"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ENRENDRUM MSV IN MEGA TV
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A suggestion to the moderator.
I found another string of posts on the same topic in the forum. While that link comes under the forum, this string of posts is under 'latest updates. ' It is possible that some who read one set of posts may miss the other. Will it be possible to bring all posts under the forum (uner one link). The 'latest updates' may be used to post information to the members with no provision for members to post their comments.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

thanks alot fr the compliments - but i am only the reporter . if the reporting is good , that means the stuff reported is good - Ella pugazhum MSV k

dear mahesh

the details of Msv programme is done as separate thread , so any one can write on what they will see

thanks

for all - i happened to speak to athavan on MEGA Tvs ENRUM MSV

i have given a few suggestions

a) we need introduce another guest like singers or vaalee -who can talk about how the songs are composed , and the great efforts by MSv .
unfortunately MSV belongs to the rare breed shying away from glory and not to speak about his achievemments . always complimenting story situation , artistes etc . so Msvs real achievemnets are nopt show cased .
however much athavan tries .

athavan was good enough to accept my concern , and he also added he was doing valiant attempts to open up MSV - which sofar hasnot happened .but he said in forthcoming programmes - he never allowed MSV to go in his famous shell against praises . he also said ALRE . PBS,SPB , will be appearing in forth coming episodes .

b) my second suggestion - was to involve MSV in a composing session which will be a document for the generations to come -probably , he can pick up a song of Kannadasan from any of his poetry .

he said he would try this

c) my next suggestion is to involve his fans to talk to him and question him - for this he actually said that even auditorium was made ready - unfortunately it didnot go through . he would try and accomodate when this programme is extended beyond 40 .by all probability this wpould judging from the response .

I really apprecited and acknowleged his greates efforts , in bringing in the beauties of Melody king .

as per him - its a duty of any tamizh to honor and put on pedestal both kannadasan and mSV . He was very sad that kannadasan is not alive , as the project on the duo would be out of the world . but he now sees kannadasan in MSV

he seemed to a ardent devotee of KD.

He signed off saying to get in touch with him often

i request all of you , to find time to send the reviews to the MEGA tv

and our unified response , will definitely make this cross much more episodes

thanks
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: re telecast on 20/12. Reply with quote

RETELECAST ON 20/12/08

A few incidents of this episode have been discussed already , but still I will go along with all is missed in the forum
The episode , started with the title song
IRAIVAN VARUVAN AVAN ENDRUM MSV ., Same tune as iraivan varuvan .from shanthi nilayam . this song praises all the lyric writes , MDs , in the concluding place , MM , will conclude
“ETHANAI PATTU POTTALUM , ITHUVEY ENN MUTHAL PATTU “ – Atypical MSV .
ENNAKORU KATHALI IRUKINDRAL – this is sung by anathu , and isai perarinjer
When we listen this song , while MSv sings , you will feel not only blessed, but also thank god ,
At 80 + , he sings the same way as he did some 30 years back . oh what a melody . top be experienced than to be written .
Ms v said , that there was a competition between him and balu , and in most places balu beat me ,
The height of the modesty is , of course , what MSV added – of course balu is a better singer than me
While entire film play back singers united in saying , they feel ashamed, not being able to reproduce , even 50 % of what MM sings – he claims Balu is the better singer .than him
Probably , that’s fathers pride of his son .
Mm re affirmed that he is first rasigan , then only MD .
He also narrated an incident that a 10 year old girl , walked up to him and asked him , whether he sang thinking about her . For which MM had replied , I have a lover with 7 swaras . such is the reach of the song .
KETTUKODI URUUMMI MAELAM –pattikada patanamma
The tune is combination of western + folk , even after 3 days after the tune was created , KD did not get the right pallavi . Sivaji asked MM , whether the song was ready , and MSv said not yet even after 3 days . Then Shivaji had told to inform KD the following ;
KETTUKODI URUMMI MAELAM -------PATTIKATTU RAGAM BHAVAM . shivaji had told if Shivaji tells KD, he would not accept, so , you tell him , as you used to tell some pallavis .thats how , msv gave that pallavi , and after that KD , completed the song with out any further thought , appreciating the pallavi

Later in the releasing function , shivaji broke the secret that the pallavi was actually written by AMMU (jayalalitha ) and not him .
We came to know , not only the another face of JJ , but also the broad mindness of KD to accept any thing good , and shivaji admission .
As per Athavann , the kuthu pattu , was done a long years ago. For this MSV recollected another song
Varushathai paaru 66, uruvathai paru 26 – from kumara Penn ., In this song you will get chorus JINJINNAKADI , JINJNINAKKADI – this song became very popular , more than that the JINJINNAKADI , JINJNINAKKADI.
After the song became a grant hit , one of the producers , wanted a song like “j JINJINNAKADI , JINJNINAKKADI .. kavinger was so puzzled , as he did not remember writing any such song .then msv told inclusion of his thoughts , in Kds song , which K D was not aware . and also got it from KD for his ACT .
He says that whatever type of song – only Matter maters .
NEERODUM VAIGAIYILAE NINRADUM MEENA
Think this is discussed many a time in this forum, . what was missed out by all of us is
KDs possessiveness over MSV – MSV said that KD would sit with many Mds for composition , while he would not put up Msv doing the same with other Lyric writers .
Only his possessiveness over MSV brought this subject out . Since KD did not meet MSV for 4-5 days , he came to see MSV in sarada studios . and Bheem bhai had told KD , that the wonderful work , by MSv , with Just whistle , and Humming for a Lullaby .
Lullabies from the team of MSV-TKR-BHeembhai-KD , always a hit , from the days of chinanchiru kannmalar from pathi bakthi , eaen piranthai maganey …etc.
So they wanted to go on experimentation ,thus came out neerodum vaigaiyilay with just Whistle and humming . Whistle was by Mandolin Raju – who was a METHAI . Gnanasthan -in the words of maa mathai .
After listening to the song , KD told MSV – arrivukettavaney and left .
With in ½ hr , Entered NT along with KD , enquiring about the same song . though he was appreciative , NT insisted KD to write the song , and by that time KD was ready with the lyric , and it got recorded , and sung excellently by TMS PS with jeevan in , and the song became popular .
MSV was very moved when the lines

KATHAL ENNUM PARISSU THANTHEN KATTILIN MALEY
ANTHA KARUNAIKKU NAAN PARISSU THANTHAEN THOTTINIL MELAY
Arumaiyanna kavithai , illai marivu kai maraiva pala vishayangal sollividuvar kavinger .
Msv was asked , why Whistle is used prodominently in many of his songs . his answer was whenever
Any one gets KUSHI , immediately he starts whistling , which is natural and realistic , thats why right from Antha naal muthal – Its has been successful .

ANGUM INGUM PATHAI UNDU- AVARGAL
The incident told by MSV , brought to light his talent of composing .
MSV as well as KD , were very busy in their own way , and could not meet for days together .At that time , KD ‘S Birthday was celebrated in University Auditorium . ALL PROMINENT directors , artistes were there , and Kb also Came to the function , and picked up the mike from KD , which actually irked KD. Once on mike ,KB, requested audience , to permit him , to use , MSV /KD to compose a song , which should be shot 2 days later . as per KB . he was not able to get the call sheets of both together , and hence to use up this opportunity .. (KARUMBU THINNACOOLIA ) THUS came out one of the master pieces of all concerned ANGUM INGUM – it was composed in 1 ½ hrs , recorded the next day , and was shot the next day .
(I envy the public who attended that function .)
CHIIP IRUKKUTH MUTHUM IRUKKUTHU
Inspired by DUOS throwing challenges to each others , friendly fights , seendals . KB made them compose the same way , and picturised , what I recon , one of the top 10 songs of TFM . ,
MSV was very appreciative of the fact how , the blossom of love is shown in that song .
Challenges are always met , and MM narrated an incident which took place at Loyola face to fack programme .
During this programme , 4 men confronted MSV , on his composing capability, and said composing on spot is just gimmick .then MM , asked some one fetched Harmonium from the car , and asked fr the lyric . On getting the same , he tuned it . the 4 men were taken back, and apologized .
MM CONCLUDED , HE IS ABLE TO FIND THE RYTHEM IN ANY MATTER – THAT’S THE MATTER .
S.V.Srinivasan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ada pongappa. Kadandha sila vaarangalaga, ever since this program (Enrum MSV) started, I have become a terrible householder and an even worse host. Between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m., I don't talk to anybody, sit glued before the TV, resent having to go out, and hate any phonecalls or visitors.

I don't think I'll have any friends or sympathetic relatives left by the time this program reaches the final episode.

Ella puniyamum MSVke.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: