"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NENJIL ORE AALAYAM

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:07 am    Post subject: NENJIL ORE AALAYAM Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Nenjil ore aalayam is being telecast in 2 parts by DD Podhigai at 3-10 pm on Thurs day and Friday[ to-day 2-05-08]. Those of us who can afford to spare time may kindly watch the movie and please come out with our observations on the varied facets of this grand movie where CV Sridhar was driven to V R for composing music. What were the then situations and how brilliantly V R brought out a musical bonanza will be discussed in this thread soon by me. Let me finish watching the movie first before I register my feelings. It is a grand opportunity for us to move back by 47 years only to lament that we are technologically advanced but not mentally so much. More of it to follow. Please see the movie and see how moving and impacting were the then creators, [they were creative as we try looking at near 50 years ago when severe restrictions on equipment and import were prevalent. Certainly mental equipment can adequately compensate for limitations of work equipment is the logical derivative.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sir,

I also watched the first part.

This is one unforgettable movie which infact should be made a study material in film institute . Right from the start, the movie is very gripping and conversations are all measured , precise and to the point. Amazing that only one scene where Kalyan Kumar and Devika are being shown having a small chat outdoor. Rest are all indoors ! Who has the guts to do such things now or even then ! Sridhar is an all time great.

Pls write about the movie.
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor and Mr.Balaji,
I have seen this movie many times before. DD-la ippo paaka mudiyalai.

This movie is an all time Tamil classic movie with great music and screenplay.
90% of the movie is shooted in the hospital set only.

Initially Sridhar thought of taking a movie by using a single set. First he thought of a Jail.

Then he changed his mind and thought of a Hospital set. Hospital-a iruntha lot of people will be coming and going. So ore kalakalappa irukumnu ninaichu he decided to take Nenjil Or Aalayam.

Thats the greatness of the director.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 7:39 am    Post subject: NENJIL ORE AALAYAM Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I opened this thread on NENJIL ORE AALAYAM [ N O A] WITH A DEFINITE PURPOSE OF SHARING WITH ALL OF YOU CERTAIN IMPORTANT INFORMATION . Therefore, to keep off fatigue it is imperative to split the write-up to small / compact items fo sustaining tempo. People may have to bear with my style of writing which may not be that absorbing as one might desire it to be. Yet, delight is mine while trying to narrate the tit bits that went into the history of the movie. So, I am obliged to number these write-ups for the sake of continuity and interaction. That I am opening a serial does NOT PRECLUDE any one from posting your responses right under the piece[s].
NENJIL ORE AALAYAM -- N O A ------ I

N O A is the second movie from the house of Chitraalaya that set the trend in movie-making in its own way. Though second in line of production, actually CVSridhar had already developed this plot for this movie. [For several years CVS was on the team of VENUS Pictures where he was "groomed" so to say].
His knack of story telling was heavily hinged on Cinematography and in crisp dialogues that were less artificial and "homely". Needless to say that CVS brought his long term friends A.Vincent and PN Sundaram into Chitraalaya while he had the Art Directors in Ganga and Selvaraj , Editor NM Sankar , assistants in CV Rajendran [his own brother] and TV Satagopan the well known Gopu [ more than a brother to CVS] and
AM Raja and his team for music.
As the first movie from Chitraalaya Sridhar did not want to come out with a tragedy subject like NOA. Therefore he wanted to have a very light, Song-rich movie like THNE NILAVU where he took very tedious efforts shooting the movie in Kasmir. [ Movie making out doors is not a new phenomenon as is wrongly claimed by some] The movie was shot in parts of Kasmir from where the film was sent by air to Madras [it was not Chennai then] and all the sequences shot till then were screened in a village theatre late after 2am at nights and any amends needed were shot on the subsequent session. CVS used to jocularly remark that THANE NILAVU was first screened in Kashmir and not in TN,
Thane Nilavu had its measure of success and was a respectable movie for its content and songs composed by AM Raja. Yet, some unsavoury things seem to have happened and AMR refused to help CVS to complete the movie VIDI VELLI made for Prabu Ram pictures of SIVAJI GANESAN. [obviously named after his sons] At one stage, CVS had to bring extraordinary pressure on AMR to complete the re-recording for Vidi Velli. These instances suggest the severe strain on relations between CVS and AMR though CVS had already booked AM R as the MD for N O A . Literally CVS was left high and dry when AM R returned the advance he had received for N O A and CVS turned to Viswanathan Ramamurthy to score music for N O A and truly the MMs got firmly seated in our minds in all the excellent movies from Chitraalaya. It also is pertinent to state here that V R ascertained clearly that they have not cut into anybody else's opportunity by undertaking to work for N O A. Often MSV recalls how inspiring was CV S on this project
On this the very second movie, CV S heavily banked on actors not well known to TF industry and instantly all of them were raised to stardom including Mr.Nagesh. In fact, Mr. Gemini Ganesan has gone on record saying that "Mr Sridhar conveniently forgets me when he has such excellent themes like N O A" Actually G G can't raise this seriously because CVS had substantially availed of him in Kalyana Parisu and Thane Nilavu.
How NOA turned out to be a mega hit and what dimensions came out from this movie can be discussed later [ To continue]
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள ப்ரொ ராமன்,

நம் தளத்தின் 'திரைப்படம்' பக்கத்தில் நீங்கள் தொடங்கியிருக்கும் இந்த 'நெ. ஓ. ஆ' பற்றிய தொடர்பதிவு, மிக சுவாரசியமான ஒன்று.

இவ்வாறு ஒரு படம் பற்றி விவரமாக பதிக்கவேண்டும் என்று உங்களுக்கு எண்ணம் வந்தது நம் தள நண்பர்களுக்கு ஒரு பெரிய
போனஸ் !

இது போலவே, நண்பர்கள் அனைவரும், தங்களைப் பாதித்த், தாங்கள் ரசித்த படங்கள் சில பற்றி ப்ரொபசர் வழியில் விவரித்தால் மிக அருமையாக இருக்கும்.

நல்லதொரு தொடக்கம் ! அசத்துங்கள் ராமன் !

நாங்களும் தொடங்க முயற்சிக்கிறோம்.

ராம்கி.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: