"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Singers- T.R.Mahalingam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Singers- T.R.Mahalingam Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Talking of singers in TFs, even in our site not much reference is made to TENKARAI R.Mahalingam. To me, he was a very different type of singer and if I may say so, Poet Kannadasan has spotted him very early and MSV had made the best of TR M. Who can forget that scintillating piece SENTHAMIZH THANE MOZHIYAAL and I am very sure an interview with MM MSV will certainly provide us much better a portrayal of TRM's calibre. When I said he was a different type singer, I intended indicating that TRM was an aesthetic blend OF TMS and SEERGAZHI. HE WAS ENDOWED WITH A VERY RICH VOICE ABSOLUTE COMFORT IN TAMIL DIALECTS and had very special lung power to stay aloft quite long without a trace of suffering to sustain. Obviously he was MSV's delight but his range was so acute that he could sing only for himself.Sometimes divine blessing can make one unique and thus render difficulty in being frequently useful. I trust our anlysts can cast their look on TRM -MSV products and delight us all.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
amkeew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Prof

I am a fan of TRM too. One of his songs I like most is Nanaandri Yaar Varuvar in Maalai Itta Managai. Beautiful melody. Lovely lyric.

Muthukumaran
irenehastings

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my favourite songs of t.r.mahalingam, are

'aadai katti vandha nilavo'

'kodi kodi inbam perave thedi vandha selvam'

from aada vandha dheivam,

and also....

'isaithamizh nee seytha arum saadhanai' by kvm in thiruvilaiyaadal

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Madhuram,
Your observation regarding TR's Voice is wonderful. I f one has not seen him they could easily picturize his stature to be slender but powerful. A difficult task to find a character like that for the screen.There was a lot of attack in his voice and compression. The amount of gamakas and mordants he used probably was difficult to act too. The same goes for Sivaji Ganesans voice. Even if somebody could reproduce it for dubbing, we may may not get actors, who can fit it.The few songs , by comparison, that he has recorded are masterpieces which will keep his voice alive for years.
Chakravarthy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: