"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Director Sridhar Passed Away

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Director Sridhar Passed Away Reply with quote

Dear All,

It is with a deep regret I post the news that Director Sridhar is no more with us. But we all know he, who ruled the Tamil Film Industry with his 'Quest-for-Quality' movies, will always be in our hearts, forever.

MSVTimes pays heartfelt condolenses for the family of this all-time legend.

Article from Indiaglitz.com

Veteran Director Sridhar Passes Away

[Monday, October 20, 2008]

One of the ultimate hit makers of yesteryear and the man with the Midas touch Sridhar, who is also considered to be a trend setter in modern Tamil cinema, has left the world.

He entered the film industry as a dialogue writer when his play 'Ratha Pasam' was adapted as a film. He made his debut as a director with 'Kalyanaparisu' which was a mega hit.

The film maker of age 63 was paralysed for the past few years and his death was caused due to a cardiac arrest. He is the person who introduced the former actress and AIADMK leader J Jayalaithaa in a movie titled as 'Venniraadai', veteran comedian Nagesh and numerous other actors.

Sridhar is responsible for coming out with some of the best romantic comedies in Tamil cinema like 'Thenilavu' having Gemini Ganesan and Vyjayanthi Mala Bali in the lead roles. This movie was also the first Tamil film to be shot in Jammu and Kashmir.

Some other prominent films made by Sridhar like 'Thendraley Ennai Thodu', 'Amara Deepam', 'Azhage Unnai Aarathikkirean', 'Urimai Kural', 'Kaadhalikka Neramillai', 'Nenjam Marappathillai', 'Policekaran Magal', 'Nenjil Ore Alayam', 'Vidivelli, 'Kalyana Parisu', 'Ooty Varai Uravu', 'Sumaithaangi', 'Avalukkendru Oru Manam', 'Sivantha Mann', 'Vennira Aadai', and 'Ilamai Oonjalaadugirathu' proved that he was equally adept at making light-hearted movies.

He introduced several talents to Tamil cinema like Venniradai Nirmala, Venniradai Murthy and Srikanth through his film 'Venniradai'.

Ravichandran was introduced in 'Kadhalikka Neramillai' and Vikram in 'Thanthuvitten Ennai'. His 'Thendralae Ennai Thodu' featured Jayashree making her debut in Kollywood. He was the mentor of ace director P Vasu.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/16566.html

Last edited by Ram on Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:33 am; edited 3 times in total
baroque

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad news, Ram!
My thoughts & Prayers are with his family & friends..
My condolences to Shri.MSV-TKR & all the professionals worked with the GREAT MAN, got to know him better than us.
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PEACE!

Nenjam marapadhillai....... Un ninaivai izhapadhillai....
yeah, Sridhar Saab!
What an epitome of film making!
Thanks for all the wonderful gifts from you for our life..
Now sleep in peace!
Vinatha.
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtesy Indiaglitz.com

The Master, apparently broken-down! Lets pray for his mental solace.

Ram

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unforgettable, Gopu!

Sridhar:

With MakkaL Thilagam

All images, courtesy Indiaglitz.com
ragasuda

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Tribute to Sridhar Reply with quote

Just now say the visual of MM bursting out of tears at Sridhar's house. The same applies to us. He was a mentor for cinema fans of 60s and 70s and he remains till date. He converted the verbal media into a visual one. And though initially his association was close to AM Raja, he developed a deep association with MM which has now become phenomenal. Innumerable films, classics, songs, lyrics, every thing goes on the air of this combo of Sridhar MM Kannadasan. He excelled in all genres, for classics Nenjil Or Alayam, Kalyana Parisu, for action Sivandha Mann, for comedy Ooty Varai Uravu, Kadhalikka Neramillai, for new wave themes Alaigal, Avalukkendru Or Manam, for masala movies Urimaikkural, Meenava Nanban, For next generation, Ilamai Oonjaladugiradhu, Azhage Unnai Aradhikkiren, for psycho factors Nenjam Marapadhillai, Vennira Adai, the list goes on. Besides his script have made wonders with the films Ratha Pasam, Edhirparadadhu, Punar Jenmam, Amara Deepam, the list is endless.
In him we have lost the torch bearer of Tamil cinema.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: CV Sridhar where are you? Reply with quote

Dear friends ,
I am personally deeply grieved by this void from CVS's demise. Those of you who may have had occasions to see my postings on some of his excellent movies would certainly have felt the impact the three lettered Tamil name has had on me. In fact, in response to one of my postings Mr.Vatsan had in a lighter vein suggested 'some of your references indicate your being on the Chitraalaya unit". Though meant by him to relate my detailed familiarity with CVS's movie-making styles, certainly it carried a true value to my mental intimacy to the team. Honestly, I was planning to pass on all our articles relating to his movies, so that the crippled man would atleast draw solace from the observations that all is not lost for him. That I could not make it in time is indeed a deprivation to me. Why all this deep anguish ? one might ask. Well in my formative age, many of my abilities [if at all they are] of critical observations of movies were silently shaped by the veteran CVS by the articulate picturisation- a key domain in visual medium. That at least the man was around was a kind of strength to those who were/ are associated with him in the past and present. Now , even that thought is deprived. How can we honour these people except by saying 'We are with you at this hour of bereavement." Still the the lingering question in me is
Oh God could you not have postponed the inevitable ?
MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PIECE.
Prof.K.Raman NaviMumbai
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I totally understand the deep pain that your wonderful articles did not have the opportunity to be in the hands of the director Sridhar himself. One thing that is evident from ALL your posts on Sridhar movies is that, you have not just watched nor just enjoyed Sridhar movies - you have LIVED with it. The level of impact Sridhar has created in Tamil Film Industry, Tamil Movie goers, all his fans - especially yourself - is incredible. I think the best way to pay the tribute is continue & finish Nenjam Marappadhillai series in a grand way as the other movies.

The irony is he was just 63 and was not active for the past few years...

Eternal Peace!
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AN END OF AN ERA

the director who not only made name for himself , but a dhroner for many ekalayvans is no more .

we can take any of his movies -he shone in every aspect , whether its story , screen play , dialogues , songs , camera angles ,all being talking points in any of the tamil film forums .
such a complete director , was he,.

he didnot go to the top , by luck , but lifted the quality of film making to the top , by his sheer geniusness .

he was instrumental , in forming the directors council
and we used have an excellent film magazine chitralaya , from his staple .
unfortunately -both short lived .

when i was too young , i had noticed ,appearance of his name got huge claps , for kathalikka neramillai , and i did not stop clapping after seeing films like kalai kovil and meenda sorgam .
also i happened to see a poster which read as
sridhar
kannadasan
visvanathan ramamurthy
'police karan magal '

nothing else on the poster ..

thats the fame he had created .

Mr sridhar will live as long as the tamil movies live .

i just happened to listen to Mr sn subramaniam (retired from AIR) in vividh bharthi to night at 8 pm. who recalled his interview with the ace director .
he said
those days , producers needed to get the registration no , to enable , radio stations broadcast the songs
and chitralaya was not registered . The radio authorities ,were so desperate to broadcast his film songs , fixed up an appointment .
and Mr sns was the interviewer .

while talking about his songs , the topic came on"
sonnathu neethana " . on hearing the sequence , MM had told kaviarassu

to write the song , so he could tune as it was a situation song . but kaviassu had told mm , that he was a great music director , so MM can tune , and he would write . but arguments went on , that invited both the greats that all he needed was a good song , that forced MM , to set the tune , and immediately came in sonnathu nee thanna .
Sns said , MM , and Kaviarrassu , and great sridhar combined , there used toi be a great Songs .SNS also added , that, this song was picturised as a lengthy shorts

as per him , CVS had also mentioned about , the composition,that took many days ( title song of Nenjam marapathillai ), and shortest muthanna muthallavou ( a song dictated over telephone .

THIS STYLISH DIRECTOR , WILL DEFINITELY SHINE AMONGST THE OTHER STARS LIKE NT KAVIARRASSU /MUTHURAMAN/ GEMINI IN GODS KINGDOM
I PRAY GOD to give strength to his family , and hundreds of fans , AND HIS GREAT FRIEND , MELLISSAI MANNAR , WHO USED TO VISIT MR SRIDHAR TILL HE BREATHED LAST-
WE would miss him . but genius in him , would be with us as long as TF survives . Sad
baroque

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the additional photos, Ram.

The Hindu Article.

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/10/24/stories/2008102450500400.htm

Vinatha
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was indeed a shocking news and was a big loss to the Indian Film industry.
There is no doubt that he was a creative director and his place cannot be replaced by anyone...

May his Soul rest in peace!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: