a happy-go-lucky package of 1964. Therefore, this movie is a fertile ground for us to explore. This movie is encyclopedic in its very organization, for, the then universal murmur was "there is no story" in this movie. Is it not a boon that movies can be taken to Silver jubilee box office success even without a 'story'. So, we may have to tow a line absolutely different so as to appreciate this movie- a glorious definition of hilarious comedy. Shall we start it? Let me know.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

As I do not know Carnatic Music, I was not able to analyse the songs of our legend technically (i.e., what raaga, thaalam etc.,) as you do.
But I enjoy every moment of MMs music by all means.

Also I am not very good in writing about movies in detail as you do.
But really I enjoy all your writeups.
All are doing a great job. Hats off for that.

Neenga ezhuthara mathiri enaku ezhutha mudiyalayennu romba varuthama iruku.

I am trying to give whatever I know in the best way I can and continue to do so.

Infact I do not know who are all the lyricists for all the MSV songs.

I would like to share a thing.
In those days (mid 70's), Madras Vividh barathi-la songs vekkumbothu, perumbaalum, isai M.S.Viswanathan or isai Viswanathan-Ramamoorthy endru dhan varum.
Appo ellam what I thought was "M.S.V-ku innoru peru VR" endru... Very Happy

Enaku therinthellam MSV MSV and MSV. Who is the actor, singer, lyricist ellam secondary.

Because oru song-oda birthplace ethunnu ketta, in my opinion, oru sirantha isai amaipaalaroda "antharathma" dhan endru solven.

Ithai MSV avargaloda paadalgalai kekkumpothu nammaal kandippaaga unara mudiyum.

Avaroda paadalgalai, lightmusic programm-la paadrathu kadinam, isai amaipathu (reproduction of his song BGM) athai vida kadinam. Itharkum pala paadalgalai utharanama solla mudiyum.

Mele kurippittavai anaithum enathu thaazhmaiana karuthu.

Please pardon me if I have written anything wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: