"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Songs sung by Mellisai Mannar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor..

A nice nostalgic moment... I enjoyed!

Thanks for sharing.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

i am sure that you would be too glad to know later
VELLIKIZHAMAI VIDIYUM VAELLAI VAASALIL KOLAMITTAEN was a super duper hit in 60s .and ofcourse ceylon radio / trichy stations used to broadcast even in early 70 , when i was in school
an excellant no sung by ps

i am sure you are cherishing the memories of looking fr fauna , flora , and Msvs
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:47 am    Post subject: Singers Reply with quote

Dear Mr vk,
Your reference to flora -fauna -MSV draws me back by several years. Actually, my PU and degree studies were at Mysore, and at that age, my being out of TN has helped me in more than one way. I picked up the language Kannada and quite a few Kannada friends. I never got in to the traditional trap of MGR or Sivaji school of fans. I could view things with greater objectivity. This was perhaps a reason for my being drawn closer to Sridar as a creator who could deliver products on the strength of story, treatment, music and other technicalities like cinematography. Also, my taste for neutral products [products devoid of political or personality overtones or dialogues meant to indirectly refer to the actor's social profile]. In the process my attitude to technical features of movies grew and needless to say that I had submitted myself to MSV's musical score though till date I am a blank in the nuances of music. There has always been a mesmeric touch in MSV songs, which I later understood as the seamless fusion of notes, beats rhythm and melody one elevating the other all in a 'made for one another' design. In fact all over Karnataka in those days MSV-TKR names as VR was a household stuff and they commanded the richest respect like Naushad, Shanker Jaikishen and L P.
Therefore, on occasions if I turn nostalgic please treat it as an 'otherwise inaccessible' territory. In a way old people are a source of reference.
Thank you for the opportunity.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,
Sorry if I have given any wrong information.
May be that person would have that info from some wrong/invalid source.

Nee endrakulum Kalagarai vilakkam endralum, paadalgal anaithum arumai.
One day one way one girl one boy... what a westernized song with beautiful guitar, bongos, chorus etc.,
Vellikizhamai vidiyum...
Adada enna azhagu... ovvoru paatum...

Kalangarai vilakkam patri vilakavum venduma...
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Initially I was using IE. Some days back I had problem (like the Post Reply button disabled).

So I downloaded FireFox.
That problem was solved.
But in the http://www.msvtimes.com/music/bgm/bgm.html page, all the buttons are disabled.

If I use IE, I am facing the first problem.
Not only in our site, all the sites like yahoo, google... most of the buttons are disabled.
I deleted the cookies, temp files, downloaded the IE ver 7 and tried.
Still facing the problem... Sad
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

its news that VR was household name in kerala in 60 s.
the first onei heard from kerala is devarajan master . but from the reception MM got in that ideal 2007 programme , i thought that he was popular as in tnadu .now i know thw reason -thanks fr the info .

why we need to know the lessons in music to enjoy Acharya music , a good pair of ears , and mind to hear .

dear mahesh

donot bother , Tv programmes , give wrong info most of the times , like the latest one anchored by anu hassan , a bundle of wrong ons ,(inspite of the fact she herself is pilani product )

thanks fr reminding me nee songs

have u got pass , so we can meet tmrrw
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,
Yes I got the passes. We will definitely meet tomorrow.

I think Prof. has mentioned as "In fact all over Karnataka in those days MSV-TKR names as VR was a household stuff".

In Kerala, G.Deverajan, M.S.Baburaj, K.Raghavan, Salil Chowdary are all very popular in 50's, 60's and 70's.

As MSV was very busy in TN, Kerala-vil avar concentrate panna mudiyamal irunthirukalam...

But one movie, "Pani Theeratha Veedu". This movie is so popular because of its music.
Particularly MSV's Kannuneer thulliye... and PJ's Supprabatham... Neelagiriyude... (PJ got national award for this song).
I think it was release in 1972. Director was K.S.Sethumadhavan.
Prem Nazir was the hero.
Inniku antha paate ketta kooda it will be so fresh.

I am listing some of his Malayalam movies which has got wonderful songs:
Ormagal Marikumo (Kamal, Jayan, Vidhubala), a wonderful song by VJ
Chandrakantham - Nazir, excellent songs
Lanka Dhahanam - Nazir
Babumon (Ramu)
Yakshaganam (Aayiram Jenmangal)
Ezhankadalinakkare (Ore vaanam ore bhoomi)
Marmaram - Dir: Bharathan, excellent music
Jeevikan Marannu Poya Sree - Veena poove

In Kairali TV, there is a light music program.
Some singers will sing songs of some artiste...
One particular episode was full of MSV songs.

Not even in any of the tamil channels we can see such a program. What a shame... Sad
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mahesh

thanks fr the info on Malyalam -MSv association .

in you tube - i have seen/heard MM singing Kannaneerthuliye , which not only brought Standing ovation , but also moved Usha and other judges .

i also later listened to its original song again thanks to You tube.
but i loved the one sung by MM now . its has so much of feeling packed in , and you donot need to know the language .

It only proves , the age dooesnot deter MSV and he always improvises .to the improvement of songs .

by the by , i think we have missed many songs of MSV though many others joined him in those songs

Thai Moogambika - music IR
Varuvan vadivelan -Music - master himslf
bharatha vilas -
kadal mannan - solo music bharatwaj .

Venkat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,
Kannuneer thulliye... song avar andru paadi kettathum en kannula neer nirambivittadhu...
In the movie, Prem Nazir will sing some lines in Kavidhai nadai...
In the record, it is MSV.
In that song, "Abhinandanam"-nu avar solradhe podhum... appadiye urugi viduvom...

He has also given a song to Ilayaraja in Sugamana Raagangal (R.C.Sakthi, Sivakumar)
Chandrabose in Aaru Pushpangal
Shivaji Raja in Anbulla Athan

Not only in Malayalam, but also in Telugu.
Who can forget the music of Maro Charitra... Songs, re-recording nobody can beat him...
He has used SPB, PS, VJ, SJ, LRE, Ramola and Kamal.
Kamal hindi-la (EDKL) music telugu mathiri varumonnu yosicharam...
Anthuleni Katha (Aval Oru Thodarkadhai)
Chilakkamma Cheppindhi (Nizhal Nijamagirathu)
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear mahesh

First time , i am hearing IR has sung fr MM .

marocharithra - athu oru kaviyam andro
by the by has any one got tamil version . ( if i remember right , the name of the proposed film in tamil was alaigalil ezhuthiya kavithai ). i have heard the tamil verson of vJ song IN SAFIRE THEATRE when i went fr maro .
if so pls up load ..thanks
Venkat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.VK,
Maro Charitra is dubbed in Malayalam (not remake). The name is "Thirakalil Ezhuthiya Kavitha". May be some of the shots, KB would have re made in Malayalam.
But I have not heard of that movie dubbed in Tamil.

I have the full songs of Maro charitra...

Infact ippo "ateega puvvunu" by SPB is going in the BG. What a song...
mouth organ, I think Ghatam is also used in this song..., flute, violin etc.,
Every song is a gem in this movie...
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear mahesh

maro - was not remade . there was a talk , and i think , they made audio
recording .
i remember , vani jayaram singing one .but any way its a very faint remembrance , and i could be wrong also , unless , some one has better evidence than my faint remembrance

any one can come back on this
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more songs of MSV:
Endro pulavan paadiyathai naan from Engal Vathiyar
A song from the Visu's movie Dowri Kalyanam. It will be very nice.
Sai Saravanan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:32 am    Post subject: Few more in HIS voice Reply with quote

Dear all,
There is a song by MM which is probably tuned by Shyam. The music sounds quite similar to MM's. It is "aandavane unnai vandu sandhikka vendum naan seida paavam.." This song has a beautiful piece to cherish for us all: MM MSV lets out a laugh so casually near the close of the song that one nearly misses it! This is so perfectly in tune with the beats and melody of the song that you feel it is a phrase in the lyrics! I do not know which film this is in. Can anyone recollect? Who is the music director for this?
Similarly, "odam engey pogum..." in Gangai Amaran's music is a flowing song. Is there any story behind these music director's inviting MM to sing for them?
The other fine songs "kudumbam oru kadambam pala vannam...", "nee ninaithaal..with LRE" also come to my mind and I feel that these and a few more may not be figuring in this list. The recent song in Bharadwaj's music (first film) is also a lively one too (Ajith's movie).
Dr. G. Sai Saravanan
parthavi

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more songs of MSV which I did not find in the list (unless I have missed any by oversight) are:

1) Paar Magale Paar (title song, other than the one sung by TMS in the later part of the film)

2) Uppu thinnavan thanni kudippaan
Thappu seithavan dhandanai kolvaan.

This song is from Oru Kodiyil Iru Malargal. In fact, MSV appears in this film and sings this song. He visits a prison, introduces this song as written by Vaali, ("ungalukkaaga kavignal Vaali oru arumaiyaana paattu ezhuthiyirukkiraar") and then sings it.

3) Kudumbam Oru Kathambam

4) And then the ever green 'Ikkaraikku akkarai pachchai.' I got this link for this song from Vanavil.com but the link is not working for me. It opens up but the song is not playing. Others may try and let me know if it works. Other songs from this song are also beautiful. Both the film and the songs from this film seem to have vanished in thin air!

http://www.vanavil.com/music/tamilFilm.php?id=1312&tamilfilm=AkkaraiPachai

5) MSV has sung one song for Gangai Amaran. It is a song of lamentation (on death). Somehow there was too much pathos in this (of course, the MD is responsible for this) and I couldn't enjoy it. I don't remember the name of the film or song.

6) MSV himself has confirmed that the last part of the song 'vasantha kaala nathigalile' starting from 'mana vinaigal yaaridamo' was sung by him. I am mentioning this because I found that a doubt was raised about it. His voice modulation has successfully prevented from people identifying the voice! I remember that he sang these lines in Yugi Sethu's Nyandi Dharbar program.

7) Mr. Mahesh has mentioned in one of his postings that MSV sang or Ilayaraja in Sugamana Ragangal. MSV was the MD for this film. Though director R.Sundararajan generally teams up with Ilaya Raja (his first film Payanangal Mudivathillai turning out to be a musical hit), he broke with him (like many other directors like Bharathiraja and producers like AVM did during that peak period of Ilaya Raja) and he had KVM for one of his films (Thoongaatha Kan endru ondru) and MSV for another (Sugamana Ragangal)

Cool MSV is perhaps the only MD to have sung for so many other MDs!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: