"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Movies --- AvaLukkenru oru manam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Movies --- AvaLukkenru oru manam Reply with quote

AvaLukkenru oru manam

Dear friends,
As you would be aware, I have been looking at Sridar movies as significant milestone elements of TF industry. In the process my attention was drawn to actor Muthuraman. As a consequence, my mind is engrossed in the thought of the novie A O M. To complicate matters further, recently I bought DVD of the movie A O M. Armed with these facilities for clear authenticity and my general admiration for CVS, the going looks tough for me to avoid writing on AOM. However, till I regroup my old memory by seeing the movie again our friends can have a free time. Yet, I make it a point to intimate ahead with fond hopes that responders may have an opportunity to "get ready" to join the discussion. So friends be ready to enthuse everyone . Thank you.
Warm regards. Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear prof

aom -- a very decent and simple movie by cvs in late 70 's
as usual master had excelled in all the songs and particularly malar ethu song has a lovely start and unnidathil ennai koduthen has a lovely imnterlude and continuity.

vincent cranked the camera and i still remember the pool scene and under water camera technik whcih he had tried decades back .

u remember the frame in the googles of gemini .

in my opinion next to bhimsingh it is only sridhar and none other can near him.

we need to definitely felicitate him soon.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AOM is a nice movie ,good narration by CVS. An interesting portrayal by Muthuraman as rightly mentioned by Professor earlier . This movie will reveal how Muthu could have been utilised by other Directors .

Mellisai Mannar never had let down . Stunning songs , wonderful orchestration , extensive ludes . Each song was extremely popular in AIR.

Dear Professor Sir,

Will await your full coverage . Thanks Very Happy

Mr. CSB,

AOM came in the early 70s.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yap .it was in early 70's .did vincent handled camera or balakrishnan

throw some light
Jeev

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: A.O.M Reply with quote

U.Rajagopal handled the camera for AOM.
msvramki

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Excited to note that your next pick of movie for a thorough analysis is AVALUKKU ENDRU ORU MANAM !

A great movie for Sridhar, Mellisai Mannar, Kannadasan, Vincent, as happened always !

WE eagerly wait for your postings !

Your series on handpicked movies of Sridhar is no doubt, a clear candidate for a Chapter in our forthcoming MSVTIMES FORUM EXTRACT !

All the best

Ramki
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: AvaLukkenru oru manam Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Bhaskar ,
The camera work in A O M was by U Rajagopal another veteran Cinematographer. In fact Sridhar and Vincent parted after Kadhalikka Neramillai, whereafter AV worked for movies like EngaveettupiLLai , Thulabaaram [Malayalam and Tamil]. All said and done CVS AV conbo was an exceptional pair in brilliant and captivating portrayal even in the days of B& W films. Interestingly in the post separation period, CVS managed to pickup excellent Cinematographers in G.Balakrishna ,
N Balakrishnan, U Rajagopal and also BS Loganathan. Indirectly it is easy to infer that CVS accorded high priority for cinematography as borne out in all his movies. As regards your reference "Next to Bhimsingh' , I have some hesitation since CVS made a mark much earlier than Bhimsingh. Also Bhimsingh used to have Sivaji Ganesan as key actor in a vast majority of his movies. Considering these I would not prefer any ranking among those Directors because we would be losing sight of their individual abilities. As for AOM, People may have to wait for a day or two as I prefer to watch the movie to pick out all the key elements of sophistication from this movie.
Thank you one and all.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

u r right prof

comparision is not basically right. cvs exceeled in all areas but bhimbai as he is fondly called did only story and direction mostly

the fotography et al is not his cup of tea ,but cvs sat for all session in all dept to get the best out of everyone .

imagine the hauntic music and mystic version of NM for six months cvs scould not get the score but when one day master hummed this he jumped and hugged him and told this was what he want to have .

sridhar is a vidi velli of TFM and his works are like amara deepam

ragasudah can open a site for CVS sometime
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: