"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV UNPLUGGED CONCERT- CHANGE IN VENUE & DATE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: MSV UNPLUGGED CONCERT- CHANGE IN VENUE & DATE Reply with quote

DEAR MEMBERS,

THE CORE CREW WISHES TO INFORM EVERYONE THRO' THIS ANNOUNCEMENT THAT DUE TO CERTAIN TECHNICAL HITCHES INVOLVING THE AUDIO / VIDEO LOGISTICS, THE VENUE OF THE "MSV UNPLUGGED" CONCERT HAS BEEN SHIFTED TO THE MUSEUM THEATRE, PANTHEON ROAD, EGMORE, CHENNAI 600 008. THE NEW CONCERT DATE HAS ALSO BEEN CHANGED TO 28.09.2008 (SUNDAY) AT 6.30PM - 8.30 PM. PLEASE DO INFORM ALL FRIENDS. KINDLY KEEP WATCHING THIS PAGE FOR ALL INFORMATIONS CONCERNING THIS CONCERT. WE REGRET FOR THE INCONVENIENCE.

CORE CREW
MSVTIMES.COM

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its really frustrating to hear this postponment. You know, based on the earlier announcement, I have booked tickets ( NON REFUNDABLE ) through net for 26th and 27th. When you all expect people from other cities to visit you should have been more careful in announcing the dates.

Regret to say now that I will have to cancel all my plans .

Really depressing to note this development. Atleast in future, pls plan well before announcing dates. For you all in Chennai, it will not pinch but consider those who plan from outside Chennai and how much planning they will have to make considering that air tickets are very expensive now a days.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: BEYOND OUR CONTROL Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Balaji,

I know how frustrating it would be for people like you to travel from other places but unfortunately the venue had to be changed at this juncture considering the poor audio quality the earlier venue had to offer. I am not a qualified sound engineer and hence had to rely on the advice of the technical people. Please bear in mind that the sole aim is to offer a memorable programme and NOT INCONVENIENCE ANYONE deliberately. I could have still kept quiet and not do the running around (I know now how difficult it is to organise an event like this) but I always believe that the Greatness of MSV must be passed on to Rasikas like you and many more in this site and hence felt that this inconvenience would be accomodated in the right spirit. Please bear with us as this is a situation beyond anyone's control. Please co-operate.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VAIDY
Quote:
I could have still kept quiet and not do the running around

Vaidy,

I am not here to argue with you but as part of the Core team , you have the responsibility which you cannot shun. Words like above hurts more !

It hits me deep because I considered this as the EVENT OF MY LIFE . To meet MSV may be is like taking coffee or breakfast for men like you but for long distance guys like me , its once in a life time opportunity.
I am not sure whether you really thought about outstation guys . FYI, I spoke to Mr. Ramki twice on the dates before booking the tickets.

Thats why I am pleading you guys to make plans more professionally and confirm the dates. I repeat, the change of dates will not hurt you all as you are all Chennai based. Its affecting only for guys like me .

All now I can do is only to watch things happen in frustration for having lost the most memorable moment in my life.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: CUD U RESCHEDULE YOUR DEP??? Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Balaji,

I think the more we argue, the more things cud get complicated. So am just hoping to see you come here and enjoy every moment of this programme. I really don't know what your travel itinerary is? Originally the event was fixed for 27th and now you may have to leave back on the 28th. I repeat once again that this is a situation that arose out of sheer interest to offer a quality programme and as such our efforts shouldn't go awry. We have no other motive and I hope our stance is clear now. Hoping to see you Mr. Balaji and remember I definitely do not wish that you miss this rare event and I am also as exicited as you are. Though we have been meeting MSV very often, this is also a dream come true moment for me to organise a Piano concert that has never been done before. The elite group has joined together to host this event and let's all look forward to the successful conduct of this programme.

REGARDS
VAIDY
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy,
Please let us know about the tickets. Whether to buy in advance or can get it on that day in the venue itself.
I do not want to miss this mega event.

Dear Mr.Balaji,
Quote:
All now I can do is only to watch things happen in frustration for having lost the most memorable moment in my life.

You need not miss this oppurtunity.
I don't know where u stay.
You can come as per the schedule and leave after the show.
The return ticket alone can be postponed.
Please don't miss.

When I attended the Sangeetha Saraswathi Award function, I didn't meet any of our core team member.
This time I wud like to meet everyone who attends this memorable event.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM WILL TAKE CARE OF YOUR ENTRY Reply with quote

Dear Members,

Hope all of you would have seen the announcement of the new venue and the change in the concert date also. For those who haven't updated......

CONCERT DATE - 28. 09. 2008 (SUNDAY)
TIME - 6.30 PM TO 8.30 PM
VENUE - MUSEUM THEATRE, PANTHEON ROAD, EGMORE, CHENNAI-8.

This is to inform all concerned that the passes for this concert will be available with the core team and we request you to either contact Mr. Ramki or me so that it could be distributed in advance. The passes are under printing and once they are ready there'll be a specific announcement. Please be the earliest bird to avail the pass. There 'll be definitely passes earmarked for all those who have been regularly posting on the site.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Mr Ramki/ Mr vaithy

will museam theatre occupy more than 120 . pls advs what would be the accomodation .

suggest we have a price fr this , would help the cause .

if we need to sell any tickets , pls let us know , so we can volunteer , and have a sale out .

dear balaji

i could sense your disappointment , as i missed a lot of programmes when in chennai , as well when i was in bangalore due to my preoccupation

try to make it , having already decided
otherwise donot worry - there is alwys an another oppurtunity , where you will be an organiser , than a visitor .
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: SEATS LIMITED TO 350 Reply with quote

Dear All,

The capacity of the museum theatre is 500. However out of this 500, 150 seats have to be earmarked for sponsorors, msv & associates, the balance 350 is for msvtimes.com members. We'll try and distribute this and make everyone happy.

Regards
vaidy
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy,
That was indeed a great and happy news.
I'm looking forward.
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear Mr Vaithy

great

pls consider sale of tickets , so the funds will be generated and serve to reduce financial commitment of core crew
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=darkblue]Dear MSV'yans

I have just read the posting of Vaidy on postponement of the
MSV Unplugged on Piano Concert from Sep 27 to Sep 28, due to
feedback he had got from the accoustic experts on the (un)suitability
of RK Swamy Auditorium for such an event.

It was a shock to me too since myself and vaidy had gone ahead with so much with preparations for the event scheduled for the earlier date (like invitations, oral communications to friends ; Sri MSV had fixed his orchestra team for that day, etc..)
[/color]

Last edited by msvramki on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[color=blue]Continuation of my above posting... ( Net got disconnected !)

This change will cause some rework of activities already done, but considering the importance of accoustics for such an event, there is no
other option. For friends who have to travel from outside ( like Balaji who has arranged for his travel from Mumbai ), this will cause definitely
confusion, our request to every one is " Pl do not get upset. Kindly
adjust your schedules suitably to be part of the programme as this is
the LifeTimeEvent for all of us."

For the clear understanding of all friends who are part of Forum, who
write a lot in their own style on MSV's creations and a few who
have extended required support for conduct of the event, I would like
to mention a few words on the sort of personal efforts taken by myself
and Vaidy in the last one month to plan this programme .

1. As vaidy has mentioned, we are organising this Programme with
the sole intention of giving all members a LifeTimeEvening with MSV
on Piano.

2. Myself, vaidy and Vatsan had a few sitting late evenings to chart
out the right sort of event we have to give to all of you and how the same
should be presented.

3. The efforts self and Vaidy had to take to convey what we had in mind to Sri MSV and his team since this was a unique programme for him too.

4. The big efforts Vaidy has been taking to prepare song list, record them
for distribution to our Master and his team for their rehearsal is something commendable.

5. The huge efforts I have been personally taking to get some good sponsors without whose help such a programme cannot be even thought of. This is being done by me with my very personal efforts and contacts
since I did not get any response from many of our members on this. I thank the very few who did extend help.

6. Major efforts by self and Vaidy in arranging a Grand Piano for the
programme, which was herculian task. Finally we could make it somehow.

7. Other running arounds : for invitations design, printing, mementos,
stage arrangements, hall arrangements - etc.

Each one of these mean spending a lot of our personal precious time and money.

I am sure all of our members will appreciate the sort of efforts that is
being put by a very few to give a unique-of-its-kind event for the
joy of our members.

" You are the organisor, you jolly well do it" - sort of comments definitely
hurt us.

Therefore I request all members to consider this sort of inevitable changes
or even slips, if at all there are any, in the right spirit and be with us
to make the event a grand success.

For people even in Chennai, this change will definitely affect some of
their personal engagements, but our request is 'bear with and be with us'.

This change has affected me too.. right now I am in the US and will return
back only on Sep 24. An important official meeting I had fixed up for
Sep 28, now has to be changed, me sitting in another part of the world !

Vaidy, in spite of his other personal pressures, is individually making all arrangements now and I request all of you to extend all possible help to make the event really a grand one.

Let us be together and enjoy MSV's music as ever.

Ramki
[/color]
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:01 am    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy, and Mr.Ramki,
Your postings on MSV UNPLUGGED have unplugged quite a few pieces of information including the kind of hardships faced in organizing events of this kind. The intention is getting to enthuse the admirers of MSV with an item 'not feasible' except by efforts from everyone including Shri. MSV himself. Well, in India, with the kind of dislocations like public bandhs and closures, anything can happen. What I am trying to say here is whatever happened has happened and let us get ready for what remains to be done. Honestly we are in no man's land and it is time the core crew thinks of workable propositions of maintaining the music culture of Shri MSV -TKR team. May I draw attention to basic issues? Statistically, we have an astronomical number on membership. Are they all valid members [ validity by genuine admiration for TF music]? Is there a standard procedure for sustaining one's membership? Do we have a scheduling of registration like annual span of time like Jan - Dec 31 irrespective of the date of entry of an individual? May be at some point of time in near future, the managers of the body called MSV Times.com clearly spellout these 'regulations' so that the very membership turns sensibly respectable. Why these things need being looked at is, there is no specific commitment on anyone and yet things have to happen.
I am not advocating any philosophy of hierarchy. But, unless some kind of operative rules and procedures are laid out, things would get tougher in the days to come. May be some sort of a general meeting should be organized for evolving workable propositions of carrying on without 'ad hoc' approaches' every time. I trust, all members would recognize the need to evolve a code that is reasonably flexible and understandably rigid for effective operation. All members may just express themselves with the idea of keeping our activities intact and progressive.
Thank you all of the core crew for your efforts.
Warm regards. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:02 am    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Vaidy, and Mr.Ramki,
Your postings on MSV UNPLUGGED have unplugged quite a few pieces of information including the kind of hardships faced in organizing events of this kind. The intention is getting to enthuse the admirers of MSV with an item 'not feasible' except by efforts from everyone including Shri. MSV himself. Well, in India, with the kind of dislocations like public bandhs and closures, anything can happen. What I am trying to say here is whatever happened has happened and let us get ready for what remains to be done. Honestly we are in no man's land and it is time the core crew thinks of workable propositions of maintaining the music culture of Shri MSV -TKR team. May I draw attention to basic issues? Statistically, we have an astronomical number on membership. Are they all valid members [ validity by genuine admiration for TF music]? Is there a standard procedure for sustaining one's membership? Do we have a scheduling of registration like annual span of time like Jan - Dec 31 irrespective of the date of entry of an individual? May be at some point of time in near future, the managers of the body called MSV Times.com clearly spellout these 'regulations' so that the very membership turns sensibly respectable. Why these things need being looked at is, there is no specific commitment on anyone and yet things have to happen.
I am not advocating any philosophy of hierarchy. But, unless some kind of operative rules and procedures are laid out, things would get tougher in the days to come. May be some sort of a general meeting should be organized for evolving workable propositions of carrying on without 'ad hoc' approaches' every time. I trust, all members would recognize the need to evolve a code that is reasonably flexible and understandably rigid for effective operation. All members may just express themselves with the idea of keeping our activities intact and progressive.
Thank you all of the core crew for your efforts.
Warm regards. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: