"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ANDHAPPAKKAM VAAZHNDHAVAR ROMEO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:16 am    Post subject: ANDHAPPAKKAM VAAZHNDHAVAR ROMEO Reply with quote

‘ANDHA PAKKAM VAAZHNDAVAR ROMEO’

I have heard this song only in the movie when I was studying 3rd standard. I have not heard after that. But yesterday I heard this song in our site. I remember the situation when the great comedian actor Nagesh sings this song in the movie about his love towards the heroin of the movie.

When the movie was released there was a hippy culture getting very prominence in the world. In fact the movie ‘Hare Rama Hare Krishna’ is based on this subject.

In this movie Mr. Nagesh would be a hippy and so he would always be with the guitar. So he sings this song with the guitar. The song is also sung by him in the midnight when all other would be in deep sleep. In fact when you hear this song in the beginning itself there will be a snoring sound of his father Sri VKR.

Now see the composition of our master. Since it is a hippy culture based song the tune is set in the western style. You can feel the western accent when you hear the line ‘oh my sweetie’. Now the next line comes ‘oodi vaa’ with a downward sangadhi and followed with a humming. If you see the humming it is exactly a style of the raga ‘NEELAMBARI’. See where is western and where is carnatic raga and how beautifully it is connected. But why the raga ‘NEELAMBARI’? Because ‘NEELAMBARI’ raga is used for lullaby or ‘Thaalattu’ to make people sleep. Since the situation is that while he is singing the others are sleeping. So after singing few lines in his hippy western style he feels that others could wake up. So he sings ‘NEELAMBARI’ lullaby or ‘Thaalattu’ so that the others remain asleep. What an imagination?

There is one more information about this song. That is the orchestration. It is composed for a midnight situation when people are sleeping. SO the preludes and the interludes including the rhythm are very soft and less noisy. There is only one lead instrument that is guitar. In order give variation for the instruments master used a brilliant idea of following the guitar interlude with his famous and specialty instrument the ‘WHISTLE’

Now please hear this song and feel for yourself.

HAPPY PONGAL

N Y MURALI
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள முரளி,

பிரமாதமா எழுதி இருக்கிறீர்கள். பாடலின் தன்மை, காட்சி அமைப்பு, பாடலாக்கிய விதம், பாடலின் பின்னணி இசை என்று எல்லாவற்றையும் பற்றி அழகாக எழுதி இருக்கிறீர்கள். நீங்கள் இந்த பாடலை எவ்வளவு ரசித்து இருக்கிறீர்கள் என்று உங்க எழுத்தில் இருந்தே தெரிகிறது. நீங்கள் எழுதி இருக்கறத படிக்கும்போது நானும் அதை அப்படியே உணருகிறேன். நன்றி.

மன்னிக்கவும், எனக்கு இன்னும் இந்த பதிவில் உள்ள அனைத்தையும் படிக்க நேரம் கிடைக்கவில்லை. அதனால்தான் இந்த பாடலை பற்றி நீங்கள் எழுதி இருந்ததையும் படிக்க தவறி விட்டேன். நீங்க எழுதியதை படித்தவுடன்தான் எனக்கு தோன்றுகிறது, நான் நிறைய வரிகள் நீங்கள் எழுதியதைதான் 'Lyrics' பகுதியில் தமிழில் எழுதி இருக்கிறேன். ஆனால் இதில் வியப்பேதும் இல்லை. நாம் எல்லோருமே மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் அபிமானிகள். அதனால்தான் அவர் பாடல்களை ரசிப்பதில் கூட சில சமயங்களில் இவ்வளவு ஒற்றுமை இருக்கிறது.
Venugopalan Soundararajan

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear sister Malathi,

Great observation. I am sure the lyric is intentionally written with each line ending as "கிடார்". The Director must have explained the கவிஞர் the situation of the song that it is sung by a Hippy playing the Guitar. What a lyric and what a composition by our great MSV! The song is also beautifully sung by Saibaba (actor TS Balaiah's son), who himself was a Guitarist in MSV's troupe.

Regards,
Venu Soundar
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: