"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyrics - Thendraladhu unnidathil - Andha 7 Naatkal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: Lyrics - Thendraladhu unnidathil - Andha 7 Naatkal Reply with quote

படம்: அந்த ஏழு நாட்கள் பாடலாசிரியர்: கண்ணதாசன்
இசை: மெல்லிசை மன்னர்
பாடியவர்கள்: ஜெயச்சந்திரன் & ஜானகி

ஜானகி:
தென்றலது உன்னிடத்தில் சொல்லிவைத்த சேதி என்னவோ
பெண்மையின் சொர்கமே பார்வையில் வந்ததோ
காவியம் தந்ததோ

ஜெயச்சந்திரன்:
உள்ளம் எங்கும் பொங்கும் ஆசை இன்று தங்கரதம் ஏறியது
ஜானகி:
உன்னை பார்த்து சொல்லும் வார்த்தை இன்று கங்கை என மாறியது
ஜெயச்சந்திரன்:
இதுவரை கனவுகள் இளமையின் நினைவுகள் ஈடேறும் நாள் இன்றுதான்
ஜானகி:
எதுவரை தலைமுறை அதுவரை தொடர்ந்திடும் என்னாசை உன்னோடுதான்
ஜெயச்சந்திரன்:
காவியம் தந்ததோ
(தென்றலது)

ஜானகி:
சந்தம் தேடி சிந்து பாடி உந்தன் சன்னதிக்கு நான் வருவேன்
ஜெயச்சந்திரன்:
தஞ்சை கோவில் சிற்பம் போலே ஒரு முத்திரையை நான் பதிப்பேன்
ஜானகி:
அனுதினம் இரவெனும் அதிசய உலகினில் ஆனந்த நீராடுவோம்
ஜெயச்சந்திரன்:
தினம் ஒரு புதுவகை கலைகளை அறிந்திடும் ஏகாந்தம் நாம் காணுவோம்
ஜானகி:
காவியம் தந்ததோ
(தென்றலது)

1981-ல் வெளிவந்த அந்த 7 நாட்கள் படத்தில் கவியரசரும், மெல்லிசை மன்னரும் இணைந்து அளித்த இன்னொரு விருந்து இந்த பாடல்.

மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இந்த பாடலில் மிருதங்கம், புல்லாங்குழல், சிதார் மற்றும் வயலின் இந்த நான்கையும் வைத்து ஒரு கலக்கு கலக்கி இருக்கிறார். குறிப்பாக இந்த பாடலில் மிருதங்கத்தை வைத்து ஒரு ராஜாங்கமே நடத்தியுள்ளார்.

பாடல் தொடங்குவதே இந்த பாடலுக்கான ஸ்வரத்தில். ஸ்வரத்தை தொடர்ந்து வரும் அந்த அழகான மிருதங்க இசை இந்த பாடல் முழுவதும் அற்புதமான பின்னணியாக வரும். இந்த பாடலின் இன்னொரு அழகு, பாடலில் சரணம் தொடங்கும் முன்பு சிதார், வயலின், புல்லாங்குழல் இவை மூன்றும் தனி தனியே ராகம் இசைப்பது. முதலில் சிதார், வயலின் இந்த இரண்டும் ஒரே ஸ்வரத்தை high pitch மற்றும் low pitch-l மாறி மாறி ராகம் இசைத்தபின், அடுத்து நம்மை இதமாக தாலாட்டுவது போல வரும் புல்லாங்குழல். இந்த மூன்றும் சேர்ந்து நம் நெஞ்சை கொள்ளை கொள்ளும்.

இந்த பாடலில், சரணம் முடிவடைவதே, இந்த பாடலின் பல்லவியில், கடைசி இரண்டு வரிகளாக வரும் 'பெண்மையின் சொர்கமே' என்பதில்தான். இந்த வரிகளை பாடும்போது அதனுடன் தொடர்ந்து வரும் மிருதங்கம்தான் இந்த பாடலின் மிகச் சிறப்பான அம்சம்.

இவ்வளவு அழகான இந்த பாடலின் இசைக்கு இணையாக அழகூட்டுவது கண்ணதாசனின் சொக்க வைக்கும் வரிகள்.
உள்ளத்தில் பொங்கும் ஆசை வெளிப்பட்டதை 'தங்க ரதம் ஏறியது' என்றும்
அவனிடம் அவள் பேசும் வார்த்தைகள் கொஞ்சம் கொஞ்சமாக பெருக்கெடுத்து 'கங்கை என மாறியது' என்றும்,
அவள் அவன் மீது கொண்ட ஆசை, அவள் உயிர் உள்ள வரை என்று சொல்லாமல்,
"எதுவரை தலைமுறை அது வரை தொடர்ந்திடும் என் ஆசை உன்னோடுதான்" என்றும் வரிகள் அமைத்திருப்பது மிகவும் அழகு.

இந்த படத்தின் கதாநாயகன் ஒரு இசை அமைப்பாளன் என்பதால், அவள் அவனை நாடி வருவதை
"சந்தம் தேடி, சிந்து பாடி உந்தன் சன்னதிக்கு நான் வருவேன்" என்று வரிகளை அமைத்திருப்பது மிகவும் பொருத்தம்.

ஜெயச்சந்திரன், ஜானகி இவர்கள் இருவரும் இந்த பாடலை தெளிவான உச்சரிப்பில் அழகாக பாடி உள்ளனர்.

இந்த பாடலை ஒவ்வொரு முறை கேட்கும்போதும் மனதை இதமாக தென்றல் வருடுவதை போல தோன்றும்.
msvramki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi

Really wonderful analysis of a great song of Kaviarasar-MellisaiMannar with full lyrics ! Hats off to you !!

As I read the lyric, for a moment, I took off the tune from my mind and read the lyric alone. I tried to apply some tune or raga but nothing worked. The lines remained simple texts ! No 'meter' was sitting on the 'matter' ! How on earth anyone give such a melodious tune to such tough and lengthy lines ?

Music just channels through MellisaiMannar !!

Thanks once again for your bottom-of-the-heart analysis.

RAMKI

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent writing Meenakshi ! I think the song was set to Bageshree . SRS to confirm pls. The swara note to commence the song is typical MSVish . You are on dot on the clarity of singing. I always admire Jayachandran for a rain water like pronunciation. So pure . Mridangam thunders too. Is it chaturtasya nadai ? Ram to give a brief on the thalam pls. The un-metered lyrics but still the tune fabulously set . One of MSV’s very best of the 80s . I think this was the last movie of Bagyaraj with MSV .
That junior Haja Sherif character was an idea spur from MSV’s orchestra group management !
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR BALAJI,

I THINK START OF THE SONG LOOKS A CHARACTERISTIC MSV DWAJAWANTHI. THE OPENING PALLAVI LINE NEARLY SIMILAR TO "AMUTHA THAMIZHIL EZHUDHUM KAVITHAI PUDUMAIPULAVAN NEE".THEN OFCOURSE ,YOU CANNOT BIND THE MAN TO THE SCALE AS HE DELINEATES IN LOT OF PLACES,AND YES, THERE IS TYPICAL BAGESHRI FLAVOURS TOO. WONDERFUL COMPOSITION.

BY THE WAY, LISTEN TO "NERAM POURNAMY NERAM" ,ENJOY THE MAGIC OF THE MASTER. BROADLY,IT LOOKS TO BE IN HAMSANANDI BUT LOT PURYADANASHRI LIKE APPLICATIONS.SOMETIMES I ALSO GET THE FEEL OF SUNATHAVINODINI(SAMPATH SIR, GOOD NUMBER TO ANALYSE).BUT WHAT A MARVEL OF A SONG!AND SPB'S RENDERING; NO WORDS.

BY FOR NOW.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear SRS,

Now I recollect ...Andharangam naan ariven ( ganga gowri ) , another gem which also shades of this raga !

Neram pournami neram is a real beauty from Oorukku Uzaippavan no !

Where is our Sampath & NVS ! Both are long absentees Embarassed
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi,

Your descriptions from lyrical perspective is really fabulous... Pls keep up these writings for the benefit of all of us here!!

And dear SRS,

Yes....It is a mystery how our man handles ragas like 'Dwijavanthi' with absolute ease... "Amutha Thamizhin" from "Madhurai Meetta Sundara Pandiyan" is an amazing number on this raag...

And this number too... Reliance mobile phones have this Ring tones... Not sure how/why/who chose this tone as Reliance's one of the standard tones... Whoever hats-off!!! When I hear someone having this tone, I have always felt very happy!! Very Happy
A.SURI

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaji sir,

Neram powrnami neram is from Meenava nanban. What happened to u?

suri
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Should we not revisit and rejoice over the discovery!!
We never know what Kannadasan spoke during the composition: "தென்றலது உன்னிடத்தில் சொல்லிவைத்த சேதி என்னவோ..??" we have to ask our master? There is some message in the lines: சந்தம் தேடி சிந்து பாடி உந்தன் சன்னதிக்கு நான் வருவேன், and எதுவரை தலைமுறை அதுவரை தொடர்ந்திடும் என்னாசை உன்னோடுதான்...
The beauty in the lyrics, melody, the voices of Janaki and Jeyachandran, and to top it all the accompanying instruments..it is sheer joy! To know that this was Kannadasan's last, makes one sad on one side, but heartening to know it was with our master. The songs, both the Kannadasan's, have been lingering in my mind over the past week. No words to describe such beauty!
Sai Saravanan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:50 am    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sai Saravanan,
Don't you feel that KD was prophetic in his utterance through this lyric where he has indicated the end of his earthly tenure even as he declares that he would visit the altar of MSV in search of "sandham" to sing his hymn [Sindhu paadudhal]? Certainly there is more to it than what meets the eye. There is the whiff of unending bond between KD-MSV -the indomitable pair. Pardon me if I am wrong.
Warm regards K. Raman Madurai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: