"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naan ezhudhum ezhuthellam by Kaviarasar Kannadasan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:06 pm    Post subject: Naan ezhudhum ezhuthellam by Kaviarasar Kannadasan Reply with quote

Hello esteemed MSVians,

I wonder if any of you could help me. During my school days, I used to regularly read a section in Kumudham. It featured Kaviarasar Kannadasan. The readers would send a 'first line' and he used to turn it into a complete poem. Very remarkable! Just before he fell terminally ill, he wrote one such poem. The first line sent in by the reader was - NAAN EZHUDHUM EZHUTHELLAM NARKAVIDHAI AAVADHENIL. The poem went on something like this: Thaan ezhudhum Brahmanavan thalaiezhuthum veinndaamo, Oon ezhudhum kavidhai idhu udambezhudhum kavidhai idhu, Ullirukkum Kannabiran udan irundhey ezhudhuvadhu. Vaan muzhudhum megangal vari variyai nindraalaum,mamazhaikku vaippirukkum manimugilgal ethanayo ------I used to remember this by heart. But I seem to have forgotten the lines.
I will be grateful if any one who knows this poem can post the same. I am quite hopeful because the most ardent and knowledgeable admirers of Kaviarasar are invariably admirers of our Musical Legend and hence my posting this question in this forum.
By the way my sincere apologies for writing this in English. I am unable to use Tamil script in my computer (most likely because I am not doing it right).
Warm regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Any Topic Reply with quote

Dear Dr.Damodharan pachaiyappan,
Thank you for this excellent reference to Kavi arasu. From your indicating the stage of terminal illness of Kaviarasu, it should have appeared in july or August 1981.We can even request Kumudam to publish those pieces once again from their archieves. Besides we being able to collect those pieces again , the younger generation would get an over due opportunity to recognize the dimensions of Kavignar and why after 26 years of his demise still he pervades the minds of Tamils. With your present situation I trust you can send an e-mail to KUMUDAM AND THEY HAVE A WEBSITE TOO that you may access for some contacts. Anyway it will be a great service to Tamils if Kumudam brings out those pieces as a mark of respect to Kannadasan. For my part I shall send a letter to the publisher [hard copy] for them to consider the request from general public.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Ram

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great thread sir... Really nice to know these items in Kumudam and as our professor said it will be of a great value and interest for future...

We also have a series by "Mellisai Mannar" - "Naan Oru Rasigan" - featured in Kumudam (or Vikatan?) thro' many weeks... My dad has the complete collection of it (as a hard copy)...

Not only Kumudam I also thought (last few days) about Ananda Vikatan and other magazine's archives which will give more information about the "Golden Era"... Does online version of these magazines have the archives, as our Professor suggested ??? anyone who has seen it, can just reply here..

And one more thought/suggestion, we can take this Kavithai ("Naan Ezhudum") to our legend and ask him to tune for it... Am sure he would be delighted to do that, as it is from his "Musical better half" - Kavi Arasar !!!
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice piece of info from Dr Damodaran and Prof.

We should try get the acrchives republished in the respective magazines and post them here too, if we manage to get.

Ram,

When I started reading the Kavithai posted by Dr Damodaran,
I immediately thought " how about giving this to our Emperor and request him tune !". To my surprise ( sorry, it is not a surprise,
we always think alike !) I saw the same point in your posting.

We can have this as an item in the forthcoming 'MSVTIMES.COM ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS" . MSV will definitely be pleased to tune it (of course spontaneously on the stage ) for us ( for his sake too - after all it is the kavithai of his inseparable partner Kaviarasar !).

"Naan Oru Rasigan" was published in AnandaVikatan, sheets of which were preserved by us.

Ramki
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We can have this as an item in the forthcoming 'MSVTIMES.COM ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATIONS" . MSV will definitely be pleased to tune it (of course spontaneously on the stage ) for us ( for his sake too - after all it is the kavithai of his inseparable partner Kaviarasar !).

Very good idea Ramky . The Master will be at his cheerful best if he hears something about Kaviarasar .
Our hubber Manisekaran has lots of information on MSV-Kannadasan relationship. Hope he posts more such in future.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the story goes like this

years back there was a competition org by kumudam whcih said the readers to give the first line so that ( mudhal adi) kannnadasn can finsih the poem

a muslim gentlemen gave this following line nanezhuthum ezhutahallam narkavitha avethenil --

kannadasan writes as follows

thanezhuthum brahmanavan thalaezhuthum vendamoe

oonezhuthum kavaithaiithu , udaezhuthum kavaithaethu ullirukkkum kannabiran udanirunthu ezhuthuvathu

it goes on

i will get the copy an dgive it to ramki so that he can download or upload this in our site

baskar c.s.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: