"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Link for-Ninnaye Rathi Enru Nenaikkirenadi--Bharathiyar song

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:58 pm    Post subject: Link for-Ninnaye Rathi Enru Nenaikkirenadi--Bharathiyar song Reply with quote

Does any one have link to the song, Unnaiye Rathi Enru Nenaikkirenadi, sung my Yesudas, Music by MSV. This movie came out in '90s.

Great song, don't remember the movie. The lines "Varanbugal enmidhu vari vari veesave..... Kannamma, Kannamma" . This keeps ringing in my ears(mind) since morning.

MSV has made a haunting melody as usual for the great peot's lyrics.

Sriram K, you seem to be having big collection. Can you please check if you have this song in mp3.

Last edited by sriramp on Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram,

Luckily, I have this beautiful song... Could you please sed me the email id so that I can mail it to you ?

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sriram Kannan wrote:
Dear Sriram,

Luckily, I have this beautiful song... Could you please sed me the email id so that I can mail it to you ?

Thanks for your quick response. I was just about logout, luuckily saw your reply. I have updated my profile to show the email address.

Thanks,
Sriram
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankyou very much for the song Sriram. What a great song, I heard many MDs tune the same lyrics in their private albums. No one can come close to Mellisai Mannar's tune for this song. The dance background music is awesome. Most important thing about the song is it was from '90s.

Thanks again.
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram,

Most Welcome!!! If you prefer Bharathiyar songs more, I would suggest you to hear "Chinna Chiru Kiliye" from "Neethiku Thandanai".. Thats more wonderful composition.

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
sriramp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song very special in the sense that
1. The tune is compiled to pre written lyrics.

2. Rehman is a very good dancer(in the song and in real life) and the classical dance interludes gives him excellent chance to expose his talents.

3. Right after "Maran ambugal en meedu vari vari veesane" there is a keyboard bit that imagines sending ambugal(arrows), this is what is MSV's special. Also the way MSV emphasizes this part of the lyric and then immediately the pleading tone that sings "kann parayo....". Wow! What a master piece even after 40 years(50-90) of composing songs (This movie was out in late eighties or early nineties).

This can be done only if MSV imagines himself as the hero and involves himself in the story line. It is not just this song, in many other songs we can see how MSV really sets the tune in trans thus giving everyone an opportunity enjoy the song fully.

In brief, that is what is MSV's creativity and originality.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Pick a Song and Analyze! Reply with quote

Dear Sriramp,
While enjoying your admiration of MSV, let me put my interpretation. MSV never imagines of self being a hero. His experience in the concept of music is so deep and divine that he can go unfathomably deep and bring off a fantastic effect by sheer play of "NEDILS"/ KURILS". He can generate a whole ambit of musical bonanza for any situation including the purse of the producer. His mastery is -he can compress a "Nedll" OR Expaaaand a "Kuril" in a magical way to render immaculate harmony. His innate skill is the ability to fix a plan at the very sight of a few lines. Remember what ML Vasanthakumari said "MSV can prescribe 'SWARAS' for even opening or closing of a door. He is one MD who can set the tone for a movie right from the I title card and musically narrate what the movie is all about. Any defiance of grammar by MSV is delightfully extravagant -not with in the reach any ordinary human being. Tell me any other MD who has immortalized so many voices of singers Male or female and look at his journey in music from 1 Violin 1 Tabla to a whole range instruments without a slight disharmony in all his songs. That is why HE LIVES when others survive.That is MSV!
sriramp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Re: Pick a Song and Analyze! Reply with quote

madhuraman wrote:
Dear Sriramp,
While enjoying your admiration of MSV, let me put my interpretation. MSV never imagines of self being a hero. His experience in the concept of music is so deep and divine that he can go unfathomably deep and bring off a fantastic effect by sheer play of "NEDILS"/ KURILS". He can generate a whole ambit of musical bonanza for any situation including the purse of the producer. His mastery is -he can compress a "Nedll" OR Expaaaand a "Kuril" in a magical way to render immaculate harmony. His innate skill is the ability to fix a plan at the very sight of a few lines. Remember what ML Vasanthakumari said "MSV can prescribe 'SWARAS' for even opening or closing of a door. He is one MD who can set the tone for a movie right from the I title card and musically narrate what the movie is all about. Any defiance of grammar by MSV is delightfully extravagant -not with in the reach any ordinary human being. Tell me any other MD who has immortalized so many voices of singers Male or female and look at his journey in music from 1 Violin 1 Tabla to a whole range instruments without a slight disharmony in all his songs. That is why HE LIVES when others survive.That is MSV!

I completely agree with our analysis on MSV's music.

However, my original comments about MSV imagining himself as the hero were limited to the context of my post pertaining to the dance sequence and the situation. (I heard MSV is a good dancer at his younger age and MSV even taught some moves to Chandra Babu in a song).

Every single word of your post is right on the spot on a broader perspective. I cannot agree with you more.
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very glad to hear about MLV's comment on MSV and that MSV is a good dancer.

A recollection of MSV and Barathiar:
Ninnaye rathiyendru...
Chinnanchiru kiliye...
Vellai kamalathile...
Theertha karayinile...
Nallathor veenai seithe...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: