"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV's PIANO CONCERT - EXPERIENCES II
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram N Ramakrishnan

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: on a final note on the concert............... Reply with quote

I dont know about others. But this is my true experience.

Unfortunately I couldnt focus on the stage to figure out who's who. As the first notes came out of the piano from the fingers of the doyen, there were tears in my eyes. I didnt cry, I was not emotional, I had come to enjoy the concert, but this is what happened. And by the time the first song was about to start, I was secretly wiping away the tears, more in fear of momentary embarassment. But that was just for moments, as I continued to hear the piano notes of unnai onru ketpen, the tears flowed again. Thereafter my face - half covered by a beard and a quarter by aging glasses camoflauged the tears and those tears continued the last song. Despte the odd looks from both sides of my chair, I let my heart rule over my head. The only conscious thing I did was to focus my ears towards the left side of the stage to decipher what was being played, and identify them in the midst of an already brilliant orchestra. Unfortunately I couldnt see who was doing what as the tears made the stage, full of haze and fog, but what I heard were fingers that played tunes that were close to my heart, notes that have captured many a sulking moment, piano chord progressions that bewildered me to the very moment I heard them live at the Museum Theatre. I walked back after the concert, with tears in my eyes, and whenever I recall the concert I still get them....... even as I write this little piece. Music is an integral part in many lives, but there are only a few who create them for your heart and MSV's music is at the epicentre. Remember whenever your heart is full of joy or empty with sadness, the only reflection can be through tears. I dont know whether my heart was full or empty on that day, but I know for sure that unconsciously it was shedding tears because it was partly full (you cannot get better) partly empty (such an opportunity will be rare again). I salute the organizers, the troupe and above all, our beloved MSV for always taking music to the hearts of people and making them feel in the same way as me.......Ram N Ramakrishnan
msvramki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

As I read your 'deep-from-your-heart' writing on the 'MSV on Piano'
event, only one of its kind, of course, tears rolled out of my eyes and
as I wipe them out, I am typing this message.

Whatever your have said, has been my feeling too and I am sure that is how every one in the entire hall felt that day !

I was standing on the stage most of the time and the entire hall would have been witnessing my tear-full-eyes all through the event and I did not feel odd at all since everyone in the hall was so !

We will create unique events like this now and then , definitely !

Thanks, Ram, for your wonderful write-up !!

Regards
Ramki
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: How to Register Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram N.Ramakrishnan,
You have made a lively posting once again. Every time you drop in, it is with a bang. This time the bang is truly magnificent because your narrative is an honest reproduction of what you feel on an occasion. The beat from your heart is loud and clear though it is not Bongo this time. Truly an influential writing suggesting how to write what one has to. May god bless you with all that is good.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman at Navi Mumbai.
S.SATHYAVAGEESWARAN

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear MSV friends,

I fully endorse the feelings beautifully expressed by Sri.Ram Ramakrishnan on the MSV on Piano event. I was also full of emotions through out the programme, while I enjoyed every number. My eyes were on MSV only throughout, enjoying his playing the piano as well as his conducting the orchestra. I remember his performances right from sixties normally conducted in Music Academy, University auditorium or Kamaraj Arangam. enjoying the orchestration of the great MSV who was young and very active. Even today I could see the same MSV full of enthusiasm. Such a great man he is! He is special to all of us!

No doubt, all the members will have the same feelings when they witnessed the programme. This indicates, how MSV's melodies have ruled the hearts of every one of us.

Thank you Mr.Ram Ramakrishnan!

With regards,

S.Sathyavageeswaran
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram Ramakrishnan

Though this is only your 6th posting, you score more than a century in each of your posts.
To tell in Rajinikanth’s style, I should say “Neenga oru posting pannina nooru post pannina madhiri…”...Smile

I agree with you 100% on your write-up.
Only thing is that I could not deliver my experience / feelings as good as you.

This is really one of the most wonderful postings of this forum.

Tears came from my eyes too, very often particularly when our beloved master played the Piano. (What a lucky Piano that was).

Expecting many more such postings from you…
Please do not give long breaks and I kindly request you to come out of the Newbie avatar… Smile
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venkat wrote:
What a lucky Piano that was

MSV had played my keyboard on my parent's 25th wedding anniversary.

பொருளாய் இருந்தது பொக்கிஷமானது !!
Ramesh.P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everyone

touching mail from Ram. Nowadays I use to just rewind my mind to 28th sep evening and recollect the rarest event. Vaidy sir yet to announce about DVD of this programme. Sad . Waiting for the precious info.

regards
ramesh
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Fellow MSVians
I have been reading this thread over and over for the last hour or so.
Thanks to the writings of Professor Raman, Mr.Vaidy and Mr.Ramakrishnan, I was able to visualize how great an experience it would have been, had I been there. I sincerely thank Mr.Ramki,Mr.Vaidy and other core crew members for arranging such a momentous event. I only wish I had been there. My eyes filled with tears when I read Mr.Ramakrishnan's post and I am able to understand how he felt. I am already feeling nostalgic. It is also nice to know that we have a vocal and eloquent supporter in the guise of Mr.Vidyasagar.

[b]Sangeetha Saraswathy MSV must be declared a National Treasure and honoured with Bharat Ratna award as a matter of urgency.[/b]

For people like me who were not fortunate enough to be present at this memorable event, a DVD of the programme will prove to be a worthy treasure. I am eagerly looking forward to the release of this DVD. In the short term, even an audio CD will do.
Once again, I am grateful to MSVTIMES.com for organizing this event.
May the God Almighty grant a long and healthy life to Sangeetha Saraswathy MSV so that he could give us many more performances like this.

With sincere regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Vaidy Sir,

Many thanks for uploading few clips of the rehearsal for the programme MSV UNPLUGGED on Youtube. I stumbled across these video clippings when I was surfing Youtube for any new additions on MSV.

The video of Mellisai Maamannar playing the piano was mesmerizing. Nearly four minutes of eternal bliss listening and watching the Legend's fingers play magic! Just these few minutes of rehearsals themselves prove so interesting, I can only imagine how absorbing and enthralling the actual programme would have been. This has simply heightened my desire to watch the DVD of the programme in its entirety.

These video clippings can be accessed by entering the search terms 'MSV unplugged' in YOUTUBE.

Thanks and warm regards,
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are faces that inspire life and the mankind
master has got one
it is not easy to be master in the field and being a master it is not easy to sustain for long and even after sustaining it is not a simple task to be weight less thru the career
have you ever heard in cinema or in other field complaining about our master for something or the other.
this sucess is gifted by god, his mother and his simplicity which makes a man to get melt

his life is music and his msuic is life
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Damodaran,

Thank you very much Very Happy What a sight to watch the Master playing the Grand Piano !!! Amazing touch , the old class always intact ! We are really blessed souls today. Thank you Sir.

Dear Vaidy, Pls arrange for the Video of the entire show.
parthavi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday(15th Feb 2009) in Endrum MSV,SP Muthraman shared his experience of listening to MSV's piano concert. He said he was stunned (bramichchu poyittom)

This was an event which many of us had missed for various reasons. I would appeal to the core team to upload this program in our site for our benefit. (Along with this,the whistling tribute also.) If this is not possible,if the DVDs could be released soon, we can buy and get the pleasure that we have missed.

Many thanks in anticipation.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:19 pm    Post subject: CONCERT TO REMEMBER FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Damodharan & Elite Members

I am glad that you happened to watch the clippings of the rehearsal of "Varthaigal Sollum Vadhyangal" that was uploaded by me on youtube. The Core Crew is in the process of uploading many such clippings in our site itself. As it is a herculean task to revamp the whole site, and considering the enormous data that has to be uploaded, it is taking much time. My request to all members would be to wait and watch this site in all it's great new looks that is going to bowl over everyone.

MSVTIMES - TIME OF OUR LIVES!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I have read with great enthusiasm the journalistic touch and the emotional angle of the members in reporting the events of the piano concert. As an unfortunate being to have missed the event live, I eagerly await the release of a DVD of the piano concert as well as the whistling events. Kindly announce the details once this is made available.

I pray that all the kind souls, sacrificing their time for arranging this event, be blessed by God in abundance.
Sai Saravanan
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear friends

i just thought that we can rewind someparts of the best programme that msvtimes.com cameup with thanks toour core team
part 1 goes like this

Probably those who are starving for msv's speech , may feel happy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF_VmSmGNy8
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: