"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Speak to members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:59 am    Post subject: Speak to members Reply with quote

Dear Dr. Chakravarthy,

I have heard of your zeal on MSV through Mr Ramki and in fact have been anticipating your postings at the site. Just by the time you opened your sessions, I was away at Hyderabad .I had to wait this long to get across. On one of your observations , I am unable to concur. You have politely submitted that by writing about G Ramanathan you do not wish to dilute the spirit of this site. Actually any write-up on GR would only strengthen our site as GR was yet another trend-setting legend of his times which happened to precede that of MSV. Also, discussing about legends is a delight, if we keep recalling their feat by sheer manual execution of notes using live orchestra. I therefore feel we need to appropriately present our younger generation the relevance of creative imagination over that of technology-dependent high decibel cacophony on the name of music. The present style of music is as much amusing as it is annoying, miserably failing to touch the soul. From an era of intimate harmony between the song and the listener we have come to a scenario of intimidating noise disjoint in note and notably anemic in quality. So, with all the genuine love for quality you may analyse GR or TG L or any composer who has had a stamp of originality. In my personal perception none of these references would anyway dilute our mission , for, MSV had himself won the appreciation of those legends in true spirit of the saying "KATRAARAI KATRAARAY KAAMURUVAR". So Dr, please bring out your appreciation in full blast making our youngsters recognize the glories of those predecessors.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: