"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AvaLukkenru oru manam VIII Some inference / conclusioms

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:51 am    Post subject: AvaLukkenru oru manam VIII Some inference / conclusioms Reply with quote

AvaLukkenru oru manam - VIII Some inference / Conclusions

Dear Friends,
After my revisiting the movie , I not only suffer the imapact therefrom , but nostalgia also grips me. Well, if we look at the star cast in A O M, there is the visible element of trusted friends. Yet, two significant aspects surface in terms of artistes choice.
1. Induction of Bharathi to play the lead role
2. Using of Muthuraman for villainy.
First let us look at point no.2 [ M R] When A O M came M R, was already a well known artiste appearing in lead roles as hero or 2nd hero with or without a touch of comedy. This confers freedom on us to assume a few things. The Director had thoroughly convinced himself of making the best out of him[Or] make an impact on the audience by avoiding any tested and tasted villain of the Tamil screen. It is to the credit of M R to have donned the role, unmindful of any fall out on his image. Why I say this is, we hear of people not willing to be villains after a stint as hero or second hero.

Now let us look at point no, 1. Choice of Bharathi. In my understanding, CVS had spotted Bharathi at least 6 or 7 Years before making A O M.

SURPRISED? PLEASE DON'T BE.
On what strength I say this? Way back in 1966 , CVS made a very big announcement of a movie called "ANRU SINDHIYA RATHTHAM".
It was a war subject, featuring Sivaji Ganesan as the hero, where in stills of Bharathi as a Nurse were publicised. This was the time when our
PM Lal Bhadur Shastry was on a peace talk mission to Tashkant [USSR ] and Government of India requested all movie makers in India not to make war subjects that may jeopardise peace talks and strain relations among neighbours. Obviously CVS had to drop the project. This project, he later modified and made a mega movie shot in Europe as the well known "SIVANDHA MANN". So, his IDEA OF ACCOMMODATING BHARATHI IN A SUITABLE ROLE IS NEITHER SUDDEN NOR ACCIDENTAL. The times I recall now were the limelight days of CVS . In fact, before coming to Tamil screen Bharathi had a well established image as a star in Kannada movies. Her stay-fit [after years of stardom] added the correct value in portraying a drifting character of a college girl.
Before I change domain let me just say CVS had the skill of spotting artistes. [it may even be a subject for a separate write-up.]
As for the technical crew, only a couple of changes are seen.
Choreography in A O M has been by Pasumarthi Krishnammorthy [replacing the longtime Choreograher for CVS's movies K.Thangappan , perhaps as the latter became a movie Producer himself ]
The second change was U.Rajagopal as Cinematographer in place of N.Balakrishnan. But, irrespective of names, CVS managed to draw the best out of the members of the technical crew as much as he did from artistes.
Thus my revisit to A O M has kindled quite some thought. If it appears irrelevant, please pardon it as from someone who is unable to hide things. Anyway such old movies unfailingly reveal the supremacy of the then movie makers who could stay in a small territory and make movies that can reach the audience all over, unlike the modern pieces made from all over the globe unfailingly failing to evoke any emotion leave alone respect for the movie or to the maker[s].

Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes u r right prof

teh basic fact for the success can be attributed to the team work and they all had the dedication and everybody in the team of those days wanted to show the talent unmindful of who director is and who prod is

it is an attempt to excel by all which i feel is a devotion sans publicity and they had the true form of love in the art they practice

gone are the days
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very informative Dear Prof.

SIVANDHA MANN also needs a separate thread for its grandeur music.

I think a movie came in the name "ANRU SINDHIYA RATHTHAM" later with Jaishankar as hero and music by our MM, directed by SPM.
Is there any link between these two movies.
This movies has a wonderful thrilling re-recording and got a beautiful song by VJ - Aagayathil thottil katti...
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I am right about that movie information "Andru Sindhiya Ratham".

Or the song (by VJ) I mentioned is from the movie "Thunive Thunai".
If not, I am sorry and please correct me...
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:26 pm    Post subject: AvaLukkenru oru manam VIII Some inference / conclusioms Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Venkat,
There is no link between the 2 mpvies on the same name
"Anru Sindhiya Raththam' Though CVS was a pioneer to have organixed the then Movie makers' council, to regulate the release of movies only after a lapse of certain number of days [except on festive occasions], name registration of movies came much later. Thus 2 movies on the same name unconnected though, My memory on the 2nd item is rather inadequate. Sivandha maNN can be considered only if I revisit the movie because I remember it is a treasure house for every aspect and has a special library for music. Hope I manage to get a DVD on S M.
Warm regards Prof. K.Raman Madurai.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

I went through your posts on Avalukkendru Oru Manam, at leisure today.

Wow! What a wealth of info you have provided; And what a deep analysis you have done about the movie; You have enjoyed the movie every second, I could see! And your bottom-of-the-heart -review, of each dimension, is so interesting and lively!

I realise a tremendous effort has been put in for this series, yet am greedy to ask for more from you.

Your writings are unmatchable and are unique only to you.

Awe-stuck!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Movies -A special Section Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
Thank you for your liberal appreciation of my postings on AOM. Really not much effort was put in. The lone effort was my seeing the movie again to revamp my memory for authenticity. If some one goes through these items and gives some response, the work stands recognized. Only such references kindle the spirit to work on more themes. However, after my work on AOM , I am still under a state of disturbed mind, by the plight of Bharathi who inadvertently got imprisoned by circumstances, the likes of which are quite common in the present day life in Indian cities. Though it is beyond us to rectify the society, I am deeply anguished by the prospect of teen age girls getting irretrievably trapped by fate; as at that age the sense of discretion stays dormant. I hope you have seen the postings of mine on other movies by CV Sridar. Under this disturbance I do not wish to start a new piece before I restore myself from the fears of APM.
WARM REGARDS Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: