"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SPB intro in Tamil Film Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:44 am    Post subject: SPB intro in Tamil Film Music Reply with quote

1969 ஜனவரியில் வெளியான படங்களின் பட்டியல்

அன்பளிப்பு - 01.01.1969
குழந்தை உள்ளம் – 08.01.1969 – 14.01.1969
சுபதினம் – 14.01.1969
தங்கமலர் – 14.01.1969
பால்குடம் – 10.01.1969 – 14.01.1969
மகிழம்பூ – 31.01.1969

இவற்றில் எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் பாடியுள்ள படங்கள் இரண்டு –
குழந்தை உள்ளம் மற்றும் பால்குடம்

குழந்தை உள்ளம் தெலுங்கு தமிழ் இரு மொழிகளில் எடுக்கப் பட்ட படம். தெலுங்குப் படத்துக்கு எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் பாடிய போது தமிழுக்கும் பாட வைத்துப் பதியப் பட்டது. இதன் படி இதுதான் அவர் தமிழில் பாடிப் பதிவான முதல் பாடல். என்று கருதப் படுகிறது. இப்படம் தணிக்கையானது 08.01.1969 அன்று. பால்குடம் தணிக்கையானது 10..01.1969. வித்தியாசம் இரண்டு நாட்கள் மட்டும் தான். இரு படங்களும் ஏறக்குறைய ஒரே சமயத்தில் தயாரானவை. அதில் பால்குடம் சற்று முன்னதாகவே தொடங்கப்பட்டு மிகச் சிறிய காலதாமதம் ஏற்பட்டு வெளியானது. இவற்றை எல்லாம் கருத்தில் வைத்துப் பார்த்தால் பால்குடம் பாடல் தான் எஸ்.பி.பாலசுப்ரமணியம் பாடி வெளிவந்த முதல் தமிழ்ப்பாடலாக இருக்கும். அதற்கு சான்றாக நாம் இவ்விரு பாடல்களின் பதிவான தேதியைக் கண்டறிய வேண்டும். எப்படிப் பார்த்தாலும் எஸ்.பி.பாலா வைத் தமிழில் அறிமுகப் படுத்திய இசையமைப்பாளர் மெல்லிசை மன்னராகத் தான் இருக்க முடியும்.

ராகவேந்திரன்
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Vatsan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: SPB's intro Reply with quote

ragasuda, SPB in a conversation stated that "muthhuchippi" from the kuzhanthai uLLam was the first released song.

Ofcourse, SPB's first and second recorded songs were by MSV. The first for Hotel Ramba which never got released and the second...the very popular "iyarkkai ennum iLaya kannI"
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extract from the pages of BOMMAI as published at the following link:
http://spbindia.blogspot.com/2006/06/actor-sivakumar-meets-spb.html

Here SPB says Paal Kudam was the first one to get released. Read on...

Thursday, June 08, 2006
Actor Sivakumar meets SPB

Don't be too puzzled. This interview happened 36 years ago - in 1970. Actor Sivakumar met SPB for the Tamil Cine-Magazine Bommai for an interview. Here is the transcript...

Siva : Hello Mr. Balasubramaniam. Good morning!

SPB : Good morning, good morning, it's been long since we met!

Siva : Yes. atleast 2 months!

SPB : Must be more than that, Brother!

Siva : May be. Mr. Balasubramaniam. Do you know where I first saw you?

SPB: I don't know!

Siva: I saw you in AVM Studio when you came there for recording a song. I also had my shooting going on in AVM. Someone told about you that a new Play-back singer is in and he looks like a Hero. I was curious to see you. When I had a break, I came to the Recording Theatre and saw you. Whoever remarked about you deserves a spoon of sugar - becoz you looked like a Hero.

SPB: Then why didn't you talk to me?

Siva: You were also busy. I had my shooting going on. So I returned back to the set.

SPB: I came and met you in another instance. Do you remember that?

Siva: How can I forget that day? That was in the same AVM Studio. That too when I was acting for a song, you'd sung for me, and you came and met me!

SPB: That song 'malligaipoo vangi' in the movie 'paal kudam' sung for you, is one of my favorites.

Siva: When we were chatting after introducing ourselves, I told you something. Do you remember that?

SPB: What did you say? We talked on many things that day.

Siva: Try to recollect.. Think about it... something I told you specifically..

SPB: mmmm..... yeah. I remember now. You said I can try acting in movies as I have a good personality. Why shouldn't I try? right? You're the only actor who asked me to try acting!! Smile Smile

Siva: Was Paal kudam the first movie to be released in which you'd sung?

SPB: True. that was the first movie to be released. But that was not the first movie I'd sung for.

Siva: I know about it. But which was your first song?

SPB: I sang my first song for the movie 'Hotel Ramba' which has not been released yet.

Siva: How did you get interest in music?

SPB: My father and grand father have expertise in music. my father used to perform 'katha kalatshebam' programs.

Siva: So yours is a music family.

SPB: Yes. Thatswhy I got my interest in music since I was a kid. I remember in one of the local temple festivals, I went and bought a flute from a seller, and brought it home; started practicing myself.

Siva: Oh.. you know how to play a flute then?

SPB: No no. I left practicing it half-a-way through.

Siva: Did you learn any other music instruments?

SPB: No. But I know how to play a harmonium - I learned it myself.

Siva: Singing?

SPB: I learned it too at my native place

Siva: How did you enter into Play-back for movies?

SPB: That's a long story - will take time - shall I go ahead?

Siva: Please go ahead

SPB: After finishing my schooling in Nellore, I came to Chennai to do Engineering. I had many friends. I was performing in college programs. I participated in many competitions and won a few as well.

Siva: Very good. very good.

SPB: That time, there was a competition held at Andhra Club in Vijayaraghavachari Road. I participated in that. I was the first one to sing among several competitors and I got the first prize.

Siva: Very good, very good

SPB: Music Director Gothandapani was also there in that program. He appreciated my voice very much. He also promised to give me a chance for singing film songs in an appropriate time.

Siva: Is he the one who composes music for Telugu films?

SPB: Yes. He's the same person. After that meeting, I used to go to him frequently. He was also taking a lot of efforts for me. Do you Artist Bharani Kumar?

Siva: Come on. I'm also an Artist basically. From that perspective, I like Bharanikumar's designs very much.

SPB: He's my close friend. When I went to a Studio with him, Director Sridhar was on the set. He asked me to sing. There were others including Actor Sundararajan. I sang a song.

Siva: Which song?

SPB: A song from 'Dhosthi'. I sang that song in two different styles. Sridhar liked it very much. He asked me to see Music Director Viswanathan. Viswanathan also asked me to sing and said that I have a very good voice and he would use me very soon.

Siva: Did you meet anybody else?

SPB: I met Bhanumathi. Someone told about me to her. She was actually leaving the place; but agreed to listen to just one song. She listened to my singing and appreciated me very much.

Siva: So you got the 'bramha rishi' title from 'Vashishtar'.

SPB: Yes. I was very happy and proud to be appreciated by Bhanumathiji. One day, Music Director Gothandapani took me to Telugu comedy actor Padmanaban. He also listened to my voice and appreciated me much. Only after few days of that meeting, Gothandapani informed me that I got my first chance to sing for a Telugu Movie produced by Padmanaban. That was my first movie. Then I started singing in many telugu movies.

Siva: How did you get a chance to sing in Tamil movies?

SPB: Viswanathan Sir gave me the chance. After my meeting with him, he called me after few days and gave me a chance to sing for the movie 'Hotel Ramba'. He was composing music for the movie 'Santhi Nilayam'. He gave me a chance to sing for Gemini Ganesan. Gemini liked my voice very much. He recommended to Savithri and got me a chance to sing in the movie 'kuzhanthai ullam'.

Siva: How did you get the chance to sing in 'Adimai Pen'?

SPB: That was an interesting story.

Siva: Whatever you've described so far was also interesting. Tell me about this.

SPB: MGR's movie 'Kudiyiruntha kovil' was dubbed in Telugu. I'd sung the telugu songs for MGR in the telugu version. MGR happened to listen to those songs and talked about me to Music Director K.V.Mahadevan.

Siva: If he finds a talent, he won't just like that leave that person! Smile

SPB: KVM sent a person to my home. I was suffering from severe fever. I could not go. In the meanwhile, MGR got some Records of my telugu songs and was listening to them. Once I recovered, I went and met KVM Sir. He said he would give me a chance in 'adimai pen' movie for a song for MGR. I couldn't believe myself as it's a very big opportunity for me.

Siva: Yes. That's a great opportunity. I always keep singing that song 'ayiram nilave vaa'. I like that song very much.

SPB: That song was recorded when I had high fever.

Siva: Really?

SPB: Really. Once the rehearsals were over, a date was fixed for the final recordings. I again was sick with severe fever. I was going to sing for the first time for MGR. Hence I didn't want to lose that great opportunity. I went to AVM studio with my father. Another rehearsal was done. MGR also had come for the final recording. Producer Thevar was also present. My hands and legs were shaking due to high fever. I did 11 takes for that song which was finally okayed. MGR & KVM were very much satisfied with that. Thevar came to me and appreciated me. He also asked me if I can act in his movie.

Siva: What did you tell him?

SPB: I just laughed and stood there. I met Thever in Gemini Studio recently again. He asked me again about my interest in acting and was willing to give me the advance. I told him that I had to think and get back to him. He said if I ever decide to act in movies, I must act in his movie first!

siva: I also think you should act in movies

SPB: Acting is not an easy thing to do.

Siva: Singing is also not an easy thing to do Smile

SPB: That's true.

Siva: You've become very popular becoz of your song in 'Adimai Pen'. right?

SPB: Yes. Since then I've been getting a lot of chances in movies

Siva: Have you song for Sivaji?

SPB: Oh.. I have sung in a movie being produced by Ramkumar productions. Sivaji listened to Santhi Nilayam songs and he liked my voice very much. I think I'm singing for all the Heros in Tamil films these days. I must be very lucky.

Siva: Yes it's a big thing and a thing to be very proud of.

SPB: I am very grateful to Mr. Viswanathan and Mr. Kothandapani. Mr. Viswanathan treats me like one of his children. He is the only reason for all my songs in Tamil films today.

Siva. Yes. we should never forget those who helped us to succeed. well. Which of your song is your favorite?

SPB: I like all my songs like all children are special for the mother

Siva: that's a smart one... Smile anyway, do you think people who want to get into play-back singing should have music knowledge and background?

SPB: We can't say it's a must. It's good to have. But if some one has the right interest and good voice, he or she can surely make an attempt. Take yourself for example. You never had any background like acting in dramas, etc. before you came to movies. You were painting pictures. You came to act, becoz you were interested.

Siva: I agree that 'interest' is the most important factor in anything. Well. Other than telugu and tamil, have you sung in any other languages?

SPB: I have sung in Kannada and Malayalam.

Siva: Would you want to become a Music Director

SPB: That requires a lot of music knowledge. I've just stepped into the industry. I have a lot to learn. But I've written a telugu devotional song and composed a tune for it. I always start with that song in all my programs.

Siva: Oh.... my god.. I have dubbing for APN Sir's movie. shall I take leave?

SPB: I also have a rehearsal. I'm also taking leave now. Thank you

Siva: Thank you.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: