"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSVTIMES.COM & Ragapravaham Sundar present VINTAGE VISU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM & Ragapravaham Sundar present VINTAGE VISU Reply with quote

Dear friends,

MSVTIMES.COM and Ragapravaham Sundar jointly present

"VINTAGE VISU"

a Grand Music Show

featuring the stunning melodies of the great legend,
"Mellisai Mannar" Sri M S VISWANATHAN.

on APRIL 12, 2008

at 6 pm

at P S HIGHER SECONDARY SCHOOL AUDITORIUM
R K MUTT ROAD
MYLAPORE
CHENNAI 4

Guest of Honour : " Mellisai Mannar" Sri M S VISWANATHAN.

The songs to be rendered in the programme are all great numbers ringing in your inner-soul always, but not generally ventured on stage !

MSVTIMES and SUNDAR bring them on stage now !

Hope you will not miss the event !

With regards

RAMKI
For MSVTIMES.COM

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing all the very best for the programme . Pls do a video coverage and host it on the web Smile

Cheers
baroque

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appadiyaa!!

JOLLY aa enjoy pannungo!

Sundar, Wishing you SUCCESS & FUN in the planning and presentation of the event!!

Going to be AMAZING! Vinatha.

I am in LOVE!!

Alangaaram Kalaiyaadha silai Ondru kanden
Anbey un ezhil kanda oru naaliley...’

Oh! KAADHALIN PON VEEDHIYIL...
andha Enchanting prelude & delightful tune with charming percussion jadhi/layam ley gracious aa feelings hype panni kollungo, I forever yengi!!
Yenakkey yenakku indha pattu yellam

Drool ALERT, Shri.MSV!!

Every time listen to this magical musicals,
appadiye udalaalum ullathalum urugi
Naan yengi poyeduven!
naan thookindu poyeduven, ungalai!!

Vinatha.
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THATS AN AMAZING NEWS !!!! Surprised) HATS OFF TO ALL THE ORGANISERS OF THIS MEGA EVENT !!!!

MSV RULES
VENKAT
msvramki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[size=18]அன்பார்ந்த எம் எஸ் வி யர்களே,

நம் எம் எஸ் வி டைம்ஸ்.காம் இன் முதல் மேடை நிகழ்ச்சி,
" விண்டேஜ் விசு", ராகப்பிரவாகம் சுந்தரின் கூட்டுமுயற்சியுடன்
ஏப்ரல் 12 தேதி, பி எஸ் ஹைஸ்கூல் தக்ஷிணாமூர்த்தி அரங்கில்
வெகு விமரிசையாக நடந்தேறியது !

இதன் தனித்துவம் என்னவென்றால், இதுவரை யாரும் மேடையில் இசைக்காத இதயம் வருடும் பாடல்களை சிறப்பாக வழங்கியது !

சுந்தர் குழுவுக்கு வாழ்த்துக்கள். நன்றிகள் !!

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி நடக்க பிள்ளையார் சுழி போட்ட நம் தள் நண்பர் ரவிச்சந்திரன் அவர்களுக்கு அன்பார்ந்த நன்றி. (இந்த விழா பற்றி பேச ஆரம்பித்தவுடனேயெ ஓடிச்சென்று அரங்கை புக் செய்துவிட்டு
" Come on , let us start " என்றார் ! - Hats off to you Ravi !

இசைககப்ப்ட்ட பாடல்கள் :

பாடல் : கூவாமல் கூவும் - படம் : வைரமாலை
அன்புனாலே உண்டாகும் - பாசவலை
சிங்காரப்புன்னகை - மஹாதேவி
தென்றல் உறங்கியபோதும் - பெற்றமகனை விற்ற அன்னை
என் வாழ்வில் - தங்கப்பதுமை
அன்புமனம் கனிந்தபின்னே - ஆளுக்கு ஒரு வீடு
உடலுக்கு உயிர்காவல் - மணப்பந்தல்
காதல் என்னும் வடிவம் - பாக்யலக்ஷ்மி
ஓடம் நதியினிலே - காத்திருந்த கண்கள்
மாலையும் இரவும் - பாசம்
அம்மம்மா கேளடி - கருப்புப்பணம்
கண்ணுக்கு குலமேது - கர்ணன்
மலருக்குத்தென்றல் - எங்க வீட்டுப்பிள்ளை
ஆரோடும் மண்ணில் - பழனி
இளமை கொலுஇருக்கும் - ஹலோ மிஸ்டர் ஜமிந்தார்
வெண்பளிங்கு மேடை - பூஜைக்குவந்தமலர்
கண்ணன் என்னும் மன்னன் - வெண்ணீற் ஆடை
காத்திருந்த கண்களே- மோட்டார் சுந்தரம்பிள்ளை
சந்திப்போமா - சித்தி
அலங்காரம் கலையாமல் - நம்ம வீட்டு லக்ஷிமி
குயிலாக நான் - செல்வமகள்
விழியே விழியே - புதிய பூமி
கை விரலில் - கல்லும் கனியாகும்
அடு ஏண்டி அசட்டுப்பெண்ணே - கன்னிப்பெண்
பொன்னென்றும் பூ என்றும் - நிலவே நீ சாட்சி
ஒரே பாடல் - எங்கிருந்தோ வந்தாள்
மங்கையரில் மகராணி - அவளுக்கென்று ஒரு மனம்
வருவான் மோகன ரூபன் - பொன்னூஞல்
காதலின் பொன் வீதியில் - பூக்காரி
பூங்கொடியே பூங்கொடியே - ஸ்கூல் மாஸ்டர்
சொல்லத்தான் நினைக்கிறேன் - சொல்லத்தான் நினைக்கிறேன்
மறந்தே போச்சு - அத்தையா மாமியா
ஊஞ்சலுக்குப் பூச்சூடி - அவன் தான் மனிதன்

எம் எஸ் வி யை நான் அழைத்துவந்து ( என் காரில் நான் ஓட்ட
என் அருகில் மாஸ்டர் - அவர் பாடல்களை அவருடனே கேட்டு ரசித்தவாறே ! நானும் என் காரும் எவ்வளவு புண்ணியம் செய்திருக்க வேண்டும் இந்த பாக்கியத்திற்கு ! ) அரங்கில் அவர் நுழையும்போது, வாத்திய இசைப்பு - " நாளாம் நாளாம் திருநாளாம்" !

அவர் அமர்ந்த்தும் இசைக்கப்பட்ட முதல் பாடல் - " கண்ணுக்கு குலமேது" - கர்ணன். எம் எஸ் வியின் இணையற்ற பாடல் !

எம் எஸ் வி மேடை ஏறி தளத்தின் சார்பில் கவுரவிகப்பட்டார் !
திரு ராகவேந்தர் எழுதியிருந்த புத்தாண்டு பற்றிய பாடலை
நிமிடத்தில் இசையமைத்து மேடையில் பாடினார் மெல்லிசைமன்னர் !! ரசிகர்கள் ஆனந்த கரகோஷம் !
எப்படி இவர் ஒருவரால் மட்டும் - just on the spot - இசையமைக்க முடிகிறது ? ஒரே பதில் - சரஸ்வதி தேவியின் செல்லப்பிள்ளை அவர் !!

அரங்கு முக்கால்வாசி நிறைந்துஇருந்தது . என் நிரம்பி வழியவில்லை ? வராதவர்களுக்குக் கொடுப்பனையில்லை !!

இது போன்ற நிகழ்ச்சிகள் பல நடத்த எண்ணம் - உங்கள் அனைவரது ஒத்துழைப்புடன் - பார்ப்போம்.

நன்றி

ராம்கி.
[/size]

Last edited by msvramki on Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:53 am; edited 10 times in total
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ramki,

Pls give a detailed post besides giving video links also. I heard , the programme was extremely successful . Cheers Very Happy
msvramki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes.. Balaji,

We had a Video coverage of the programme . Will try to post in the site !

Ramki
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: VINTAGE VISU Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I quickly moved to Chennai [from Madurai] with the sole intention of attending the programme "VINTAGE VISU" that turned out to be more than a mere light music event. What do I mean by this? In fact I was requested by Mr Sabesan and Mr. Vaidy to provide a welcome aqddress to the event. Fully conscious of the implications of such items, I made it a point to be absolutely precise and crisp without letting in any element of digression or boredom. I decided to stick to Tamil to offset the scope of even a single member feeling any 'inability' to receive ' whatever I said. [hopefully, I delivered the goods. It is for friends to say if any modifications would have helped the occasion]
With Mr.Ramki's reference to the list of songs ALREADY ON SITE, I prefer to record viewpoints that can help the reader to conceieve of the solemnity that pervaded the entire schedule right through. It was easily one of the most disciplined audience that any music troupe would pray for, givig the precise appreciation that an effort deserves. Mr. Sundar of 'RAAGAPRAVAAHAM' deserves a special mention for the brisk display punctuated to perfection though the orchestra per se was a limited group [with unlimited potential] The numbers chosen were rather intricate and quite demanding on the singers and the orchestra. All lived upto requirements admirably well.
I AM SURE THE ENTIRE AUDIENCE RAPIDLY GOT INVIGOURATED TO THEIR DAYS OF YOUTH EFFORTLESSLY. This tonic is bound to tone-up our enthusiasm for months to come.
It was even more rewarding to see the members of the orchestra, quickly appreciating their own efforts whenever the player [of any instrument] was able to achieve perfect replication of the original note executed by MSV's orchestra. I take it as an obvious tribute to MSV because artistes do realize an intricacy and with a sense of palpitation look forward to the 'specific colleague' to see how he comes through that intricate spot unscathed. Years after the piece was composed , if players find it demanding , it is a silent testimony to the fineness of the composer to have extracted such a fine articulation by sheer manual effort. Is it not a powerful tribute to recognize that MSV had created innumerable such musical marvels by precise timings of 'inserts' inconceivable for any one? At least, those instrumentalists would have realized that playing for MSV's requirements is the real 'SAADHAKAM' that an instrumentalist should have been blessed with. On Saturday's programme [Vintage Visu'], I noticed over a dozen spots when these artistes displayed glee and relief crossing those spots in deft articulation.
MSV added to the elegance of the show by appreciating all the fine points. He once again demonstrated his alacrity by instantly composing a tune for a newyear song written by Mr.Ragavendran and brilliantly proved that enthusiasm can wipe off any fatigue that may creep in by age. It was a wonderful evening when I had the fortune of meeting our MSV TIMES.COM friends whom I had hitherto known only by name.
I thank all those who contributed to the occasion. Our friend Mr. Sabesan added to the event by brilliantly rendering a couple of PBS songs with the orchestral accompaniment.
THE WHOLE EVENT WAS HARMONY-LIT ALL OVER.
WITH WARM REGARDS . Prof.K.Raman Madurai
ragasuda

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: msvtimes.com anniversary Reply with quote

Dear friends,
It was a memorable evening and more than those who attended it, it will be those who could not or did not attend, that will feel sorry for missing the event. That's what I feel. Professor Madhu Raman enlivened the eventful evening with his compering. RAgapravaham Sundar deserves all appreciation for the hard work he and his team put in, because, as we all know, it is not an easy job to reproduce the glory of the songs of Mellisai Mannar. Particularly the lady who sang the song from Karuppuppanam needs full applause. She was so comfortable with her voice that we felt if she sang all the songs. That does not mean that others lagged. And one singer from Chengalpattu, he brought PBS on stage with his superb voice and rendering. We longed for so many numbers but the evening has limit in its time duration. Within that they have done their best. ANd the climax was the composition of song by Gurunadha Sitthar V. Raghavendran, tuned on stage by our Maestro, Mellisai Mannar M.S. Viswanathan. As a part of the events, on behalf of www.nadigarthilagam.com, a small momento in the form of a photoframe, was presented to Mellisai Mannar. It contained the still of MSV in the film Kannagi, as Balamurugar, his name in the title card, and the list of films MSV composed music for Nadigar Thilagam SIvaji GAnesan starred films (numbering 119). Mellisai Mannar immediately recalled how he came to act as Balamurugar in the film Kannagi.
WE feel msvtimes celebrates its anniversary daily throughout the year and daily we have such evenings so that we could hear his songs live, and meet him as often as possible.
V. RAghavendran.
baroque

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS A LOT FOR THE SONGS LIST!

Aahaa!! Kuyilaaga naan..... even this morning while driving I was listening to it along with orutharam...,naanamo... etc..!

GREAT JOB, guys!

POONGKODIYE POONGKODIYEE...., Very same movie has a Anandha Bhairavi... what an emotive composition 'thannan thanimaiyiley..... last week , I was enjoying!!

What a line up of songs!
BEAUTIFUL!
I FEAST MYSELF TONIGHT ONE BY ONE!!
GOOD FOR YOU ALL!!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor and Raghavendran

Thanks a lot for the coverage . Happy to note that atleast you both were there to represent us . Cheers Very Happy
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 9:39 am    Post subject: News item in The Hindu dt. 18/4/08 Reply with quote

Dear All,

Ms. Malathi Rangarajan has written an article has come in The Hindu dt. 18/4/08 covering the programme :

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/04/18/stories/2008041851050400.htm

The passion showed

MALATHI RANGARAJAN

By bringing the wizard on stage for an on-the- spot composition, msvtimes.com did itself proud.

Photo: B. Jothi Ramalingam

Picture of concentration: MSV in a composing mood.

Once on stage he’s unstoppable. Oozing zest with every chord his finger touches, M. S. Viswanathan is a treat to watch when he’s behind the harmonium or the keyboard, as he was the other evening at the Dakshinamurthy Auditorium. The compo ser’s official website msvtimes.com had organised the event that comprised a light music show, ‘Vintage Visu,’ by Sundar’s Ragapravaham that included evergreen numbers of the veteran, beginning 1950s.

Live treat

“Raghavendar here has written a few lines and has asked me to compose a tune for it. I’ll try,” MSV began on his ever-humble note. The lyricist is another of his ardent fans. The sheet of paper was placed before him and his fingers nimbly played the notes. Simultaneously striking a chord with the audience and on the keyboard, he zealously welcomed the month of Chithirai. The rustic tune once again proved that the passage of time hasn’t affected his potential.

“This reminds me of an incident during the making of K. Balachander’s ‘Avargal.’ Kannadasan and I were on stage for a show at the University auditorium, when suddenly Balachander came up and went straight to the mike. ‘For the past 10 days I’ve been trying to get these two together to compose. I have to begin the shoot in three days. With your permission I request them to do it for me right here,’ he said. Kannadasan glared at me thinking I had a hand in it. I blinked, but we had to go ahead. The song was ready in 15 minutes flat. It was ‘Angum Ingum …’” said MSV. The number remains a scintillating piece till date.

“That was not all,” he continued with a chuckle, “The next day I was invited for a face to face at Loyola College, when one of the students, said, ‘Last evening we all noticed how you people pretended to compose on stage in a matter of minutes.’ I told him it wasn’t stage managed. ‘Then give a tune for the lines I supply now,’ he challenged. It was more prose than lyrics, but I went ahead and set it to music.”

Melody session

As the melodies were sung, Sundar spoke of the various ragas MSV had so wonderfully adopted in his songs, his penchant for Sindhubhairavi, his exquisite use of Nagasvarali, his adaptation of Natabhairavi and so on. But Ragapravaham’s rendering of some of the songs lacked lustre. All the same singer Sudharani stood apart. Touching the higher octaves with ease she was a pleasure to listen to. Sundar seemed a little distracted at times and walked off the proscenium now and then during the course of the concert, when the troupe had to manage without a conductor. The lacuna showed. Neither were the acoustics in the hall very helpful. But MSV’s appearance and interaction made up for everything else.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:11 am    Post subject: Vintage Visu-- Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Some of those who participated in the programme have presented their view points about the event. It is a week since the item was over. We have been eagerly looking for the video clippings so that the visual presentation would enhance the visualization for those who could not make it to the occasion. Also in these days of TV habit, all items of information are enjoyed better if backed by visuals. How enthusiastic and devoted was MSV can be 'seen' more vividly as the video clip provides for action- recording. I trust the site managers would satisfy this need for all MSV fans across the globe.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:56 am    Post subject: TIME TO CELEBRATE !!!! Reply with quote

MANY CONGRATULATIONS AND BEST WISHES FOR THE ORAGANISERS OF THIS RARE EVENT "VINTAGE VISU..." !!!

THANKS DEAR PROFESSOR UNCLE FOR SUCH A CLEAR DELINEATION. YOUR OBSERVATION OF THE ORCHESTRA MEMBERS MAKES AN INTERESTING NOTE AND IS COMMENDABLE.

I COULD INFER THAT ALL THE MUSICIANS ARE ACTUALLY AWAITING SUCH RARE OPPORTUNITIES TO SHOWCASE THEIR TALENTS WITH EXHILARATING PERFORMANCES. THE JOY THEY GET IS A REAL ONE AND HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO ENJOY AND FEEL PROUD ABOUT THEMSELVES WHEN THEY GET THE RARE CHORDS AND NOTES RIGHT !! Smile

ONCE AGAIN CONGRATULATIONS AND THREE CHEERS - HIP HIP HURRAY TO ALL !!! Very Happy

MSV RULES !!!
VENKAT
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

My hearty congratulations to the organizers of this event and wish them to perform many more such events in the future.

On 12-Apr-2008, I had a personal work. Thats why I could'nt make it to the show.

Actually from 19-Apr-2008 to 28-Apr-2008 I was not in Chennai.
I went to Delhi with my family.

இவற்றையெல்லாம் படிக்கும்போது ரொம்ப miss பன்னிட்டேனோன்னு தோனுது.

Next time intha madhiri oru oppurtunity kidaicha definitely I will make it to the show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: