"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV's PIANO CONCERT - EXPERIENCES II
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viswapriyan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:48 am    Post subject: MSV's PIANO CONCERT - EXPERIENCES II Reply with quote

I DONT KNOW WHETHER THIS IS THE RIGHT FORUM TO VOICE MY OPINION .

THIS POSTING RELATES TO "THE CREATOR UNPLUGGED."

THE CORE CREW MEMBERS DESRVE A STANDING OVATION ON CONCEIVING AND EXECUTING THE SAME WITH APLOMB (VAIDY, RAMKI AND SABESAN ARE YOU LISTEING?). IT SHOWCASED THE SANGEETHA SARASWATHI'S COMMITTMENT AND DEDICATION TO THE WORK HE IS INVOLVED. TRULY IMMORTAL MASTER AND IMMORTAL MELODIES.

LIKE ALL GOOD THINGS, THEY ARE ALWAYS ACCOMPANIED BY A "DHRISHTI PARIGARAM." I DON' KNOW WHAT CAME OVER ILAYARAJA. AFTER ALL THE SASHTAANGA NAMASKARAM OF MSV & TKR, HE STARTED ANALYSISNG "MALAI POZHUDHIN..." IT WASN'T CLEAR TO ME WHETHER HE WAS APPRECIATING THE LYRICS OR MUSIC OR BOTH. I SANK IN FURTHER DARKNESS WHEN HE GOT WORKED UP (EVEN GOD COULDN'T HAVE KNOWN WHY?) AND STARTED YELLING AT THE AUDIENCE REPEATEDLY " UNGALLALA ENNA THIRUPPI THARA MUDIYUM?" HE MEANT IN RETURN TO THE EVERGREEEN MELODY, I THINK. THATS' WHEN A WELL-MEANING MEMBER OF THE AUDIENCE SAID ANBU. BANG CAME THE RETORT FROM THE MAESTRO(??!!) "UNGA ANBU YAARUKKU VENUM?" HE LEARNT MUSIC FROM MSV AND DIDN'T BOTHER TO LEARN COURTESY AND DIGNITY FROM HIM. HE WAS TRULY STICKING OUT LIKE A SORE THUMB JUST AS V.GOPALAKRISHNAN'S ALAPANAI IN "ANDHI MAZHAI POZHIGIRATHU," HIS COMPOSITION. IF I HAD BEEN THAT WELL-MEANING MEMBER OF THE AUDIENCE I WOULD HAVE SAID "MSVIKKU" IN REPONSE TO MAESTRO(??!!)'S QUESTION.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear viahwapriyan

there is no doubt , the coremembers deserve a great applause for the efforts , and an excellant programme .

to be honest this is the best programme , of MSV that i listened , content , collection , excution etc wise. like master always ,says matter and meter ( the content , and excution i mean ) so synchornised , we got one more melody ( ever lasting memory ) .

of course , i am little disappointed , that a lot of songs , including paduvor padinal , pattundru kaetpen , a typical piono songs , as well as my anticipated song ullathil nalla ullam , after reading The hindu , all not in list .

any way , like athavan pointed out , u need atleat a months programme to cover the Masters creations

AZHKADALIL YAAR THAN MUTHEDUKKA MUDIYUM??????

RE iLAYARAJA - let us not make a big issue out of it reasonsa
we have to take people with their +++ and ____
secondly , we have a lot of good things to talk about , including vidhyasagars gesture , and echoeing what we all, we are thinking .
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: Creator Unplugged Reply with quote

Dear Friends,
Truly, it was a grand event, that unplugged quite a few things.

MSV firmly established that age is no hindrance to work and that he is even to-day fresh like a teen- ager when it comes to impart quality by his timely signals to the Orchestra. The man chooses to get into the orchestra bay [ 2 thers too were conducting though] just to 'tone-up' a specific component and quickly gets back to Piano [it is just another harmonium for MSV] and keeps playing amd signalling the beats. Don't just ask me what is there. To keep track of the basic note and quickly mending the orchestra to stay on the original note is no mean feat especially as MSV punctuates songs with so much alacrity and wisdom of sorts unparalleled. Recall here what the compere Mr. Amudhan said after "Aththaan en aththaan " Mellisai mannar , comma vukkellam kooda isai vadivam thandhirukkiraar". That being so, to recapitulate the original and bring it back with just a limited number of instruments is testimony to the theme 'CREATOR UNPLUGGED'
YET ANOTHER VITAL unplugging occurred from MM TK Ramamoorthy, who gave a nice rebuttal , crisply pinpointing the 'Swara pattern' in the pallvi of Malaippozhudhin mayakkaththilaE'. It was a masterly gesture of delivering a blow without raising the arm or voice. It was a nice panacea that cured the disorder by politely showing the place.
I would like all our friends to remember what MM TKR appealed for. He requested people refrring to MSV as Mellisai mannar should also try to refer to the TITLE 'SANGEETHA SARASWATHY' IN OUR REFERENCES TO MSV. Besides, he indicated that this reference is all-embracing for its innate purpose.
Unplugging 4;
A fair segment of the audience was youngsters in the age bracket of
25 -30, keenly appreciating 'the verbatim reproduction' of lyrical words through instrumental play.
Unplugging 5:
The dignitaries seated in the front row notably included Kavignar Viramuthu, MDs Vidyasagar, Karthik IR, I R and kavignar Kamakodiyan.
I exercised my parallel vigil of watching their responses for the musical nuances unleashed live by Sangeetha saraswathy MSV. Vairamuthu and Vidyasagar were immersed in the musical mesmerism of MSV and did not lose an occasion to genuinely applaud, as could be noticed from the delight in their body language and nodding in the affirmative at all critical spots through the evening's delight.
Unplugging 6
MD Vidyasagar made it plain, saying that there is nothing that MSV has not done in light music. All MDs present or future can not do anything new. He went to the right extent of saying that MSV easily deserves a
'BHARAT RATNA'.
Unplugging 7:
As ever MSV tried to put off Vidyasagar by shrinking his physique suggesting 'please do not praise me' by trying to takeover the microphone away from Vidyasagar. But Vidyasagar defying MSV's pressure, said 'Vidunga ANNay' naan uNmaiyathanE solraen ' and reiterated "Mellisi nnaa
ivar thaan" and hugged MSV in affection and delight. The unplugging here relates to Vidyasagar's prvailing over MSV's attempts to contain him.
Another dimension that needs our vivid appreciation is, most people take the path of 'not appreciating' MSV by making just some reference and immediately withdrawing as if to oblige MSV's request not to praise him. But Vidyasagar made the best use of the occasion to unplug his personal respect for him [MSV] while parallely echoing the sentiments of Millions of lovers of MSV's quality film music.

Unplugging 8: At least onr from Bombay[Mr. Anantha], 2 from Bangalore [ Mr, Sridar and Mr. tvv Raghavan] had made it to Chennai exclusively for this purpose, revealing that so must emotional possession rules our minds [if I have not mentioned names for want of information , please pardon my ignorance] I know how difficult it it is to set aside schedules, travel end to end and get back to one's place the same night. This has unplugged a dimension that, one should DEVELOP THE DETERMINATION to participate as otherwise we would only be losers.
Unplugging 9
Any words or phraseology would prove pathetically inadequate in appreciating the core of the core Mr. Vaidy this time, for, under strange circumstances he had to do things singlehandedly as Mr. Ramki could join him only 48 hrs before the scheduled event. Enormous determination of will has been shown by Mr. Vaidy and his small group of helpers to putforth the programme ' CREATOR UNPLUGGED'.
Unplugging 10;
The moral lesson from the event is Let us Give our Best, Develop the spirit of involvement and kindly partake, Derive the pleasure of making everyone happy.
So dear friends, we need to come together in larger number, share the joy of doing things and see that MSV Times. is an outfit of quality befitting the stature of Sangeetha Saraswathy Sri. M.S.Viswanathan.
So much I could gather from this event and I thank every one for giving me this wonderful opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said VK !!

I see Illayaraja's comment as an emotional expression of his love that he has for MSV..

"Why have people not done anything for the great man MSV, when he has given soulful numbers like 'Maalai Pozhudhin' " - This seems to be Raja's intention, which is definitely understandable!
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over to you Vatsan, to brave up with more melody negotiations !!! Very Happy
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Creator unplugged Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
You wish to be positive in your attitude to happenings around. Well it may be an advantage to tide over events that are not indeed palatable. If you get to know more information, may be you can draw your own inferences. But, how do you reconcile to the idea of dismissing the expression of affection [Anbu] as an unwanted commodity saying ' Un Anbu Yarukkuyya vENum? May be all souls are not evolved as much as that of yours.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Masdurai.
Ram

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I agree that there could've been better ways of expressing his idea/emotion.

But I feel he thinks we need to do something MUCH bigger, give more tangible rewards, fetch him highest awards possible. This seem to be his intent and he has expressed this in many stages.

Infact "To do something MORE for MSV" was the driving factor for the Core Crew to come-up with MSVTIMES to spread his glory!

Am quoting Illayaraja's words from the "MSV's Biography Book" written by "Rani Mainthan"

"If at all there is anything that I have earned/derived from my music all these years I place them all under the feet of MSV!"

As far as the current issue I re-iterate that there could've been better ways of expressing, but his true love and regard towards MSV is beyond a doubt!
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear professor

While sangeetha saraswathi , is simply the greatest in expressing emotions in the best form he knows 1- the music
you are simply superb , in expressing emotions in writting.
thats why though my fingers really itched to write , i left to the best - ie u .

a great write up .

yes i too noticed the pride , and appreciations ,in the faces of vidyasagar/illayaraja / adhavan
i also noticed , the accompanice to vidyasagar , applauded so vigrously. by leaving her mobile on the table in front ofher .

its the proof how MM ,infuses adrenelin , into the minds of Listeners , through his magic tunes .

re ilayaraja - i agree with ram , some people are so emotional , they have no control over tonque .
especially illayaraja this is the third occasions , i am hearing him , snubbing some one in the crowd . i am also not very fond of him , as a personality , but we have to be "annapparavai " to separate the milk ( his love to Msv ) from the water , (his snubbing the fans .)
Ram

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor..

Missed to mention about your write-up on the concert!

Just two words: "Professor Unplugged" Very Happy
Vatsan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Resp Reply with quote

Hi All,
The most important part of the concert apart from Vaithy's efforts was how eagerly the crowd lapped it all up. It was MSV's great idea to play the initial strains of the song and let the audience guess what the song was. The idea worked wonders as one could, without a shadow of doubt, feel the crowd's eagerness to determine the song first and then allows themselves to be plunged into the sheer beauty of the numbers, belted out by the creator himself. Words will not suffice...talking about the audience participation and their desire to remain engulfed in the mood and the beauty the songs emnated. I am including Vidyasagar and Vairamuthu when I say audience. Sometimes it was almost like a sinking man latching onto the piece of wood thrown towards him...the readers will surely know what I am referencing through mention of the dreaded waters:). Honest, the audience wanted all of it, the song's mood, total experience of the class emanating from the songs and all of MSV himself. This was one program that left both the audience and the orchestra team deeply satisfied and happy !!!!
sriramp

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the updates. Congratulations to MSVTimes for arranging this great event. Just like the web site MSVTimes has been very professional in organizing MSV's music. I am extremely delighted to read about the event.

Thanks again MSVTimes !!!.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: MSV UNPLUGGED - CONCERT TO BE REMEMBERED FOREVER Reply with quote

Dear Ram & Venky

First of all please move this to a separate thread as we'll soon have many more writing their lifetime experience to watch this (as Visya Sagar said) India's Pride in action on the Grand Piano!!!

Dear Vishwapriyan, VK, Venkat, Prof. Raman, Vatsan & Members,

Thank you all for your encouragement.The concert actually is the baby of MSVTIMES.COM and hence every member of this forum including the Core Crew have played and equally contributed their might to see that the event came out well. My mobile for the past 48 hours has been ringing continuosly (like Railway enquiry.....the only difference being, I answer and the railways don't Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ). There has been a tremendous pressure on the entire crew of MSV and MSV himself as not only have they been rehearsing for our concert from 9-5 pm (spread over 4 days) but the same crew including MSV have been shooting continuously for a musical serial to be telecast on a TV channel. So if at all anyone deserves total appreciation, then it is our Sangeetha Saraswathi and each one of his Orchestra members.

My experience with the event:

Truely God sent.....oooops MSV sent opportunity for all of us to unite and get drenched under the rains of melodies that rained at the museum theatre on the evening of 28th September 2008!!!. Melodies rained incessantly at the Museum Theatre and it was a jam packed auditorium that ensured the adoration we all have for our Master's music!!! Thank you all for making this truely a..............CONCERT OF OUR LIVES!!!! IT WAS WORTH LIVING EVERY MOMENT OF IT. REMEMBER.......??? MSV MOMENTS.... MOMENTS OF LIFE!!!

The concept was really received well and appreciated by everyone who were present and it was a treat to watch the crowd instantly acknowledging their favourite song by even lending a standing ovation (a rare phenomenon indeed). Many times during the concert the thundering applause crossed highest decibel levels that humans could tolerate!!!. After all it is this instant appreciation thro' applause performers get inspired to perform at their peak and our orchestra deserved literally every clap that filled the atmosphere. Not only the elders assembled enjoyed every moment of it, but I could see a lot of youngsters (who normally prefer the remix mu"sick"!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ) who were litererally seen swaying to the mesmorising tunes played on the instruments. When I met a cross section of the public after the concept, the first question posed to me by most of them was........."When is the next show?!!!!! Such was the glorious response for this concert.

I must make a special mention about our Legend's untiring efforts to get this concert going unmindful of his tiredness and ou special thanks to the Orchestra members who kept the tempo going. There were some open expressions of disappointment at some of the songs not being played. The Core Crew took every precaution to see to it that no one was allowed to grab the mike on stage but the entry of IR kind of made the show a damn squib with his "as usual" care a damn utterences. 50% of the calls I received were towards many expressing their absolute displeasure at IR's unprovoked / unwarranted ire vented out on the hapless rasikas of our Legend at the wrong time. May be he intended to convey something else but chose the wrong words at the wrong time. Not to worry members.....Forget it and live it thro' MSV moments. This piece of info is for all those who missed out on the songs that were not played. MSVTIMES.COM which has completely shot the entire rehersal will upload all the songs that were not played that day....in our video gallery soon!!! Happy members?????

The disappointment of IR speech and the omission of songs came as a total surprise to us also...... But all these were undone by one of the greatest rasikas of MSV I have known in my life - Vidya Sagar!!! Vidya Sagar came on the stage and launched a huge damage control excercise. Vidya Sagar spoke from the bottom of his heart and even when I met him to hand over the invitation at his office, we spoke for almost an hour and it was MSV all the way for him and NO ONE ELSE IN THIS WORLD!!! The spontaneous Ennai Marandhadhaen Thendraley.......on the Grand Piano made the show even more unforgettable for many especially to me as I was fighting my tears when Vidya Sagar hugged MSV and said.....MSV is India's pride. Vidya Sagar...... by saying this you have become the Pride of MSVTIMES.COM!!!

I thank each one of you thro' this forum and my special thanks to Prof. Raman, Anantha, Venky, Sridhar and many more who travelled from other places to go thro' this Godly experience.

I thank my fellow crew members for lending all the support for making this event a runaway success. I thank Shri. Shri. MSV (the next morning the first call to my mobile was from MSV and he asked me ..."enna ungallukku pudichutha, santhosham thaaney.... How do I reply????? I said.... Appa, naan porandhadhirkaana payanai anubhavithu vitten) and his entire Orchestra crew for their gruelling rehersals. Though I heard in couple of places there mismatches in playing but, to err is human and hence please bear with all of us.

My special thanks and Pranaams to all those elders who were present there unmindful of their age and ailment and I could see many of them crying in emotion. A special message to them from MSVTIMES.COM...... We are all with you and we'll soon have another musical event and please lend us your support by being present there.

MSV IS MUSIC FOREVER!!!!!
CHEERS
VAIDYMSV

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

many thanks mr vaithy

we now look forward to the following

a) DVD of the programme
b) Book release in december ??
c) another programme , but not fore just fr2 hrs- pls

a suggestion , when a Cd /Dvd is made , pls add masters voice (humming ) esp for song naan nandri solvaen , because , his voice is the magudam of that song

thanks
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second this dear all...
sridhar.mg

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear friends,

What a Show it turned out to be.This was my dream Symphony which I was pining for. Hats Off to Mr. Vaidy. MR. Ramki, Mr. Sabesan & other core crew members of MSVTIMES.COM who have struggled so hard to make this CONCERT OF A LIFETIME unfold in front of our eyes. MSVTIMES.COM has done what the filmworld had not even thought of. I am still in a daze. I am unable to find words to describe this Symphony. Those who missed are the most unlucky ones. Mellisai Mannar has shown the self-proclaimed maestros & the world what a SYMPHONY ought to be. For MSVTIMES.COM this is a fantastic beginning. More such shows should follow. I know the difficulties in organising such shows. I wish to state that I shall lend my full-fledged support & I shall use all my contacts & links to get sponsors to support our shows. I appeal to all friends to use their contacts to get corporate & individual sponsors for these shows.

In my opinion this type of shows will enable the music of our MM to reach the non-Tamil speaking world.

We are all eagerly awaiting the release of the DVD of great event. I am also thankful to Mr. Vaidy for giving us the wonderful news of the existence of the rehearsal of this unique CONCERT.

Please make arrangements to release the DVDs.

Regards.

Sridhar M G
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: