"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Me and Rahman are still pupils of MSV"-Illayaraja

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sriramp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

link is here
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14863982

Ilayaraja said: “There are only a few who possess immense talent and still go on to make it big. Rahman is a phenomenal musician. If MSV is Athara Sruthi, I am Panchamam and Rahman is Panchamam”

Rahman added: “I used to wonder why Naushad, Ilayaraja, M.S Viswanathan, Madan Mohan and others did not get the awards. But they have people’s love, which is greater honor than the Oscars.”

also here

http://movies.chennaivision.com/news.php?id=456

In his acceptance address, Rahman said, ‘God had selected me to collect the Oscars. Ten years ago when Japanese, Chinese and Italian films used to take home Oscars, I used to wonder why Ilaiyaraja, M S Viswanathan, Naushad and others did not get the awards. But they have people’s love, which is a greater honour than the Oscars.’

Long live Rahman and Ilayaraja ! for their high regard for MSV.

someone had an explanation over the web for what Ilayaraja had said

Literally....

Adhara Sruthi : Root note or a reference note of a tone scale
Panchamam : 'pa' or the perfect 5th interval

Western classical pretty much revolves around this 5th interval.

So I have my own interpretation based on this.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: