"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Comments, Suggestions, Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea! We can consolidate all the letters (or) postings here and let take them to MSV, periodically and have him see that rather than like a function. This will be easy for him as well.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 3:37 pm    Post subject: Photo Gallery - Awards Reply with quote

Hi Saradha,

The same is happening to me also, which means it is a common problem. Ram, please look in to this and have it set right. Also, please try to add some young age photos of the Legend. Thanks.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
srandy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 4:32 pm    Post subject: categorised songs lists Reply with quote

It is wonderful to see so many threads going on various aspects of the MM's creations... I wish I could find the time to participate more intensely...

I have a suggestion to the moderator(s)...

There are many lists that have been made such as "kannan" songs, "muththu" songs, "shenoy" songs, etc.. and there are many many more to come... Currently, the lists are exceedingly difficult to sift through - to search for the forum, search for the topic, search through posts etc... to identify if a song is already listed etc...

I suggest that a separate "forum" be created with individual topics such as "kannan", "muthtu", "shenoy" etc... where the songs that have been listed be listed... The post / edit right to this "forum" could rest exclusively with the moderator(s) and the list could be updated periodically with proabably the date / time, to make life a bit easy for the "members".... It could exist as a single post which could be edited whenever necessary... would it be feasible?

Cheers
&y
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

saradhaa_sn wrote:
Dear Moderators,,,

I need clarification from you, that all sections are opening well in MSVTimes, except one. that is the photo gallaery for awards.

That is.....

MSV Times -> Gallery -> Photos -> Awards.

except 'Award gallery, all other sections are functioning well.

But when I open award gallery it shows 'The page cannot be displayed'

Why like this..??

This problem is only for me or others also...??.

We are eager to watch the award gallery of our legend.

Will look into the Award Gallery section and correct it.

And a happy news is that we have got a good collection of 'young' MSV photos. Await for that soon!!!
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Re: categorised songs lists Reply with quote

srandy wrote:
It is wonderful to see so many threads going on various aspects of the MM's creations... I wish I could find the time to participate more intensely...

I have a suggestion to the moderator(s)...

There are many lists that have been made such as "kannan" songs, "muththu" songs, "shenoy" songs, etc.. and there are many many more to come... Currently, the lists are exceedingly difficult to sift through - to search for the forum, search for the topic, search through posts etc... to identify if a song is already listed etc...

I suggest that a separate "forum" be created with individual topics such as "kannan", "muthtu", "shenoy" etc... where the songs that have been listed be listed... The post / edit right to this "forum" could rest exclusively with the moderator(s) and the list could be updated periodically with proabably the date / time, to make life a bit easy for the "members".... It could exist as a single post which could be edited whenever necessary... would it be feasible?

Cheers
&y

Hey Andy,

Great suggestion. We can do that. But am not sure, if we will be able to link the song name to the post. But just an exhaustive list of songs discussed, should be feasible. Will do that soon!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ram & other Administrators

Its more than a month since the website is launched but I am not seeing anything on how MSV composed his songs, how the orchestration was made , how a song was created & what about his association with other great artists.

Instead, I am seeing you all meeting him regularly but NOTHING CONCRETE comes out of the meeting , be it formal or informal .

Look. He is already getting aged and his memory powers will have to be sharpened or atleast some of his erstwhile assistants will have to be invited so that we can have a fair idea on how some great movies like Karnan, 1000l oruvan etc were composed.

ELSE, WE ALL WILL BE LOSERS ONLY.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing concrete development in that aspect.

What I am seeing is I MET MSV TODAY. ... I SPENT TIME WITH MSV TODAY... etc etc

WHICH IS NOT WE FANS LOOK FOR IN THIS FORUMN.

For example : Vaidy mentioned last week that he was present when Valee and Ilayaraja met MSV AND HE SAID THAT SO MANY INTERESTING THINGS WERE DISCUSSED ABOUT THEIR PAST LIFE.

WHAT WERE THOSE DISCUSSED ?? We will be more thrilled to know the topics spoke about. Unless MSV doesnt entertain posting of such meetings.

Pl take this post as constructive and do something more constructive .
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaji

Nice suggestion. I use to wonder always WHAT MADE TO HIM TO COMPOSE THIS SONG/WHAT MADE HIM TO THINK DIFFERENTLY/HOW HE DEVELOPED IT etc etc. We can discuss with him one song per week considering his age and health.

Balaji you also use to wonder what made our LITTLE MASTER to compose such a terrfiic prelude when we discussed about MALAR ETHU EN KANGAL THAN ENDRU SOLVANADY. Like this there are so many innumerable jewels lying in his memory. As you rightly said WE ARE THE LOSER if we miss this opportunity.

regards
ramesh
tvsankar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VAidy,
Balaji post paditha udan en manadhil vandha ennam....

MSV idam - Avar ninaivil enna ninaivugal irukiradhu? Endha padalgaluku? Adhan thodarbaga avarin malurum ninaivugal ......

Avar isai amaithadhil avarai kavarandha padalgal? Yen?

Avar easy aga isai amaitha padal?

Avar kashta pattu compose pannina padal?

MSV period il nichayam Mono system dhan. I feel. Andha anubavam patri....

.So andha madhiri period il oru padal isai amaithu ready aga ethanai time repeat panna vendi vandu irukum... Kodumai.Ellorukum kashtam.....

Indha madhiri yana anubavangal - Avarin ninaivil enna iruko adhai kettu sollungalen........

Anal indha madhiriyana questions edhuvum ippodhu vendam.Avarai ippodhu disturb seiya vendam.

Avar Normal Life ku seriya udan, indha questions ellam kettu ingae engaluku ezhudhungo Vaidy.....

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,

Excellent Suggestion. Something concrete needs to be done on that front (How composition/orchestration were made by the genius). I hope the crew members would do the needful at an early date and oblige.

Regards
sampat
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் பாலாஜி...

நீங்கள் சொவது ரொம்ப ரொம்ப சரியானது. மெல்லிசை மன்னர் ஒவ்வொரு பாடலையும் உருவாக்கியதே ஒரு சுவாரஸ்யமான கதை. அவைகளை அனைவரும் அறியும் வண்ணம் அவற்ரை தொகுத்து இந்த களத்தில் வழங்குவது அவசியம். அவரோடு உரையாடுபவர்கள் அவற்றைப்பற்றித் தூண்டி விட்டு, அவரிடம் இருந்து அதற்கான விளக்கங்களையும், விவரங்கலையும் பெற்று அதை இங்கே வழங்கிகிட வேண்டும். காரணம் மதிப்பிற்குரிய மெல்லிசை மன்னர் அவர்கள் நிறைய சம்பவங்களை மறந்து விடுகிறார். அதற்கான தூண்டுகோலாக ஒருவர் அவசியமாகிறது.

உதாரணமாக ஒன்றைச்சொல்ல வேண்டுமானால், ஒரு முறை ஒரு தொலைக்காட்சி நேர்காணலில் எம்.எஸ்.வி.அவர்களை ஒய்.ஜி.மகேந்திரன் பேட்டிகண்டார். அப்போது அவருடைய பல அற்புதப் படைப்புகளைப் பற்றி (நாமெல்லோரும் அறிய விரும்புவது போல) துருவி துருவிக் கேட்டார்.

அப்போது மெல்லிசை மன்னரிடமிருந்து பல பாடல்களின் ஒலிப்பதிவின்போது நடந்த பலப்பல அருமையான விஷயங்கள் வெளிவந்தன. ஒவ்வொரு பதிலின்போதும் எம்.எஸ்.வி.அவர்களிடமிருந்து அடிக்கடி வந்த வார்த்தை என்ன தெரியுமா?

"நல்ல் வேளை இதப்பத்தி ஞாபகப்படுத்தினே, நானே அதை மறந்துட்டேம்பா. நல்லகாலம் நீ நினைவில் வச்சிருந்து கேட்டே" என்று இப்படி சொல்லியே பலவற்றைச் சொன்னார். துரதிர்ஷ்ட வசமாக அந்தப்பேட்டி அரைமணி நேரமே ஒளிபரப்பானது. அதனால் அதிக விவரங்கள் கிடைக்கவில்லை. அன்றைக்கு மகேந்திரனல்லாது வேறு யாரேனும் பேட்டிகண்டிருந்தால் அந்த விவரங்கள் கூட நமக்கு கிடைத்திருக்காது.

அதுபோன்ற விவரங்கள் இங்கும் பதியப்படுமாயின், மெல்லிசை மன்னரைப்பற்றியும் அவரது படைப்புகளைப்பற்றியும் அறிந்துகொள்ள இந்த களத்துக்கு வருகை தருவோருக்கு நல்ல விருந்தாக அமையும்.

(இதுபோன்ற பேட்டிகளின் மூலமும், ப்ல்வேறு பத்திரிக்கைச் செய்திகள் மூலமும் கிடைத்த விவரங்கள், கலைத்துறையைச் சேர்ந்த பலர் சொல்லிய அனுபவங்கள் இவற்றைக்கொண்டு, பல்வேறு பாடல்கள் உருவான விவரத்தை சிறிதளவு தொகுத்திருக்கிறேன். விரைவில் "பாடல் பிறந்த கதைகள்" என்ற தலைப்பின் கீழ் அவற்றை இங்கே பகிர்ந்து கொள்ள உத்தேசித்துள்ளேன். ஆனால் அவை மிகச்சிறய சம்பவங்களின் தொகுப்பு மட்டுமே. எம்.எஸ்.வி.அவர்களை சந்திப்பவர்கள் மேலும் மேலும் அவரிடமிருந்து பல அரிய விஷயங்களைப்பெற்று இங்கே வெளியிட வேண்டும் என்பதே நம் எல்லோருடைய ஆவல்).

பாலாஜி அண்ணா சொன்னது போல மெல்லிசை மன்னருடன் இளையராஜாவும், கவிஞர் வாலியும் உரையாடியதைக் கூட "மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் அனுமதி பெற்று" இங்கே வெளியிடலாம். தனிப்பட்ட விஷயங்களைத்தவிர்த்து, இசை மற்றும் பாடல் களைப்பற்றி மட்டும் அவர்கள் என்ன உரையாடினார்கள் என்பது. நிச்சயம் அது ஒரு பயனுள்ள உரையாடலாகவே இருந்திருக்கும்.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji & Sharadha,

I appreciate your concern about getting more info from our Master during our regular meetings. The purpose of us meeting him often is to comfort him with some music and not try to take him on an emotional trip. MSV has undergone a major surgery and doctors have advised him complete rest. Once in a while we play some good music / re-recordings to make him happy and comfortable. You should all understand one fact here- there is very less talking and only more of singing and playing music!!! It is quite difficult for us / for him to roll all his memories now as he finds it more comfortable to relax and listen to music. So if at all there's anything to be shared with you, it is only from the excerpts of his talk. We also long to talk to him in detail about all his yesteryear's events and composings, but this is not the right time and hence we safely downplay it.
I hope the members will understand.
Cheers
vaidy
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,

I have posted a mail in the name "Stars share their experience" under the head "Songs composed by MSV". Again I would reiterate, let us not trouble too much Shri MSV, as our Vaidy says, but kindly consider the other options(Please see the contents in my above mentioned mail). Your feedback please...

P.Sankar.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Club members (Balaji, Saradha, Usha and all),

We entirely agree and understand your quest to know the back-ground behind each of MSV's compositions. But, as Vaidy has already mentioned, as soon as we start talking about a song, MSV becomes emotional. Sometimes it also becomes impossible for the rest of us, sitting near him, to control our emotions as well. This type of situations makes him very heavy and it becomes very difficult for us to change the topic and bring everyone to normalcy and cheer. As you may all know, MSV is like a child now and we should take great efforts and care in interacting with him.

At the same time we also try to get alteast some info possible behind the song. I mentioned about MSV's quote on Sri.Gnansambandar. How he appreciated Venky etc. Please note that we do take snaps, video, audio clips of the conversations. Vaidy has a great video how MSV enjoyed "Nitham Nitham" from "Koottu Puzhukkal". (MSV has completely forgotten that song!!!) We always have the idea at the back of our mind, to get maximum info from MSV. But we are utilising the opportunities, very judiciously.

We are working on enhanced Video/Audio sections and more gallery to post all these clippings and rare photos. All these updates can be expected around Tamil New Year 2007.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mr.ram & mr. vaidy

we can understand the situation of msv sir now and he need complete rest without any disturbance. particularly he should not get emotional because of his bypass surgery he undergone recently.

mr.balaji, mrs.parakash and others

we can understand your eagerness to know about the interesting matters about his creations, for which i am also very thirsty. but i hope this is not the time to disturb him to get them out.

mr. vaidy please dont get misunderstanding about our members.

the reason for their expectations are because you people are very lucky to meet him often and have much oppertunities to share thinks and thoughts with him very easily, whereas we are far away from him.

let us wait to get complete recovery from his present situation.

eventhough gas cylinder is opened, we need somebody as sparking gun, to make the flame, same like what sister saradha told about y.gee.mahendran.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy & Dear Ram......

Please dont mistake me. My post is just a reply to the post of Balaji anna, and a support for his suggestion.

We all know our MSV needs a complete rest and no need to make him emotional by disturbing him with questions.

But during your meeting with him, whenever he says something about his past experiences, you can share them with us, if it is not purely personal. We all submitting our thanks to you for meeting him regularly and giving him 'aaruthal' which he needed now.

As Mr. Irene said, you are the lucky people to meet our master regularly, thatswhy we suggest, people like you only can do this kind of services to the forum.

Let us wait for his his complete cure and come with fresh and strength.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: