"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Event :: MSV-TKR - Emperors re-crowned - The Hindu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:15 am    Post subject: Event :: MSV-TKR - Emperors re-crowned - The Hindu Reply with quote

Emperors re-crowned

The Hindu
Friday, Jul 01, 2005

Recently the Mellisai Mannars were honoured for their immense contribution to light music.

MUTURAL ADMIRATION: MSV and Ilaiyaraja.

So what if the Centre is still to recognise the immense talent of the all time Composing Greats of the South? The evening at Kamarajar Arangam amply made up for the lapse. It was a bonanza for aficionados of light music, when M. S. Viswanathan and T. K. Ramamurthy, the unassailable legends of cinema, were felicitated in the most memorable manner. And doing the honours were Crazy Beat Entertainment's J. Prabhakar and Ganesh Kripa's music troupe.

From the heart

Poet and lyricist Vaali was voluble in his tribute to MSV as always. He was the one who had given the then struggling Vaali his much needed break. "I've said it several times and I say it again, before MSV came into my life I had no food to eat and after that I've had no time to eat," said Vaali. His address was a treat. T. M. Soundararajan refused to sit and speak. "At 82, I'm the youngest here. I can stand," he quipped. His plaudits touched a thanksgiving plane when he gratefully acknowledged the opportunities the pair had awarded him.

The generally sober and sedate Ilaiyaraja sounded highly-strung as he recalled the days in his village, when he grew up with the music of MSV and Ramamurthy. " We can be as proud of these masters of music as we are of Thiruvalluvar, Kambar and Bharati. Be it A. R. Rahman or me, the glory we have earned is all because of the benevolence of MSV and TKR. My words are from the heart and I have no hesitation in voicing them," he said. A. R. Rahman agreed with the maestro in toto. "MSV and Ramamurthy laid the road for us. So did Ilaiyaraja. And we traverse on it. I was very nervous when I tuned the lyrics of MSV's number, `Thottal Poo Malarum ... ' again. It was a wonderful surprise when he hugged me and complimented me ," he said.

The imposing array of celebrities that included PBS and S. P. Muthuraman, and the packed hall, bore testimony to the aural bliss the duo had offered for a decade and more, and also the goodwill that they had earned from within the fraternity and without.

MALATHI RANGARAJAN

Source: http://www.hinduonnet.com/fr/2005/07/01/stories/2005070103050100.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: