"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ABOUT TWO MSV SONGS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
V.Mani Maran

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: ABOUT TWO MSV SONGS Reply with quote

1. Indru Vantha Intha Mayakkam - Singer Suseela
2. En Kaelvikeena Pathil - Singers Suseela & TMS

Intha Paadalgali Naan OruNaalikku OruMuraiyaavathu Kettuviduven.
Salippa Thatta villai. Intha Paadalgalai Suseela, TMS Paadiyavithamum MSV avargalalin Isai Innamum ennai MunuMunkka Vaikirathu.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Mani Maran...

Please go through the various threads of discussions about our MSV sir, and post your suggestions / discussions / experiences too...

You mentioned about two wonderful songs..

the first one (indru vandha inba mayakkam) is from 'kaasethaan kadavulada'. It is not MGR movie or Shivaji movie or KB movie. But just a comedy film by Gopu. But you see what a quality music our MSV gave for it..!!. Moreover this song is not even for heroine Lakshmi, but for the dancer actress Jaikumari.

But MSV will not see whose movie or whose song, but he will give quality music for all equally.

Regarding this song, instead of listening in cassette version, if you hear it in video version, there will be more additional bits in prelude and interludes.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Songs composed by MSV- About Two Songs Reply with quote

Dear friends
About Inru vandha andha mayakkam I have read some interesting postings. Mr Irene has suggested that the movie was neither of Top stars nor of KB. MY HONEST SUBMISSION to our friends is KB came on the scene much much later when MSV was the most soughtafter MD. Besides, Gopu's association with cine industry dates back to 1960s or so. Further Gopu is from CVSreedhar's troupe and for years was referred to as Chitraalaya Gopu and his original name is Sadagopan associated with CVS from their boyhood days in Chengalpattu. In fact, Gopu's sense for music is second to none. My desire is not enhance Gopu's stature but to endorse the simple observation that in terms of seniority MSV was ahead of all those whom we refer to Actors Directors or Producers, MSV has lent life to all their efforts and he makes the best embellishments as any mother would do to any number of her children.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mani Maran,

Indru Vantha Intha mayakam: One of my favourite MSV and PS combination. Ithu oru unusual Suseela song. Peculiar tune and music.
Kasedhan Kadavulada is the movie.
Another Suseela song is there. Aval enna ninaithal (Titles podumpodhu intha song varum)
Jumbu Lingame jadajada - very comical song with nice BGM.
In some places, re-recording will also be so good in this movie.

En Kelvikenna bathil (Uyarndha Manithan - All songs were GEMS):
This song has two versions. One with western BGM and the other with Tabla BGM.
Sivakumar puthusu. Avaruku western BGM-la song potta epdi act pannuvaro nu solli tabla BGM-la oru vaati record pannirukanga...
Itha MSV avargale (some years back) oru interview-la sonnadha gnabagam.

Movie-la tabla BGM song varum.
In those days radio-la with western BGM song dhan veppanga.

(Ithu mathiri pala padalgal two versions-la potrukar. Ithu mannaruku kai vantha kalai aache... Smile For eg: Sontham eppothum thodarkadhaidhan, Enge neeyo naanum angey unnodu)

Nowadays the song with western BGM, FM radio-vilum vekaradhillai, CDs-um kidaikarathillai.
I have only the song with Tabla BGM.
The song with western BGM kidaicha romba nallarukum...

Can anybody help me in getting this song...

Take care...
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: MSV's Double Version Songs. Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I entirely agree with your views on Shri Gopu. One of his masterpieces I readily remember is "Utharavindri Ulle Vaa", a hilarious comedy and all the songs of the movie were outstanding. Apart from the Title number which is a Jugalbandhi, the songs "Kadhal, Kadhal Enru Peysa Kannan Vandhano", "Maadhamo, Aavani, Mangayo Maangani" & "Unnai Thoduvathu Iniyadhu", are simply wonderful numbers. In "Kadhal, Kadhal...", apart from the beautiful Fluit bits, the rare usage of "Moresing" has given the song a special impact.

Mr Venkat, about the Double Version songs of the Master, one particular number which always readily come to my mind along with "Sondham Eppodhum..." is "Thedi Varum, Dheyva Sugam, Mannavanin Sannadhiyil", from the film "Nimirndhu Nil", a Ravichandran/Bharathi starrer (TMS-PS). An amazing composition with two totally different musical interludes. It is most unfortunate that it is hardly heard on Radios and never played on TV Channels.

Long Live MSV and his mesmerizing music,

Venu Soundar
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: MSV's Double Version Songs. Reply with quote

Venugopalan Soundararajan wrote:
Dear Professor,

I entirely agree with your views on Shri Gopu. One of his masterpieces I readily remember is "Utharavindri Ulle Vaa", a hilarious comedy.

[b]In the movie 'Uththaravindri uLLE Vaa' , story & dialogue written by Sreedhar and it was directed by N.C.Chakravarthy (not by Gopu). Gopu's first directed film was KaasEthaan KadavuLadaa. (in UUV, title will show as 'thunai vasanam: Gopu")
Venkat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Venu,

Double Version songs of the Master, one particular number which always readily come to my mind along with "Sondham Eppodhum..." is "Thedi Varum, Dheyva Sugam, Mannavanin Sannadhiyil", from the film "Nimirndhu Nil", a Ravichandran/Bharathi starrer (TMS-PS). An amazing composition with two totally different musical interludes. It is most unfortunate that it is hardly heard on Radios and never played on TV Channels.

Neenga sonnatha kettathum, enakum antha (Thdivarum Deiva sugam... )song(s) kekanumnu aasaia iruku...
I have seen that song in Doordarshan many years ago...

I think the following songs are also in this movie:
1. Oru marathil kudiyirukum paravai...
2. Othayadi paadhayile atha mava...
3. Pudhu veedu vantha neram ponnaana neram...
Then its really a musical movie...

Thanks for your reply...
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venkat

The songs you mentioned ('oru maraththil kudiyirukkum paravai iraNdu' & 'pudhu veedu vandha nEram') are from "Enga Papa" by MSV sir. It was also starred by Ravichandran & Bharathi.

There is one more unusual song in that movie, by TMS...

"naan pOttaal theriyum pOdu..
thamizh paattaal adippEn Odu"
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing out.
May be I was confused because of the same pair...

I think the song you mentioned "naan pottal theriyum..." will come with some stunt effect... naan ketruken...

Another double version song comes to my mind.
Ilamai Koluvirukum from Hello Mr.Jamindar. PS and PBS.
Both will be with different BGM and both will be very nice.
I mentioned this song under BONGO section.

In "Kadhal, Kadhal...", apart from the beautiful Fluit bits, the rare usage of "Moresing" has given the song a special impact.
you are absolutely right. Also MLSrikanth's humming, guitar and sitar will rule the song...
this is the speciality of our MM.
In the same movie, LRE's song is there. "Thenatrangaraiyinile... mohini pol vandhal naadha...". Excellent song with amazing bgm.

Another song from Dharmam Enge (Sivaji - TMS) -
Sudhanthira boomiyil palavagai janangal thottathil malarntha malargal...
Beautiful flute, guitar and rare usage of Moresing.
Moresing comes only along with TMS voice...

MSV rules...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Songs Composed by MSV-TKR and MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: