"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV SINGS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER MD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: MSV SINGS AGAIN FOR ANOTHER MD Reply with quote

HI
WHAT A GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!!

Our great does it again , after singing for V kumar , Ilayaraja, Bharatwaj,Ar Rahman ,
Msv now sings for music director Sundar C babu
( veenai chitti babus son and vallai meenukkum Vilangu meenukkum kalyanam pugazh )
here is the news item in chennai times dt 22/12/2008 page 7.

MUSIC DIRECTOR SUNDAR .C BABU IS A HAPPY MAN THESE DAYS AND THE REASON FOR HIS HAPPINESS , HE SAYS IS A SONG THAT HE HAS COMPOSED FOR IN THE FILM PANCHAMIRTAM .
I RECENTLY COMPOSED MUSIC FOR THE SONG PALANIA VITTU PATTANAM VANTHA PANCHAMIRITAM. the song was written by lyricist Vaali , and sung BY NONE OTHER THAN VETERN MUSIC DIRECTOR M.S.VISWANATHAN . ITS LIKE A DREAM COME TRUE HE SAYS A VISIBLY EXCITED SUNDAR
it was a sudden decision. the producer and the director wanted a song to reflect the whole theme . the lyrics for the song were written by vaali sir and i decised the BEST PERSON TO SING THAT SONG WAS MSVSIR, he says making no effort to hide his delight .
the last time MSV sir sang was for Rahman in the film SANGAMAM , after that he has sung for me , the director informs

ask him , whom ,he would have chosen next , had MSV refused to sing , he says 'I WOULD HAVE CHANGED THE SONG "

unquote
Nothing surprising , to those who has heard Acharya singing ENNAKORU KATHALI , in Endrum MSV , or in MSV IN FLASH BACK

Long live MSV , and many more years of busy singing by this no 1 SINGER .

many of you may be aware , Chittibabu, played veena in the film " KALAIKOIL
'
hope we get to hear this song soon .
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Ram , i have also heard that song , a typical MSV song , with emotions so packed .

With out offending any one , i would like to add , amongst old timers , his is the only voice , which is good , and saleble .
you agree
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear VK,

You are quite correct about what you say regarding MSV's voice. Despite being an octagenarian, his voice still packs punch and is loaded with emotion.

Correctly or incorrectly, some people believe that those singers who habitually sing with a high pitch lose their voice much earlier compared to those who sing using a low pitch. Singers in this forum may know better.

But, I recently watched a video clip on YouTube of our Mellisai Maamannar in the Idea Star singer programme (Asianet). He sang the song - Kannuneer thulliye with so much emotion that my heart just melted. One could hardly tell it apart from the original which he sang many decades ago. He also sang few lines of "Pullanguzhal kodutha moongilgaley" . I have seen many young singers struggle to sing this song because of the high pitch with which TMS has sung the same song originally. But our Musical Genius sang the few lines so effortlessly that I felt that MSV could have easily out-performed even TMS as far as this song was concerned.In the same programme he gives a little demonstration of how he created several tunes based on the same sandham. It is a delight to watch and listen.

May God bless him.

Regards,
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks dr.

I am ready to take a bet , he has been one of the best singer of all times , and THE BEST SINGER-MD.

i donot want to compare him , with any new singers , and definitely , he maintains his own zeal , and tempo , when he sings even now , with the same enthu .

i donot know , whether he still practices , but its GOD'S GIFT more than to him , for us

we are blessed -
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: