"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

One and Only S.P.B !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: One and Only S.P.B !!! Reply with quote

A thread on the ever-lasting, soothing, versatile voice called "S.P.Balasubramaniam"; He will enhance any tune by any composer; MSV Fans consider MSV-SPB combo as the best "chemistry"; They both keep on improvising any tune; In the next generation by Illayaraja, he reached another epitome, singing for actors - Kamal, Rajni, Mohan etc, when the actors were in their peak; The next generation for A.R.Rahman, statistics show that the singer who has sung the maximum song for ARR is SPB!!! So in all stages in Tamil Film Industry SPB had some kind of speciality, some way or the other.

Can any one in the world imagine 35000 songs in his/her life? What a feat???!!!

Ram
MSVTIMES.COM & MSVCLUB
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: SPB Reply with quote

DEAR RAM

[b]IN THE MATTER OF SPB VOICE I DIFFER WITH U.I ALREADY MENTIONED IN ONE LETTER IN THIS SITE SAYING THAT TMS IS THE ONLY MANNLY VOICE.IT IS CMPLETE &TOTAL.AS MR.T.K RAMAMOORTHY HAS SAID IN ONE INTERVIEW THAT HE &MSV ARE STILL SEARCHING A VOICE EQUIALENT TO TMS.IMAGINE NEEYUM NAANUMA KANNA NEEYUM NANUMA BY ANY OTHER SINGER.

SPB VOICE IS GOOD &SOFT.HIS VOICE IS LITTLE FEMININE.DON'T U AGREE? HEAR PAADUM POTHU NAAN THENNANKATRU(NETRU INDRU NAALAI).U CAN ASK ME MORE.

SANKARANARAYANAN.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: SPB Reply with quote

sankaran.lic wrote:
DEAR RAM

[b]IN THE MATTER OF SPB VOICE I DIFFER WITH U.I ALREADY MENTIONED IN ONE LETTER IN THIS SITE SAYING THAT TMS IS THE ONLY MANNLY VOICE.IT IS CMPLETE &TOTAL.AS MR.T.K RAMAMOORTHY HAS SAID IN ONE INTERVIEW THAT HE &MSV ARE STILL SEARCHING A VOICE EQUIALENT TO TMS.IMAGINE NEEYUM NAANUMA KANNA NEEYUM NANUMA BY ANY OTHER SINGER.

SPB VOICE IS GOOD &SOFT.HIS VOICE IS LITTLE FEMININE.DON'T U AGREE? HEAR PAADUM POTHU NAAN THENNANKATRU(NETRU INDRU NAALAI).U CAN ASK ME MORE.

SANKARANARAYANAN.

Dear Mr.Sankaran,

I totally agree with you on the fact that TMS voice is the MANLY voice. His voice clearly has "VEERAM" and even in romantic songs, the "GAMBEERAM" will be clearly evident. I would also like to quote a line MSV said in a discussion with Sriram Lakshman, another great fan of MSV. "Oru Kodi Rupa (Rupees) Koduthaalum TMSkku Abaswaram Varathu!!!"

But SPB's voice is a different genre all-together. This is absolutely not in comparison with TMS. It has its own sweetness or softness. "Paadum Pothu Thaan Thendral Katru" is infact one of my (many's) favourites. The lines "Idhazhil Thenai Kudithu, Athil Inba Naadagam...." in that song. SPB voice "Appadiye Konjum". Thats the beauty of his voice. Enakkoru Kadhali, Ninaithale Inikkum etc can be seen as SPB greatly improvising the tune of MSV.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Great duet by MSV & SPB Reply with quote

Dear Ram & Sankaran,

Another song that greatly moved me was from the film Kootu Pzhukkal and the song-Nitham Nitham en kannodu sung by MSV & SPB. I will never forget this song as I had the golden opportunity of shooting MSV's emotions as he was listening to this song one day. I treasure this more than my life! Enna Ram????
Cheers
YD
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very true, Vaidy Uncle !!! I was moved when we watched in the "Pizzaraunt", following some great BGM collection. The time went well past mid-night !!!!
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:07 am    Post subject: MSV'S HEALTH BULLETIN! Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I would consider MSV as the reincarnation of "Vamana" Avatharam. He is too small in appearence but literally conquered eerezhu ulagam by his awesome capabilities as a Creator!!!

By the way, the good news from the hospital is that MSV's surgery went off very well and is recovering well also. He should be back in his normal ward by Monday. Will hv more info once I meet him. Keep Praying! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
vaidy
sankaran.lic

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:31 pm    Post subject: Re: MSV'S HEALTH BULLETIN! Reply with quote

vaidymsv wrote:
Hi Folks,

I would consider MSV as the reincarnation of "Vamana" Avatharam. He is too small in appearence but literally conquered eerezhu ulagam by his awesome capabilities as a Creator!!!

By the way, the good news from the hospital is that MSV's surgery went off very well and is recovering well also. He should be back in his normal ward by Monday. Will hv more info once I meet him. Keep Praying! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
vaidy

LET GOD GIVE HIM ANOTHER INNINGS.

SANKARANARAYANAN
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That will be a treat to many!
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can have a full listing of SPB-MSV songs... Some one with full stats on this?
tvsankar

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all,
One programme named "Ennodu paatu padungal" conducts by SPB.It is telecosting every Saturday by 8.00 pm in Jaya TV.

In today's programme, One male singer sang the song 'Vaan nila nila alla"

Indha padalai patri SPB yin malarum ninaivugal with MSV and Kannadhasan

SPB Sonnar " First MSV anna tune sonnar. Laa la laa laa laa nu sollitu kannadhasan engae, avan solvan enru.
Indha tune ai kettadhum kannadhasanuku kobam vandhu MSv kite," enna tuen ippadi pottu irukae laa la laa nu."

Adharku MSV Kannadhasanidam, "Unnal kavidhai solla mudiyalai na sollu.Nee kavidhai ezhudhi kudu.Naan tune pottukaren"

Idhai kettadhum Kannadhasanuku innum kobam vandhu kavidhai ezhudhi thandhar.

Adharku MSV sonnar." Avanuku kobam vandha seekirama kavidhai ezhudhiduvan.Eithanai laa ezhudhi irukan paru. Father in law , mother in law son in law thavira ella laa vai yum ezhudhi irukan paru"

Inimaiyana malarum ninaivugal with MSV and Kannadhasan. ADhai SPB solli ketkukm podhu innum konjam inimai adhigam.( Friendly voice il)

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All our sincere prayers that he recovers fast. I wish for him to be siranjeevee at all times. Thanks for the info. Vaidy.
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the point of comparison of voices between MSV and SPB, I would like to cite an incident mentioned by Vaali while replying to the felicitations in 'Endrendum Vaali' program.

MGRr wanted TMS to sing 'vetri meethu vetri vandhu ennai cherum' but MSV wanted SPB to be given a choice. SPB, at that time was yet to be established as a dominant singer. It required a lot of persuation from MSV to make MGR agree to this. As is well known, the song tuned out to be great. I think that the arresting music and the inspiring lyrics would make one forget about who the singer is!

It is left to one's imagination to feel how the song would have sounded, if sung by TMS. But, MSV knows for which songs SPB could be a match for TMS. More than that, MSV's kindness to help an upcoming singer was overwhelming. Vaali mentioned this incident and MSV's role in making KSG give a chance to Vaali in Karpagam, to highlight MSV's passion to nurture new talent and help in promoting it till it is able to sustain itself. Vaali appropriately concluded, " Vetri meethu vetri vandhu ennai cherum. Athai vaangi thantha perumai ellaam, MSV, unnai cherum!"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: