"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Grand initiation by Mellisai Maamannar's Modira viral
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Grand initiation by Mellisai Maamannar's Modira viral Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I have this strong urge to go atop a hill and announce to the world that whatever MM does is always new, a new creation. Each and every song or rerecording is freshly designed and created. Whoever he touches, he or she blossoms into a new phenomenon! Such thoughts occupy most of my daily routines. I was just contemplating on the fresh voices that he introduced. Many voices emerge, and we have quickly forgotten all about their grand beginning in the everyday affairs! What I mean is the "Modira viral kuttu" from MM himself!

Let me try and see how many are first time introductions by MM himself, and how many were brought out of their cold hibernations after their first songs! (Obviously, it was the saving grace of MM that some of their names are remembered by us now!)

1. Vani Jairam: "Malligai en mannan mayangum", 1st or 2nd song; this catapulted her career
2. KJYesudas: "Enna paarvai"
3. B.Vasantha: All the humming songs
4. B. Sasirekha: Some nice melodious duets earmarked by MM for her
5. Jayachandran: "Thangathile" from Manippayal; clear throated singing and melodiuos. A rare voice!
6. SPB: "Iyarkkai ennum", rest is history
7. Chandra Bose: "Endi muttamma", what a voice, high-pitched and lively!
8. Mu.Kaa.Muthu: Few nasal numbers
9. Swarnalatha: "Chinnanchiru kiliye"
10. Malaysia Vasudevan: "Suno suno bhai"
11. AV Ramanan: "Netroru menagai"
12. Jayalalitha: "Naan endraal"
13. Shobha Shekar: Many children songs
14. TL Maharajan: "Rathi devi sannidiyil"?

This list can probably see other names too! Only that I am unable to pool my resources at this late hour tonight! I hope all our friends would join in to investigate the merits of these introductions by MM and other grand entries initiated by MM. I hope I have not added to any existing or ongoing discussion? If so, pardon me, and let us revisit! Some songs identified as the first song or a pathbreaking song (made by MM) may be wrong. Please correct.

Thanks,
G. Sai Saravanan

N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Sai Saravanan,
Reg the singer MM has mentioned that there was a request to him to accomodate Mu Ka Muthu for a song in the movie 'Pookaari'. At that time the songs for the entire movie has been composed and were about to be recorded. So MM afetr testing the voice of MKM politely said that he could make him sing for a future movie and not the song for the movie 'Pookari' which was accepted by MKM.

Then he presented that oppurtunity to MKM in the movie 'Samayalkaaran' with the song 'Sonthakkaranga ennakku romba perunga'. MM mentioned that he deliberatlely composed the song in such a way to make MKM sing easily.

There is one more song in that movie sung by TMS 'Naan Paadidum Kavithai'. This is in the raga 'kaapi'. I always wonder why he selectted that particular raga for that song. May be 'Kaapi' is more suitable for 'Samayalkaaran'

Regards,

N Y MURALI
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a duet sung by MKM in Pookkaari but I am not sure. But MKM has sung a beautiful duet in Vellikkizhamai, 'Moham adhu muppaadhu naal.' He has also sung another solo song in that film '....Nagore Aandavaa.'
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Parthavi,
I do no know how many songs have been sung by MKM. But it was mentioned that 'sondhakkaranga' was the first sung by MKm as told by MM

Regards,

N Y MURALI
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can any one please let me know whether the song "Maharaja Oru Maharani" from the movie "Iru Malargal" is sung by Shobha Shekar.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venkat,
True, it is Shobha who has sung this with TMS. But I do not know if she sang first for KVM earlier or for MM. Whatever it is, she does not acknowledge openly about MM's role in her career.
Sai Saravanan
N Y MURALI

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Freinds,
There are other singers who were introduced by MM.

Rajkumar Bharathi
K Veeramani
Sai Baba
Sujatha

Reagards,

N Y MURALI
Jeev

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:42 pm    Post subject: Jolly Abraham Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Another singer introduced by MM is Jolly Abraham (1978).

Film: Vanakathukuriya Kathaliye

Song: Adiyenai Paramma

Thanks

Jeev
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL

a few more

1. seergazhi siva chidambaram -
2. sheik dawood
3. nagoor hanifa
4. kovai kamala
5.lr anjali

re yesudoaa - introduction by s balachandar -of course shot into fame due MSV
similarly TL maharajan - by Kvm i suppose .

success rate of people introduced by MM is much higher than people introduced by other MD s.

why many lyricist were introduced by him

vaalee
pattukottai
roshanarabegam
muthulingam
naa kamarajan

i think nethaji also

you can expand the list

regar
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
How we have recollected some nice old forgotten singers!

Mu Kaa Muthu had sung in Anaya vilakku. T L Maharajan, no doubt, was singing as a child, probably before MM used him. But, nevertheless, it was MM who brought him to limelight. Similar is the case with Shobha shekar, who was used a child artiste for a few songs before she was called for singing in her own films. Sivachidambaram was used in Mridanga Chakravarthi which shot him to fame. Nagoor Hanifa was a success in "Ellorum Kondaduvom" with TMS. Sheik was again used in Apoorva Raagangal. LR Anjali was used for playback to children as well as heroines, but did not achieve as much success as her sister did. I do not know if MM used Sujata earlier until "Thulasi". It was Kalyani Menon who sang a few numbers for him. Bombay Jayashree did a few songs, but could not shine, probably owing to her old style of singing (conventional mould in those days??). GKVenkatesh has been another, quite silent in his songs.

Of all in the above group, only TLMaharajan was a clear success. The rest were clearly a level below other singers, such as: Rajkumar Bharati, Sasi Rekha, Jolly Abraham, Jeyachandran, K.Veeramani, Swarnalatha, Sai Baba. TLM had tremondous range and a pleasing voice, fit for any type of song. Jolly had melody. Sasi rekha was good with humming (until the lament-like tone she developed for Manoj-Gyan). We do not need to comment on Jeyachandran - he is a marvel! Swarnalatha picked up late. Sai Baba had sung great many hummings, english-based liners, etc. Veeramani was surprisingly used by MM in unconventional styles not original to him (Veeramani), and that was a grand success! Chandrabose was a sort of one-song wonder!! There is no such song composed so far for such a new entrant. Mind boggling range!

I just remembered M.L. Srikaanth. Who can forget "Kaadal kaadal endru" hummed by him! He had a standing as a music director himself, with solo as well as songs with Vani Jayram.

Clearly, with the touch of MM on their souls, many singers have flourished. Only few stood the test of time.

I am trying to recall other one-song wonders... Someone sang "Kaanchi pattuduthi", for example.

G. Sai Saravanan
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Sai Saravanan,
The song "Kaanchi pattuduthi" humming was by Savithiri. But I am not sure whether she has sung after that.

In one of the Malayalam movies (Ormagal marikkumo: Kamal, Jayan, Vidhubala) a beautiful song by KJY and Sujatha (only humming) was there. I think that movie was released in the year 1974. Sujatha should be very young at that time. Might be school going.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
What were the songs sung by Kovai Kamala? Was LR Anjali introduced by MM? When did Chandrababu start singing? Was he initiated by MM?

Of the one-song voices, some female voices singing the following songs:

"Idazhe idazhe then vendum" with SPB

"Padutthal, purandaal urakkam illai" with SPB

I am not aware of these singers.

Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mr sai saravanan

kovai kamala sang kundrakudi konda vela - film yamirukka bhayamaen.

Lr anjali - - If my memory is right nalla parai vaanga vaendum - by shobha , and anjali with Tms .
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friends,
The singing of Maharajapuram Santhanam and Balamuralikrishna in movies: While I feel that the former sang first for our MM, BMK (admirably used by MM for "thanga ratham", etc.), I feel, was brought to Tamil film music by MM. Is this so?
Sai Saravanan
raghavankannan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

மகாராஜபுரம் சந்தானம் "ரோஷக்காரி" என்னும் படத்தில் மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசையில் கர்நாடக சங்கீதத்தில் ஒரு பாடல் பாடியுள்ளார். ரவிசந்திரன் விஜயா நடித்து

ராகவன் கண்ணன்
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: