"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kannippen Songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:56 am    Post subject: Kannippen Songs Reply with quote

Dear MSV Fans,

I could not able to get the songs of Kannippen acted by Jaishankar and Vanishree in any of the sites searched through Google other than "Paurnami Nilavil Pani vizhum..." I am literally searching for other songs like "Adi YEndi Asattu Penne..." and other songs from this film. Even in Chennai and Bangalore I searched for this songs right from Platform to the Richie Street...Hmmm...I could not able to get those songs. Can any one help me in getting this film songs?

This song is very good to play in the Keyboard which I am doing now. But the interludes ...I could not able to get since I did not hear this song for a long time (may be 5 years).

Requesting MSV fans to post this song.

Loving,

RamasamySujatha
amkeew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr Ramasamy

You can download powrnami nilavil song here

http://music.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=201177

Muthukumaran
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot Amkeew,

It is one of the best of 'Young SPB' with S.Janaki.
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this song contains lot of music by veena in the interlude. 'Veenai' Gayatri once said in a TV programme that this is one of her favourite programmes.

P. Sankar.
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Amkeew,

Thanks for the quick response and info. Paurnami Nilavil song is available in SPB collections CDs. Unfortunately other songs from Kannippen is not traceable in Internet as well as from Shops including Raj Video Vision.

Can any one help where can I get these songs?

RamasamySujatha
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Ramaswamy,

I have the "Adi Yendi Asattu Penne" in my mp3 collection. I can mail it to you, if you like.

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
amkeew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sriram

Could pls email me Adi Yendi Asattu Penne ? Thanks.

Muthukumaran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kannippen Songs Reply with quote

[quote="ramasamysujatha"]Dear MSV Fans,

I could not able to get the songs of Kannippen acted by Jaishankar and Vanisree..."

Dear Mr. Newzeal Ramaswamy,
I do not remember if Jaisankar amd Vanisree were in Kannippen. But Pournami Nilavil had SIVAKUMAR AND Nirmala in the cast. Leaving aside This not-so-relevant point, several things of this song deserve reiteration. SPB could elevate his stature as a widely adaptive singer to other heros[Gemini apart].
Those suffering from contrived imagination that SJanaki became a singer after 1976 should listen to this number to SEE HOW MSV HAS MADE A MUCH SUPERIOR USE OF SJ in this number.
It is a racy song bubbling with enthusiasm all over and one more occasion when the lyricist and MD wage a war of supremacy. At places the lyric is more enlivened by the briliant variations of scale.
EXAMPLE: Thanneer alai than KUZHAL POL NELIYA,
THE TUNE LITERALLY PERFORMS ALLTHE ELEGANT UNDULATIONS that a lyricist would have conceived for the occasion. [ SPB]
PILLAI PARUVAM THAI MADIYIL
pESUM PARUVAM THAMIZH MADIYIL
kANNI PARUVAM EN VADIVIL
KAALaM muzhudhum un madiyil [richly expressed SJ]

Not that these are the lone locales for enjoyment. More honestly, every word in the song takes the song to a higher plane. Look at how MM has planned to raise the tempo while the singers elegantly float in sheer ecstasy. Obviously, the orchestration is absolutely brisk with not a fraction of let -up anywhere. This is one of those songs that possessed the listener on the very first hearing. Our friends can do their analyses to help us.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right Prof. Raman. Same way I am also right Smile. This film has 2 heros and 2 heroins.

SriramKannan: Please do not ask questions Smile Send me immediately the songs to my email id: ramcvns@yahoo.com

I am getting delighted day by day by seeing the discussions of other sections. I am enjoying literally the discussions.

Keep Going.

RamasamySujatha
ramasamysujatha

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sriram:

I am happy now! Hearing this song and posting this message. Today night I will have peaceful sleep by hearing this song!

Thanks for the quick response to my request Very Happy
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramasamysujatha wrote:
Sriram:

I am happy now! Hearing this song and posting this message. Today night I will have peaceful sleep by hearing this song!

Thanks for the quick response to my request Very Happy

Dear Ramaswamy,

I know the difficulty to hunt for songs by our EMPEROR!!! Happy to share such good and rare songs. Smile

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 7:33 pm    Post subject: Well Done Sriram Kannan !!! Reply with quote

Dear Sriram Kannan (SK)
I had been closely following all your postings. I feel extremely happy to see another person from our generation who has had a similar experience like me n Ram. We both used to sit @ the back bench in the college and talk about our Master's songs for hours together which was Greek n latin to our peers. You need a different mind set to listen n cherish our Master's songs.

I hereby request you to upload this song "Adi Yendi Asattu Penne" in www.yousendit.com or any other file sharing website and post the link here , so all of us can download and listen to this song. I have not listened to this number yet.

Please keep posting more n more on our Master's songs..

MSV Rules !!!
Venkat
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: