"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shruthi Kamalhasan and her 'Guru' MSV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Shruthi Kamalhasan and her 'Guru' MSV Reply with quote

I happenned to watch a recent interview of Shruthi daughter of Kamal Hasan in Kalaingar TV.... The portion of the interview I liked the most..

Interviewer: உங்களுக்குப் பிடித்த இசை அமைப்பாளர் யார்?

Shruthi:
MSV! சின்ன வயசுல அவர் பாட்டுன்னு தெரியாமலே அவர் இசையைக் கேட்டு வளர்ந்தேன்... ம்யூசிக் ஸ்கூல் போய்ட்டு வரும் போது அப்பா (கமல்) கிட்ட கேப்பேன், "இந்த பாட்டு யார் எழுதினாங்க? யார் இசை? இவ்வளவு பிரமாதமா இருக்கு. Chord changes அழகா இருக்கு, Progression, Voice எல்லாமே பிரமாதமா இருக்கு... அப்பா தான் எம்.எஸ்.வி இசை என்று சொன்னார். அவரைச் சந்திக்கவும் எனக்கு வாய்ப்பு கிடைத்தது.

I've really been inspired by his compositions!!!

News in June 2007 (Thanks to SriramP for bringing this News to MSVTimes

Maestro's blessings for Shruti

Last week as a part of Shruti's musical research, Kamal took her on a great learning experience to meet the 'Guru' himself MSV, one of India's greatest music directors. M.S Viswanathan ruled the airwaves for several decades and still has a large and ardent fan following worldwide. MSV ruled Tamil film music during the golden era (50's to late 70's) along with Kannadasan, T R Ramamurthy and K V Mahadevan.

MSV recovering from a cardiac surgery was convalescing at home in his sea-side apartment in Tiruvanmayur in Chennai. MSV was very pleased to see Kamal who came to inquire about his health, accompanied by Sruthi. MSV who vibes well with Kamal, had a great time chatting with the father and daughter. The maestro also gave Shruti some valuable tips, which we are sure she will incorporate into her vast repertory of musical notes.

Well Shruthi, welcome to MSVClub !!! Very Happy
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:33 am    Post subject: Nice Interview Reply with quote

Dear Ram
I was just about to post this video and you have done it already !!! The resonance in us still goes on stronger and stronger !! Smile

Enjoy this video in youtube. She talks about our master between 4:22 and 4:56 minute in the video. The link is given below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJPWRqAfO-I

A warm Welcome to Shruthi Hasan !!

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: WHY WON'T SHRUTHI BE??? Reply with quote

Dear All,

It was really unfortunate that I was not able to see this on TV. MSV did call me on Pongal day and after wishing me he asked me whether I happened to see this programme but I told him I missed it. Why won't Shruthi be a fan of MSV when Our Legend has the God's gift of those "Magical Fingers" that could play havoc on any instrument and especially the Melody Generator - Harmonium that has been casting a magical spell on us for so many years. Let's welcome not only Shruthi but her dad, the multi talented Kamal Hasan who still eludes this forum. Mr. Kamal over to you on MSV please!!!!

By the way, the song that impressed Shruthi the most was Azhagiya Tamizh Magal Ival and according to Shruthi this was MSV's greatest tune. Kudos to Shruthi!!!

Cheers
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: How to Register?- Shruti on MSV Reply with quote

Dear Mr Vaidy and friends,
Seeing the postings on Ms. Shruti's reference to MSV, quite a few facts reveal themselves for our critical observation. With the family background of Ms Shruti, it is quite likely that the girl would have listened to all types of music including those of west ,that too the latest ones, since we all know very well that Mr.Kamal always gets updated for contemporary themes, technology and music patterns as well. Naturally a glorious opportunity to compare various genre of compositions and composers must have come the way of Ms.Shruti. IT IS HERE THAT ONE'S ABILITY TO DISCERN TAKES COMMAND OF RESPONDING TO QUALITY PIECES IN ANY FORM OF ART.
I am driven to realize that , by sheer comparison of all works on music spanning over a 40 year span [2005 to1965 backwards] the candidate could have readily picked up the distinct nuance-rich quality works of the legend -Shri.M.S.Viswanathan. How else was she desirous of meeting the legend except through the powerful spell of MM's music ?

To me the inference is obvious, especially in the light of some of our younger friends who contribute to our site by their uncontaminated appreciation of / for MSV. What I mean is, so long as one keeps an open mind to any piece of art, the person spontaneously falls in love with any creator whose products are richly consistent and refreshingly original, all the time.

The question if any, on generation gap fails to hold water in the sense that, age is far less a determinant as compared to exposure for quality. If not for exposure, I do not believe that the younger lovers of MM's music would have lent themselves to his quality on their own volition.

That serves a signal to all elders. Kindly grow your children in an atmosphere that enables to perceive the distinction between quality and stupidity. They would slowly come to their own senses, since human mind serves itself better as it runs in search of tranqulity. Lest, over the years all forms of quality works should have been relegated to the oblivion. That it has failed to happen and the longing to restore the good old glorious days of TFM is spreading far and wide strongly suggests that natural death does not embrace quality songs and time rather makes them both immortal and inspiringly young.

These are my responses to the information from Ms. Shruti's observations on MSV's compositions. Thank you all for the nice opportunity.

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram

It is so nice of you to publish the interview of Shruthi Hassan who acknowledges that Mellisai Mannar is her most favourite music director.
Very interesting and I am extremely happy to read and know about it.
I join you in inviting Shruti Hassan to join our forum to write about her
interest in MSV's music.

Dear Venkat.

Yes.. As you have said, I have observed many a times the imatching wavelenth you and Ram have on any subject and about MSV in particular.

Dear Prof.,

Kindly grow your children in an atmosphere that enables to perceive the distinction between quality and stupidity

All MSV rasikas, especially msvtimes.com friends should take a vow at this point that we will make our wards have open mind to listen to the treasures of the Greatest Creator to be able to differentiate quality from stupidity. Well said professor !

RAMKI
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: WHY WON'T SHRUTHI BE??? Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
Let's welcome not only Shruthi but her dad, the multi talented Kamal Hasan who still eludes this forum. Mr. Kamal over to you on MSV please!!!!

Kamal Hassan on MSV

"MSV revived Film Music!" - Kamal Hassan

"Universal Hero" Kamal Hassan has a high regard for MSV's musical talents. "Right from my childhood, MSV's melody has filled my ears and breath; Unlike Bharathiyar and Bharathidasan, three people whom I like, have got their due credits for their talents during their life-time itself. They are "Nadigar Thilagam" Sivaji Ganesan, "Mellisai Mannar" MSV and "Isai Gnani" Illayaraja; MSV revived film music through new trends in melody and tune. Its mystry that MSV still lives as a child at heart. He is a great legend in music!"

Reference # 1: http://www.msvtimes.com/articles/artistesspeak1.html
Reference # 2: Book.."University of Music MSV"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: