"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyrics - Ullathil nalla ullam urangathenbadhu - Karnan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Lyrics - Ullathil nalla ullam urangathenbadhu - Karnan Reply with quote

உள்ளத்தில் நல்ல உள்ளம் உறங்காதென்பது
வல்லவன் வகுத்ததடா கர்ணா, வருவதை எதிர்கொள்ளடா
வருவதை எதிர்கொள்ளடா

தாய்க்கு நீ மகன் இல்லை, தம்பிக்கு அண்ணன் இல்லை
ஊர் பழி ஏற்றாயடா, நானும் உன்பழி கொண்டேனடா
நானும் உன்பழி கொண்டேனடா

(உள்ளத்தில்)

மன்னவர் பணிந்தேர்க்கும் கண்ணனும் பணி செய்ய
உன்னடி பணிவானடா கர்ணா, மன்னித்து அருள்வாயடா
கர்ணா மன்னித்து அருள்வாயடா

செஞ்சோற்று கடன் தீர்க்க சேராத இடம் சேர்ந்து
வஞ்சத்தில் வீழ்ந்தாயடா கர்ணா, வஞ்சகன் கண்ணனடா
கர்ணா, வஞ்சகன் கண்ணனடா
(உள்ளத்தில்)

பந்துலு அவர்கள் இயக்கிய கர்ணன் என்ற காவியத்தில் வரும் இந்த பாடலுக்கு கண்ணதாசன் அவர்கள் தன் கவிதை வரிகளால் உயிர் கொடுத்துள்ளார். இதைப் பாடிய சீர்காழி கோவிந்தராஜன் அவர்களின் வெண்கலக்குரல், கணீரென்று ஒலிக்கும் கோவில் மணி ஓசையை போல் நம் மனதில் இறங்கும்.

இந்த அருமையான பாடலை விஸ்வநாதன் ராமமூர்த்தி இவர்கள் இருவரும் 'சக்கரவாகம்' என்ற ராகத்தில் இசை அமைத்துள்ளார்கள் . இந்த ராகம் காலையில் பாடுவதற்கு ஏற்ற ஒன்று. மனதில் துக்க உணர்வை ஏற்படுத்தும் தன்மையும் இந்த ராகத்திற்கு உண்டு. இது இந்த ராகத்தின் இன்னொரு சிறப்பு. விஸ்வநாதன் ராமமூர்த்தி இவர்கள் இருவரும் இந்த பாடலுக்கு இந்த ராகத்தை தேர்வு செய்தது மிகவும் அற்புதம். ஷெனாய் மற்றும் வயலின் இந்த இரண்டும் சேர்ந்து நம் மனதை உருக வைக்கும்.

மகாபாரதத்தில் வரும் கர்ணனை பற்றி ஒரு சிறிய பாடலில் இதைவிட அழகாக வேறு யாராலும் எழுத முடியாது என்பது மறுக்க முடியாத உண்மை. கல்வி அறிவு இல்லாதவர்கள், மற்றும் இதிகாசங்களை பற்றி தெரியாதவர்கள் கூட இந்த ஒரு பாடல் மூலம் 'கர்ணன்' வாழ்கையை அறிந்து கண்ணீர் சிந்துவர்.

'தாய்க்கு நீ மகன் இல்லை, தம்பிக்கு அண்ணன் இல்லை, ஊர் பழி ஏற்றாயடா, நானும் உன்பழி கொண்டேனடா'

பகவான் கிருஷ்ணர் தானும் கர்ணனை பற்றி அவதூறுகள் சொன்னதை ஒப்புக்கொள்ளும் வரிகள்.

'மன்னவர் பணி ஏற்கும் கண்ணனும் பணி செய்ய உன்னடி பணிவானடா கர்ணா, மன்னித்து அருள்வாயடா'

எல்லோரும் கைதொழும் தெய்வமான கண்ணபிரான், தர்மம் ஜெயிப்பதர்க்காக கர்ணனுக்கு செய்த அநியாயங்களுக்கு, கர்ணனிடம் மன்னிப்பு கேட்பதாக அமைந்த இந்த வரிகள் நம்மை கண்ணீர் சிந்த வைக்கும். கடவுளே மன்னிப்பு கேட்கிறார் என்றால் கர்ணனின் குணம் எத்தனை போற்றுவதற்கு உரியதாகும்.

'செஞ்சோற்று கடன் தீர்க்க சேராத இடம் சேர்ந்து
வஞ்சத்தில் வீழ்ந்தாயடா கர்ணா, வஞ்சகன் கண்ணனடா
கர்ணா, வஞ்சகன் கண்ணனடா'

ஒவ்வொருவர் மனதில் இருந்து அவர்களின் பாவ புண்ணியங்களுக்கு ஏற்ப அவர்களை ஆட்டுவிப்பவர்தான் கடவுள் என்கின்ற ஒரு சக்தி. அதனால்தான் கண்ணதாசன் அவர்கள் 'வஞ்சகன் கண்ணனடா' என்று எழுதி உள்ளார்.

கர்ணன் என்று மனதில் நினைத்தவுடன் நம் எல்லோரின் எண்ணத்திலும் தோன்றும் ஒரே முகம் நிச்சயமாக சிவாஜி அவர்களின் முகம்தான். அவர் இந்த படத்தில் கர்ணனாகவே வாழ்ந்தார். இந்த திரைப்படத்தில் நடித்த அனைவரும் அவரவர் கதா பத்திரத்தில் வாழ்ந்தார்கள் என்று சொல்வதுதான் உண்மையான கருத்தாக இருக்கும்.
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi madam,

Aayirathil oru paadal, adharketra vivarippu!

Each and every time I listen to this song, the song does not fail to evoke melancholy in me. Your interpretation of "vanjagan kannan ada" is something new to me but makes a lot of sense. As you have said Kaviarasar had given a synopsis of Karnan's life in those few lines. One also appreciates the powerful clutches of fate from which we humans can never escape. After deviously stripping Karnan off 'Dharmam's protection, Lord Krishna reveals his true self and blesses Karnan with his Vishwaroopa dharisanam. This, in my humble opinion, confirms my belief that despite our karmas of our previous birth and suffering in this birth, God is always willing to forgive and grant absolution to those who believe in Him and have done what they thought were right ( to our extremely feeble judgemental ability ). All these thoughts go through my mind just listening to this song that lasts merely few minutes. Mellisai Maamannargal have aptly chosen Sirkazhi Govindarajan for this almost celestial song. "Vengala kural", you are absolutely correct.

Just like Mahabaratham, Mellisai Maamannar(gal)'s songs will live forever.

I am off to listen to this song this very minute.

Thank you,
With sincere regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

கர்ணனுக்கு பகவான் விஸ்வரூப தரிசனம் கொடுத்ததை எழுத நினைத்து மறந்த விட்ட எனக்கு, நீங்கள் அதை உங்கள் கருத்தில் எழுதி இருப்பதை கண்டதும் மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சி. மிக்க நன்றி டாக்டர்.
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi madam,
This is one of those most memorable songs of everyone's life including Dr.Seergazhi's !!!

Seems after this song was recorded , Dr.Seergazhi could not stop himself from breaking down and was all praise for our Mellisai Mannar. He even wondered if he would ever get to sing such a song again in his life time,which was true !!! Surprised)

We have had the privilege of listening to this along with our Master himself @ his home several times !!! Smile

The speciality of this song ,IMHO ,lies in the prelude and the postlude which is being embellished with an amazing usage of two great instruments, shehanai and sarangi respectively. The sarangi in the postlude is one such amazing piece and is the right instrument to convey the meloncholy that is inherent in the raag "Ahir Bhairavi" !!! The joy is doubled when you get to watch the video along with the Nadigar Thilagam's expression !! No words to match !!

Your delineation of this song is as emotive as the song itself !!

ALL YOUR ARTICLES TO THE WEBSITE ARE REALLY A BIG ASSET !!! WHENEVER I WANT TO TAKE A BREAK FROM MY HECTIC WORK , I READ YOUR WRITINGS AND OFCOURSE, SIMULTANEOUSLY LISTEN TO THE SONG !!!

Thanks a lot your great contribution and kindly continue enthralling all of us out here !!

MSV RULES !!!
VENKAT
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much Venkat. Its my pleasure to write about our mellisai mannar's songs on this website and to share the joy with all of you. I should thank each and every one of you for giving me the courage to write here. Thank you!!!!!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: A WRITER STANDS TALL!!! Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi,

Great write-up by you. Venky & I have a lot of similarity when it comes to sharing views on our Legend. Ullathil Nalla Ullam..... What great times we have had with MM. The pleasure of listening to it along with the very CREATOR is unique and undescribable in words..... Ithai anubhavithal than puriyum illa Venky? MSV is nothing short of Karnan when it came to scoring for Karnan!

CHEERS
MUSICAL KARNAN MSV!!!
VAIDY
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great analysis once again Ms.Meenakshi.
Not only this. Ella paadalgalukum ungal ezhuthu migavum arumai.

Well said Mr.Vaidy.
India Isai Thuraikku Isaiai Vari Vazhangiya Vallal.

MSV endral Maaperum Sangeetha Vallal enavum kollalam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: