"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Malligai Mullai Pooppandhal- Anbay Aaruyirae

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Malligai Mullai Pooppandhal- Anbay Aaruyirae Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
I choose to look at the song from Anbay Aaruyirae,
'Malligai Mullai Pooppandhal' for a variety of reasons. Chief among them is, it narrates a Wedding situation as rendered by the bride herself. It is quite uncommon that the bride sings of the sequences of a wedding as is organized on that day. I believe it is Kaviarasu Kannadasan's piece. If I am wrong I may please be corrected. It has a long Pallavi and fairly long Charanams. A very detailed analysis of the song can be later added. Now to the song.

Malligai Mullai Pooppandhal Maragadha Maanikka Ponnoonjal
Manjal Vaazhai Maamarangal Pachchai Maaaavilai Thoranangal
Yellam Edharkaaga Namakku Kalyaanam Adharkaaga.
Interlude
Malligai .......................................................
2nd Interlude
Manjal neerinil kaalaiyil Kuliththu Thendral
Neendhidum Poonguzhal Mudiththu [Repeats]
Pattuchaelaiyum Mettium Anindhu
Pakkom Thozhiar Thunai vara Nadandhu
3rd Interlude

Mandhiram sollum Maedaiyilae
Mangala Vaadhiyam Muzhanga yilae
Azhagzn Undhan Aruginilae
Amarndhiruppal Indha Mana magalae
[Repeats]
Yellam Edharkaaga Namakku Kalyaanam Adharkaaga
Pallavi repeats
Andhi maalaiyil Santhi Muhoorththam
Nalla Poovinil Aanandhak kolam
[Repeats]
Achcham Naanaththil Naan varum Naeram
Andha Naadagam Aaramba maagum
[Repeats]
Palliyin Vaasal Kadhavadaiththu
Panjanai Paingili Kai Anaiththu
Velli mulaikkum vaelai varai
Solli mudippom Kaadhal kadhai
[Repeats]
Yellam edharkaaga Namakku Kalyaanam Adharkaaga
'' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' '' Adhar kaaaaaa ga.
The song jumps from Wedding enclave to the evening schedule without reference to the 'Mangala naaN'
But, Mellisai mannar has made it look absolutely acceptable by the sheer brilliance of Orchestration. I intend discussing that part as a separate thread soon.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Navi Mumbai
s.r.sankaranarayanan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PROF RAMAN,

THE SONG IS AGAIN A GEM FROM MSV-VANI COMBO.THE COMPOSITIONAL DEPTH AND RENDERING OF THE SONG FOR THE SITUATION WHERE THE FEMININE MIND SIMPLY ,GRACEFULLY CONVEYS THE STATE OF FULFILLING ,ROMANTIC,POSSESSIVE MOOD ARE BEYOND DESCRIPTION( CONTRAST THIS WITH KATTIPIDI,KATTIPIDIDA TYPE BRUTALITIES.

AND THE TUNE AND MAGIC OF MANNAR ,WOW! WHAT A CLARITY IN RHYTHM,HEIGHTS OF CREATIVE BRILLIANCE. VJ CONSIDERS THIS AS ONE OF HER ALL TIME FAVOURITE RENDERINGS.

THANK YOU FOR UNEARTHING THIS SONG.

S.R.SANKARANARAYANAN
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: GREAT FIND!!! Reply with quote

Dear Prof. Raman & SRS,

The most lethal combo of MSV-VJ has no boundaries, no limits, no rules, no regulations and all kinds of "nos" one could imagine. It's an uncontrolled, overflowing classy musical stuff all the way when they come together and what is born out of that moment ought to make history. Hmmmmmmm.... Scintillated just by the thought of it. Prof. Raman, last night Venkat & I were listening to this song and today you have opened a thread. This mental telepathy of MSV fans..................... Great to vibe through waves sitting poles apart and this could happen only with our Legend's music. What a song. In the 2nd charanam, manjal neerinil kaalaiyil kulithu.... the rhythm our Melody King uses in the place of Pakkam Thozhiyar thunai vara nadanthu..... Oh what a beauty of a thala nadai that will speak volumes for another millennium!!! MSV steals our hearts. Bala remember, I played this song outside Shruthilaya last week during the christian devotional recording??? As a matter of fact it is also astonishing as I had just come back home from work (1145PM) listening to this song throughout my drive from office to my home. Great pick Prof. Raman.

Venkat & I had spent the evening with the Legend after hearing that he was unwell. As we arrived at his apartment, he was taking his evening walk in the car park and there was his unique vaanga welcome. As we were going up in the lift, I casually mentioned to him, Naan innikku ungalukku oru hindi paatu paada poren... to which he replied please paadungo. After we settled down, he immediately asked me to sing!!!! Shocked I was feeling a bit shy but managed to muster some courage to render that song.... Mujko Yaaro Maafu Karna Meiney Sheymey Hoon. He spontaneously appreciated and told Venkat - inthappa intha singer oda address vaangi vai. When I spoke to Mrs. MSV y'day she was a little concerned about his health, but after we went there and created a musical mood, I will tell you all that it is music that can keep him hale & healthy and nothing else in this world. At the end of the day, I was really the Blessed one for, I was asked to sing by the EMPERROR!!!

MSV MOMENTS, GREATEST MOMENTS OF MY LIFE!!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy,
Your reference to the 'Thala nadai" in Malligai mullai pooppandhal" by VJ for MSV makes me add more to it.
I have already said that after the manavarai scene , the lyric jumps but like THE famous Sarathy Karnan , MM controls his horses [orchestra] TO FILL THE GAP BY A VERY THOUGHTFUL ORCHESTRATION.As this charanam ends there is an admixture of feelings of rising happiness and ecstsy portrayed by the flute that slowly opens up but raises in pitch ably backed by Tabla both handing over the mood to Violins and bango in absolute transition [hallmark of MSV] elevating the sense of perception of the listener who is rendered oblivious of the jump in the lyric.
As the narration goes to the nuptial scenario, Kavignar has sustained decency in tempo, when the line PALLIYIN VAASAL KADHAVADAITHU is halfway through, MELLISAI MANNAR TAKES A SILENT VISWAROOPAM by a brilliant nuance of tabla beat that is GENTLE IN VOLUME , VIBRANTLY RAPID and DEXTEROUSLY PLAYED - a feat of the thought process impossible for the ordinary minds. What I mean is the TABLA BEAT CONVEYS THE JOYOUS EXPECTATION OF THE GIRL which is HAPPY and AFRAID of the encounter to be. The tabla man [HAUMANTHU or Prasad] has brought out THE INNER MILD PALPITATION [padapadappu]of the girl. None but the genius of MSV can score such items in the most telling but unobtrusive play of his skills. The same beats of tabla repeat for the rest of this charanam. So friends, listen to those beats to see what an MD can do infuse moods. Hats off to this music giant.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Proffessorji,

Excellent analysis about the song
'மல்லிகை முல்லை பூப்பந்தல்'..

மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையில் வாணியம்மா பாடிய மிக அருமையான பாடல் பட்டியலில் இந்தப்பாடலுக்கு ஒரு சிறப்பிடம் உண்டு. மிக அருமையாக அலசியிருக்கிறீர்கள். குறிப்பாக மணமகள் கழுத்தில் மங்கல நாண் ஏறும் நிகழ்வை கவிஞர் (வாலி...?) வார்த்தைகளால் குறிப்பிடாமல் விட்டதை, மெல்லிசை மன்னர் தன் இசையால் நிரப்பி, அந்த சூழ்நிலையை நம் மனக்கண்ணில் தோன்றச்செய்வதை நீங்கள் சுட்டிக்காட்டிய விதம் அருமை. மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் ரசிகர்கள் என்ன சாமானியப்பட்டவர்களா?.

வாணியம்மா மீது எனக்கு எப்போதும் ஒரு கோபம் உண்டு. அவர் பங்கு பெறும் தொலைக்காட்சி இண்டர்வியூக்களின்போது, இது போன்ற அற்புதமான பாடல்களை (ஒரு சில வரியேனும்) பாடிக்காட்ட மாட்டார்.

திருப்பித்திருப்பி.... .திருப்பித்திருப்பி,.... திருப்பித்திருப்பி,.... திருப்பித்திருப்பி,.... திருப்பித்திருப்பி அந்த 'மல்லிகை என் மன்னன் மயங்கும்' பாடலையே பாடுவார். அந்தப்பாடல் மோசம் என்று நான் சொல்லவில்லை. இருந்தாலும் அந்தப்பாடலை அவர் சில வரிகள் பாடும்போது, 'ஆமா இவங்களுக்கு இந்த ஒரு பாடலை விட்டால் வேறு தெரியாது' என்று சலிப்போடு பலர் சொல்வதை நானே கேட்டிருக்கிறேன். அவை, அந்தப்பாடல் பிடிக்காமல் வந்த வார்த்தைகள் அல்ல. வேறு பாடுவார் என்று எதிர்பார்த்து ஏமாற்றம் ஏற்பட்டதால் வந்தவை.

இனியாவது அவர் 'மல்லிகை முல்லை பூப்பந்தல்', 'பொங்கும் கடலோசை', 'குங்குமக்கோலங்கள்' போன்ற பாடல்களை பாடி ரசிகர்களின் ஏமாற்றத்தைப் போக்க வேண்டும்.

(கேட்கும்போது இவ்வளவு அற்புதமாக இருக்கும் இப்பாடல், 'அன்பே ஆருயிரே' படத்தில் படமாக்கப்பட்ட விதம் ஏமாற்றத்தை அளித்தது. மஞ்சுளா நன்றாகச் செய்திருப்பார். ஆனால் சிவாஜியும் திருலோக்சந்தரும் ஏமாற்றி விட்டார்கள்).

Dear Vaidy & Venkat, no doubt, both of you are most blessed souls.
A.SURI

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malligai mullai poo panthal-was written by Valee. Infact all the songs in Anbe aruyere were written by Valee. Intha pattu mettukku paata? ot pattukku metta? such a wonderful composition by MSV. As rightly pointed out by Ms.Sharada, the film was atrocious.

A.SURI
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: