"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Rajavin Parvai" - Part 2 - Chord Analysis
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a mind blowing analysis Sampath Very Happy

Bit by bit study on the song which is one of very best of tamil cinema music .

For the first time , I am coming across someone doing such a type of analysis of Mellisai Mannar compo !

Hats off to you

Now, I have a list of songs for your next round of technical analysis Very Happy

1. Kan pona pokile kaal pogalamaa
2. Enna enna varthaigalo
3. Nenjam marapadhillai
4. Azagukkum malarukkum jaadhiyillai
5. Engeyum eppodhum sangeedham
6. Parakkum pandhu parakkum
7. Kalyana naal parka sollalaamaa
8. Banzayee kadhal paravaigal
9. Naan nandri solven en kangalukku
10. Ammamaa katru vandhu aadai thottu paadum

Looking forward Smile
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji,

Thank u very much. What can i say to thank u all for the kind affection and encouragement. I will try my level best to do justice to each one of ur list of songs composed by our melody king MSV.

Thank u very much once again

Dear vaidy,

How r u sir. How is the health of our beloved king of melody. Kindly let us know soon.

regards
sampat
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

As against Caug as mentioned in the analysis, we could use major chord E. Then the chords are

C/F/Bb/E/Am

This is also a novelty in the hands of the melody king. The starting point of Am melody is all the major chords C/F/Bb/E.

Awaiting your valuable comment. As u have keyboard, u can play it and respond.

regards
sampat
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:06 pm    Post subject: FANTASTIC MR. SAMPATH! Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sampath,

Just out of the world writings by you. I am a person with very little knowledge (I haven't imparted any formal training in music) and I am so happy that after the launch of this website & through articles written by you all I am getting educated more and more. I must thank every one of you for contributing so much thus making our site, the most happening one. You are welcome to post anything in detail and it will only be my pleasure to read thro' all of them. Reg MSV, please read my latest posting.

Cheers
vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:20 pm    Post subject: Outrageuos Composition! Reply with quote

S.SAMPAT wrote:
Dear Ram,

As against Caug as mentioned in the analysis, we could use major chord E. Then the chords are

C/F/Bb/E/Am

This is also a novelty in the hands of the melody king. The starting point of Am melody is all the major chords C/F/Bb/E.

Awaiting your valuable comment. As u have keyboard, u can play it and respond.

regards
sampat

Dear Sampat,

Thats correct. C Aug can be used instead of E Major. As the stress being on the note G#, which is common for both the chords.

To All,

To mention here, the Analysis our Sampath has made is not just simple. I have done analysis on this song, but in bits and pieces only, but Sampath's information is a result of his great work! He has beautifully explained how the scale variations are handled by our Master creator MSV.

Am just adding some more points to Sampath's Analysis. Scale variation is similar to changing the "Shruthi" or "Pitch" of a song (In very simple terms to explain to a common listener). Say a person sings in "Sa" scale, then he goes to "Ri" scale. This is as simple. But the challenge is "How To Bring Melody in that???" Just tweaking the Knob in the "Shruthi Box" will not bring Melody. It requires a Genius Work and this song is a wonderful example of how MSV has done it!

Going still further.... In Scale Variations it is extremely difficult to maintain the "Mood" of the song during the variation. MSV has hidden so many concepts to a listener and has made sure only the "Melody" reaches everyone. The inability of anyone to spot these variations instantly is again a testimony for the fact the MSV's handling of any type of VARIATIONS is SEAMLESS, without affecting the flow of the song in any way. He deceives the "MUSIC" itself!!!

Generally speaking, a song will either be in a "Major" scale (for happy sequences) and "Minor" scale (for sad sequences). Remember that NONE of these rules apply to MSV. But it is just a theory. MSV blasted these type of "Rules" with a "Heavy Nuclear Bomb", created using "Nuclear Fission" reaction with "Helium"!!!

Sampath has already explained this clearly in the analysis. I would like to highlight this particular portion of this song to show MSV's "Attrocities". At "Raaniyin Mugame Rasipathil Sugame" by TMS, the song will still be A Minor scale. At "Poorana Nilavo..." the song goes to A Major followed by D Major at "Punnagai Malaro...". For these four words alone he has touched "Major" scale. In the next line, simply he will land back to the A Minor which is the original scale. These can be explained very well using a Guitar/Keyboard.

So that results in:

Raaniyin Mugame Rasipathil Sugame - A Minor Scale
Poorana Nilavo Punnagai Malaro - A Major Scale
Azhaginai Vadithen Amuthathai Kudithen - A Minor Scale

There are hell-a-lot of examples like this. But this song is simply an outstanding and outrageous composition!
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

So nice of you. Thank u once again. As clearly stated by u MSV thrashed out the grammer. It is possible only for a creator like him.

Great indeed.

I learnt from Mr.Vaidy that u have got engaged. My ashirwadham for u and ur fiancee. I hope i can do ashirwadham for i am as young as 43 Very Happy

best wishes for ur marriage

sampat
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Thanks, Sampath! Reply with quote

Dear Sampath,

Thanks for your best wishes. I'll pass your wishes to my fiancee as well!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: What a work? Reply with quote

Dear Sampath & Ram,

Simply outstanding. What an indepth analysis. After reading thro' your posts, I feel I have been thoroughly enlightened! What a variation of musical notes our Master Creator has done. As you said, Grammer never applies to God!!! I am sure MSV has done all these with absolute ease and at the same time maintaining the melody safely intact...... No wonder I call HIM A PHENOMENON IN MUSIC!!!

Thanks a ton Sampath & Ram for giving one of the most enjoyable postings I have read thro' in MSVTIMES.COM. I wud also request you guys to do similar posting of other songs also (a request from your fan!!!!)

Cheers
vaidy
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sampath

Eagerly awaiting your technical analysis on Kan pona pokile
for the week end . Very Happy

Request you to take up song by song for a week & do a research pls .

This will enlighten us
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: