"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kavithai on MSV on MSV-Flash back Invite
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Kavithai on MSV on MSV-Flash back Invite Reply with quote

தினத்த்தந்தியும் வசந்த் ம் இணைந்து சாதகப்பறவைகளுடன் டிசம்பர் 21, 2008 அன்று வழங்கிய

எம் எஸ் வி இன் பிளாஷ்பாக் நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு அடிக்கப்பட்ட அழைப்பிதழில் இருந்த கவிதை, உங்கள் பார்வைக்கு.
படித்து மகிழவும் :

"எம் எஸ் வி"

இது
மெல்லிசையின் இனிஷியல் !
கேரள மண்ணில்
உதித்த கலைமகளின்
ஆர்மோனியப்பெட்டி
விஸ்வரூபமெடுத்து
அது விஸ்வநாத இசையாக் எழுந்த்து !

இவர்தான்
இசை உலகின்
தென் இந்திய தான்சேன் !

இவர்
கடந்து வந்த பாதையை
நினைவுகளின்
கால்களால் நடந்து பார்க்கிறார் !

அஹா !
வேர்வைத்துளிகள் எத்தனை..
போர்க்களங்கள் எத்தனை..
பூங்கொத்துக்கள் எத்தனை ..
வெற்றிப்படிகள் எத்த்னை ..

இலப்புள்ளியில் ஜனித்த
இசைப் பள்ளி..
அது..
ஸ்லேட் பிடிக்கும்
வயதினிலேயே
ஸ்வரங்களை பிடிக்க
ஆசை கொண்டது..!
ஆயிரம் சோதனைகளை மீறியே
அரங்கேறியது இந்த
அபூர்வ ராகம் !

இவர்..
ஏகலைவ இதயம்
ஏழு ஸ்வரங்களையும்
செவி வழியே விதைத்து
புவி வழியே விருட்சமானது !

நீலகண்ட பாகவத்ர்
இவருக்கு ஸ்வரம்
கற்றுக் கொடுத்தார்..!
இவரோ ..
மெல்லிசைக்கே புது வரம்
பெற்றுக்கொடுத்தார் ..!

ஸ்வரப்பயிற்சியும் - அதற்கான
அகரப் பயிற்சியும்..
இந்த கற்பூர சிகரத்தை
எரியச் செய்து .
உலகத்திற்கே தாம் யாரென
புரியச்செய்த்து !

கண்ணனூர் - இசைக்கு
கண் கொடுத்தது ..! இவருக்கு
பண் கொடுத்தது !

முதலில் ..
திரையரங்கின்
இடைவேளையில் விற்பனை ..
பிறகு
திரையரங்கமே ..
தாளம் போட்டது .. இவர்
சாதித்த சங்கீதக் கற்பனை !

நாடக உலகும் - திரையெனும்
ஊடக உலகும்
கதவுகளை அடைத்தது ..
இவரது
ஆர்மோனியப் பெட்டியின்
திறந்த சப்தத்தில்..
சங்கீதமே தன்னை தான் கேட்டு
சிலிர்த்துக் கொண்டது..!
கவியரசர் பாடல்களும்
சிறப்பித்துக் கொண்டது ..!

நன்றி : தினத்தந்தி, வசந்த்&கோ, சாதகப்பறவைகள்.

ராம்கி.

Last edited by msvramki on Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
tvsankar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

இலப்புள்ளியில் ஜனித்த
இசைப் பள்ளி..
அது..
ஸ்லேட் பிடிக்கும்
வயதினிலேயே
ஸ்வரங்களை பிடிக்க
ஆசை கொண்டது..!
ஆயிரம் சோதனைகளை மீறியே
அரங்கேறியது இந்த
அபூர்வ ராகம் !

Dear Ramki,
MSV ai patri oru Arumaiyana Unmai kavidhai - ungalidam irundhu.

Adhilum - kaadai stanza -

Idhai - Master
Mega Tv il Mudhal varathil,
avarudaiya isai anubavam patri solla arambikum vidhamaga,
thannudaiya anubavangalai sonnar. Appodhu,
adharkata avar patta kashtangalai
adakanama varthaigalal, velipaduthinar.
kettadhum - kannir vandhadhu.
Isaiyin mel avruku irundha asaiyum adharkaga patta
kashtangalaiyum - eppadi yelimaiyaga sonnar......

Humble Geniuous.....

Andha feelings ai ungal kavidhaiyim last stanza
velipaduthiyadhu Ramki Sir.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:55 am    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramki and friends,
I am shaken to my roots by the 'kavithai' on the invitation to MSV's fladhback. Besides uttering the truth, the kavithai makes us ponder over all our reminiscences and the emergent facts are:
1. Despite orchestrated hypes of planned aggrandisement, people HAVE TO TAKE NOTE OF MSV's GRANDEUR AS A PROVIDER OF SOLACE TO ALL MINDS GRIPPED BY THE HARSH REALITIES OF LIFE.
2. Naturally with the clumsy compositions pervading in movies, all experienced souls readily recall QUALITY as an item to CHERISH.
3. Whatever be the scale of publicity for later arrivals, songs composed 40+ years ago stay enticingly fresh and mesmerising after repeated listening over the decades.
4. MSV did not bat an eyelid of attempt to project himself, yet he holds the listener's in awe and ecstasy.
5. An MD honourably seated in Decorated 'SLMHASANAM'- the minds of listeners from any generation effortlessly . The message is
6. Soulful creations stay alive as souls and do not drop dead.
7. All MSVians please keep your head high in a tone of prestige reminding the dobting Thomases "APPODHAY SONNENAY KETTAYA" without having to engage in verbal exposition of MSV's evergreen mesmerics.
8. Quality can never be hidden / suppressed and would gloriously emerge like a fountain delighting all the onlookers whether they intended looking at it or not.
9 By his humility MSV has humbled everyone and has SILENTLY SILENCED ALL CRITICS WHO WERE taking shelter under TREND CHANGE.
10. ALREADY THE PERPETRATORS OF IMMORALITY OF RE-MIX have shown that they preferred to target MSV songs [a very high%] why. The stark truth is that they are unable to remember later composed songs that decomposed faster.
The inference is : adhere to quality, stay cool , do not resort to gimmicks, the world has to take note of quality by the compulsion from inadequacy elsewhere.
Thank you all, for the wonderful opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Lyrics Reply with quote

[quote="madhuraman"]Dear Mr.Ramki and friends,
I am shaken to my roots by the 'kavithai' on the invitation to MSV's fladhback. Besides uttering the truth, the kavithai makes us ponder over all our reminiscences and the emergent facts are:
1. Despite orchestrated hypes of planned aggrandisement, people HAVE TO TAKE NOTE OF MSV's GRANDEUR AS A PROVIDER OF SOLACE TO ALL MINDS GRIPPED BY THE HARSH REALITIES OF LIFE.
2. Naturally with the clumsy compositions pervading in movies, all experienced souls readily recall QUALITY as an item to CHERISH.
3. Whatever be the scale of publicity for later arrivals, songs composed 40+ years ago stay enticingly fresh and mesmerising after repeated listening over the decades.
4. MSV did not bat an eyelid of attempt to project himself, yet he holds the listener's in awe and ecstasy.
5. An MD honourably seated in Decorated 'SLMHASANAM'- the minds of listeners from any generation effortlessly . The message is
6. Soulful creations stay alive as souls and do not drop dead.
7. All MSVians please keep your head high in a tone of prestige reminding the doubting Thomases, "APPODHAY SONNENAY KETTAYA" without having to engage in verbal exposition of MSV's evergreen mesmerics.
8. Quality can never be hidden / suppressed and would gloriously emerge like a fountain delighting all the onlookers whether they intended looking at it or not.
9 By his humility MSV has humbled everyone and has SILENTLY SILENCED ALL CRITICS WHO WERE taking shelter under TREND CHANGE.
10. ALREADY THE PERPETRATORS OF IMMORALITY OF RE-MIX have shown that they preferred to target MSV songs [a very high%] why. The stark truth is that they are unable to remember later composed songs that decomposed faster.
The inference is : adhere to quality, stay cool , do not resort to gimmicks, the world has to take note of quality by the compulsion from inadequacy elsewhere.
Thank you all, for the wonderful opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.[/quote]
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

//இவரது
ஆர்மோனியப் பெட்டியின்
திறந்த சப்தத்தில்..
சங்கீதமே தன்னை தான் கேட்டு
சிலிர்த்துக் கொண்டது..!
கவியரசர் பாடல்களும்
சிறப்பித்துக் கொண்டது ..! //

முற்றிலும் உண்மை. ஏழு ஸ்வரங்களுமே அவர் கைகளில் விழுந்து தங்களை உணர்ந்து கொண்டது.
மெல்லிசை மன்னரின் இசை நமக்கு சந்தோஷம், உற்சாகம், ஆறுதல், அமைதி என்று எல்லாம் தரும் ஒரு கானம்ருதம்.
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் மீனாக்ஷி ,

மிகவும் சரியாக சொன்னீர்கள் !!!

அவரின் பாடல்கள் மூலம் நாம் அடையும் ஆனந்தத்திற்கு எல்லை இல்லை.

MSV RULES !!!
VENKAT
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

APPADAAA,

Venkat alias tvvr is only in our planet !

I almost thought he was on ChandraYAAn mission.

Why don't you write sir?

Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realised your statments while watching last week ENDRUM MSV PROG.
MSV SHOWN HOW HE COMPOSED AALAYA MANIYIN OOASAYAI &ULLATHIN NALLA ULLAM from his GOD PRESENTED HARMONIUM.
EVEN SHENOY GENIUS USED TO SAT UNDER MSV FEET TO TAKE NOTES

I could not able to reproduce the conversation but realised that spark when MSV played that above songs that too fraction of second. one can only exoerience it and cannot be explained.

regards
ramesh
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mrs. Malathi,

Your Kavithai is fine. Like Vaali, you are good at playing with words.
But reading the transliteration in English is a bit difficult. I will offer a suggestion for writing Tamil in asimple way.

Go to:
http://www.vikatan.com

Register as a user. It is free and takes only a minute. Download the Tamil font from this website.

Login, go to 'My Box' on the top menu and open புதிய மடல்

Compose by typing English alphabets on your keyboard. Copy and paste in MSVtimes forum.

a அ

aa or A ஆ

i இ

ii or I ஈ

ka க

kaa or kA கா

ki கி

kii or kI கீ

ku கு

கூ

kuu or kU
ke

kee or kE

ky

nga ங‌

ca ச‌

nja ஞ‌

na ந‌ (if it is the first letter of the word) or ன‌

Na ண‌

Wa ந‌

ra ர

‌Ra ற‌

va வ‌

la ல‌

La ள‌

za ழ

Sa ஸ‌

xa க்ஷ‌

I have not been able to figure out Sri

You can switch over from Tamil to English or from English to Tamil by pressing F12 key.

this is very simple and easy to use.

You will learn the nuances easily.
Others like Mrs. Usha Shankar, who use more Tamil can also try this.

Our moderator has also posted on how to write Tamil using the ekalappai script. .
You can try that also. But somehow, it does not work for me.

தமிழைத் தமிழில் எழுதினால் தடையின்றி, தடுமாறாமல் படிக்கலாம்தானே?

It is only a suggestion.

You can write in English, if you find it more convenient.

நன்றி
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள திரு ராம்கி அவர்களே

மிகவும் அருமையான கவிதை. மிகவும் ஆத்மார்த்தமாக இயற்றி உள்ளீர்கள். சில வரிகள் நெஞ்சை வருடுகின்றன.
மெல்லிசை சக்ரவர்த்தியை கற்பூர சிகரம் என வர்ணித்தது சரியே. தன்னை உருக்கி தன்னை சுற்றிலும் ஒளியையும் வாசத்தையும் அளிக்கும் கற்பூரத்தைப்போல அவரும் தன் உள்ளத்தை உருக்கி அல்லவா அழியா வரம் பெற்ற இசையை நமக்கு வழங்கி உள்ளார். வெறும் பணத்திற்காகவோ அல்லது புகழிற்காகவோ மட்டும் எம் எஸ் வி அவர்கள் இசை அமைக்கவில்லை.

"இவரோ ..
மெல்லிசைக்கே புது வரம்
பெற்றுக்கொடுத்தார் ..!"

இந்த வரிகளில் தான் எத்தனை ஆழமான அர்த்தங்கள் உள்ளன. ஒரு சகாப்தத்தையே ஒரு வரியில் சொல்லி விட்டீர்கள்.
மிகவும் நன்றி! நன்றி! நன்றி!!!

என்றும் உங்கள் அன்புக்குரிய
Vatsan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:21 pm    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

rAgam thEdi alayum isai ulagil
idayam thEdum MSV-yE.........

Lest anybody should think that MSV is "searching" for the elusive heart, that was a poetic reference to MSV's hearty presence.....

rAgam thEdi alayum isai ulagil, rAgangaL avarai thEdi varuvathu oru silirpu Erpaduthhum thanmai.....matravai salippu thAn Erpaduthhum....

As in rAga mAligai where several ragas are used, MSV's melodies are isai mAligais....several genres of melodies step in and leave...all in one song....reminding listeners that true fusion music automatically happens to immensely blessed composers who don't classify music. Lesser mortals who indulge in mastering musical rules painstakingly fuse rules across 2 genres of music and tom tom their abilities to produce fusion music. It is only appropriate for us to prefix that with "Con" indicating what they are upto and the word in totality "Confusion" pointing to the status of their musical existence.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Dr SRS and friends,
About the Endrum MSV programme [retelecast on 24-1-09]Dr. SRS has referred to "AnbE vA" and the songs there of. To recall what MSV said, "People say "AnbE vA" performed well by its music". As we know, all MSV statements on his own works are always understatements.
"AnbE vA" was a landmark item from more than one point of view.
1. The first movie for MGR under AVM banner.
2. A total shift in script and dialogues pleasantly refreshing without the structured formula patented for MGR movies [mother, villain, revenge and love with a vengeance]
3. Also, the first colour movie from the house of AVM [if I am wrong, please correct me].
4. MSV's first mega movie after 1000 il oruvan which was by MSV-TKR .
5. MSV again firmly established his credentials as a supreme composer in any genre of music; as many as 10 songs he has composed for this movie alone. ALL TURNED OUT MEGA HITS. LOOK AT THE VARIETY OF SONGS IN A SINGLE MOVIE.
6. 'rAjAvin pArvai' received the RAAAJa pAArvai of MSV by a heavenly blend of notes orchestral surprises with a perpetual dreamy float , vociferously silencing any claim from any other quarter.
Several ideas went into the making of the movie sequence for 'rAjAvin pArvai'. Portrayal of heavenly mood did not settle for the usual dense smoke through which characters would move. Instead a novel effort was made.
At the backdrop of the Chariot, colour cellophane sheets were hung after crumbling their surfaces. These sheets could be rolled up or down or sideways independently so as to reveal any numbers of colour backdrops at a time. Care was taken to keep them off focus so that faint glitters of colour would flash off as these papers are moved by gentle rolling through light beams from sides. Next time if you see the song , take your eyes off MGR BS pair and watch the backdrop magic further mesmerised by the heavenly humming from MSV's troupe of singers / orchestra. Once again, it is technique that matters even if there is no technology.
Certainly people were quite ahead mentally. At no stage we can see the cart moving though the wheels are shown rotating. A brilliant simulation of a moving chariot without movig it, though moving the audience.
'People say the movie performed by its songs'-- says MSV. That is MSV.
He never tries to sound 'claiming'. But, we should have the honesty to give him all the credit for every one of his stupenduous pieces.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Masurai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
Some titbits about Anbe Vaa and its music.
Shri.MSV in an interview told that he requested AVM chettiar for a Piano to compose this song.
Composed music with some optical instruments especially arranged from Bombay.
Jaikishen (Shankar) has called MSV and asked about the compositions of Anbe Vaa.
Lakshman Shruthi in an interview told that none of the light music orchestra were able to reproduce the music of Raajavin Paaravai.

Even after 43 years, the re-recording, songs still remains fresh...

This will remain fresh even in 2066 and forever.

That is the mag(us)ic of Anbe Vaa... Smile
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:02 am    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Shankar,

On some of your points on the movie"anbEvA", I wish to state the following. BASICALLY I AM AN IMPOVERISHED ANALYST. My poverty in this domain on music analysis saves the botheration of reading my write-ups for all those who have one and only interest i.e., MUSIC.
Unfortunately, despite my inadequacy I am a member. So, I try to share what little I know. No monder, I donot contribute much.
Coming to your doubt [based on what I had said], the first work for MSV [after parting from TKR] was "Kalangarai viLakkam". But, what I said was "anbe vA" was the first MEGA MOVIE after "1000 il oruvan"[MSV-TKR]. Why I had to pitch on this point was the music fans of MMs at that critical hour were divided on 1 point - who was the leader MSV or TKR? Also there was a tentative hold up in MSV products that were under movie production. By then, a couple of TKR movies came out giving some unreliable clues. Once 'Kalagarai viLakkam" came the judgement revealed itself.
Reverting to MSV's situation then
"anbe vA" was a colour movie,MGR as hero in AVM ! with a light hearted theme, literally devoid of MGR formula of mother, villain , girl[s] longing for the hero.
Though light-hearted, the movie was intended to be a blockbuster from its very star cast [the tested amd trusted pair MGR , BS].
The whole movie was shot in picturesque locales of India including in that AraNmur palace of Nilgiris.
The movie had to be carried by the bonanza of music and AVM Chettiar was too well aware of it and obviously chose MSV, having already watched the pair[MDs] working in their earlier projects in their studios. ANOTHER TIT BIT - MSV was the lone MD to have been given a room exclusively for his use in AVM 'C' Theatre; If I am not wrong ; till 90s MSV had used it also. It is a pointer to Chettiar's regard for MSV.
With all these compulsions in mind if we try to visualize the then pressure on MSV to make a movie sail through simply by music, we can understand why I refer to 'anbe vA' as a mega movie for MSV.
Certainly it is a child's play for MSV, but when all eyes are focussed on YOU, it is quite an unnerving moment; that can not be brushed aside. But MSV made it to the box office long before the movie was screened. All these factors held my attention to state that "anbe vA" was the FIRST MEGA MOVIE FOR MSV.
Sorry friends, if I have eaten into your time, just to explain a perception of mine. Thank you all for the opportunity.
parthavi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,
I am taking the liberty of disputing your claim. Having read your posts, I cannot accept your claim that you are an 'impoverished' analyst. On the other hand, you are an 'improvising' analyst, since your analysis always provides new insights into the works of the great musical improviser of our times.
I would like you to take more and more of my time!
Regards[/b]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: