"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A BOOK on "MSV's Wonder Creations and their depths"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:41 pm    Post subject: A BOOK on "MSV's Wonder Creations and their depths" Reply with quote

[size=18]DEAR MSVyans,

OUR CORE TEAM HAS BEEN BROWSING OVER AN IDEA OF COMING OUT WITH A BOOK ON
" M S V''s WONDER-CREATIONS AND THEIR DEPTHS"
(ofcourse this is not the title ! may something like this meaning what I have said),
LOOKING AT THE SORT OF UNIQUE ANLAYSIS THAT IS BEING DONE BY OUR FRIENDS IN THIER OWN WAY, ON HIS SONGS, BGMs, RE-RECORDINGS, MOVIES, STORIES BEHIND THE BIRTH OF SONGS, etc etc.
MANY HAVE NARRATED THE WAY HE HAS BROUGHT IN MUSIC OF THE WORLD IN HIS OWN STYLE, IN HIS OWN MELODIOUS WAY, TOUCHING SENSES OF EVERYONE, ALLIGNING TO THE SITUATIONS OF MOVIES !

WE IN THE CORE TEAM FELT IT SHOULD BE BROUGHT OUT IN THE FORM A BOOK, WHICH WE BELIEVE AND HOPE WILL BE UNIQUE IN EVERY WAY !

BUT TO MAKE IT AS A BOOK, WE NEED MORE SUCH ANLAYSIS FROM ALL OF YOU WHICH SHOULD ALL GO INTO DIFFERENT CHAPTERS OF THE BOOK.

WE ARE YET TO SIT AND DECIDE ON HOW THE PROJECT SHOULD BE PLANNED IN SUCH A WAY THAT IT COULD BE RELEASED IN A GRAND MANNER, DEFINITELY BEFORE THE SECOND ANNIVERSARY OF MSVTIMES.COM

ONE POINT IS CERTAIN : OUR PROFESSOR RAMAN SHOULD HEAD THE EDITORIAL BOARD AND SHOULD BE ASSISTED BY EMINENT WRITERS LIKE BALAJI, SAMPATH, RAM, SARADA, SRIRAM KANNAN, RAM RAMAKRISHNAN, SRIRAM LAKSHMAN, NVS, JEYARAM ......... (There are many names. Fill them all on the dots !!).

THE CORE TEAM REQUESTS FRIENDS TO VOLUNTEER AS MEMBERS OF THE EDITORIAL BOARD, SO THAT WE COULD START OFF THE PROJECT AT THE EARLIEST.

YOUR VALUABLE INPUTS ON THIS PROPOSED PROJECT IS MOST WELCOME.

THEREFORE PLS DO THE FOLLOWING IMMEDIATELY :

1. CONFIRM YOUR INTEREST TO BE A VOLUNTEER OF THE EDITORIAL TEAM.

2. START WRITING MORE AND MORE ARTICLES ON VARIOUS ASPECTS OF MELLISAI MANNAR'S CREATIONS SO THAT THE CONTENT BECOMES ADORABLE BY THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE OF MUSIC LOVERS.

THE CORE TEAM LOOKS FORWARD TO YOUR SPONTANEOUS RESPONSE.

ALL THE BEST

RAMKI[/size
]
madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: MSV - THE LEGEND UNPARALLELED Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Ramki,
Happy to note that the core crew wishes to immortalize the works of the legend by compiling the genuine responses of the lovers of his calibre. I am willing to associate with this project , provided the core crew decides upon all terms of reference with which the editing has to be done. At this stage it is too premature to lend guidelines. Better to wait for specific guidelines from the organizers, but just make it clear that all contributors must adhere to a time schedule to avoid any disappointment. As of now only very few are regular in visiting our site though they are active in some other similar sites. May be they are interested in other venues also. Therefore how far your [ Mr.Ramki's ] appeal reaches such potential writers is a question without an easy /early answer. But that can not deter our efforts. Let me conclude saying that I AM READY TO LEND MY SERVICES, IF REQUIRED BY MSV Times.com
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very good initiative & to head this, our Professor should definitely take up . Its my wish too.

As regards songs, it will be great if the legends MSV and TKR give some input so that it can be a full fledged document. Here even his erstwhile assistants may help us. I am targetting the movies of the 60s in particular. Even directors like KB , Muktha Srinivasan etc and fans like Y.G.Mahendra may give more valuable information. Valee will have a wealth of information ( unfortunately Kavignar is no more. Else , we would have had a feast ). Veteran like Mr. Film News Anandan might throw more light.
Ram

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Book on MSV Songs Analysis" - This is a thought that has been lingering in my mind for the past couple of months; When I first shared it with my dad, he was completely supportive and appreciated this idea (as ever).

Also this thought is not something fully new... These were already discussed in some other threads and our Professor gave some wonderful strategies how to do the editorial for the book. The best of which is that he mentioned that spell check and proof reading should be done on hard copies and not thro soft copies or through PC's.

Hats-off professor, we are honoured with your life experience and knowledge.

madhuraman wrote:
I AM READY TO LEND MY SERVICES, IF REQUIRED BY MSV Times.com

Is there a doubt, dear professor ?? I re-iterate on behalf of this club - WE REQUEST YOU TO LEAD THIS EFFORT !!!

The primary intention of the book is to document the wealth of information that is shared in this forum.. It may be rarity for many of the club members to go through the old posts and those posts should not get lost in the long run. Hence this initiative.

Besides, there are many other die-hard fans of MSV, who do not use computers & forums - and a book is the best means to get these analysis across to those fans.

As Balaji mentioned, any other information is an add-on.

Am not sure if many of the Club members have read the book by Rani Mainthan - The Biography of MSV. It is an amazing book on MSV with wealth of information about his career, early days and comments and thoughts from many many personalities. Rani Mainthan has put in a monumental effort to come up with that book.

The next steps for the Core Crew & the Editorial Board is to:

1) Decide the Structure of the Book
2) Search the COMPLETE forum and choose the articles
3) Co-ordinate for the publishing works.

Let us dig the history & make a history !!!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: How to Register. Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram ,
Despite your busy schedule, your concern for MSV's compositions drives you to register your views even on workdays. My offer to undertake the required work is always there. As you have indicated basic groundwork on format and the layout ,besides the policies thereof need being formulated.
Some Prioirty items are
1.Structure of the book [ ENGLISH /TAMIL / MIXED.
2. Broad lay-out [ what are the areas of coverage]
3. Should chronology be strictly adhered to?
[If YES, we need to verify the authenticity of the very sources that we rely upon.]
4. A book of this kind is better strengthened by Photos to add to "value".
Policy issues:
Would we just do it once or would it be once a couple of years ?
Every contributor should be ready and amenable for editorial corrections.
Editing should aim at precision , grammatical perfection and neutrality to forestall controversies and inadvertent creation of controversies.
Care to be bestowed on writing to ensure that Tamil / English versions do not contradict in any part of the book.

Only such care can enhance the authenticity and social acceptance of our proposal.

I am not trying to bewilder our efforts. But, my suggestion is we should get rightly equipped to keep off cross fires. It can be done by careful reading of any message and inserting appropriate corrections if needed.
All these various aspects need being clearly understood ,so that the structure and size of the book are kept to manageable levels.
Therefore , I am not pessimistic but cautiously optimistic.
Let us hope for the best.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
Ram

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

You have just reflected the points that I had in my mind and the factors that need to be considered.

"Cautious Optimism" - is definitely needed to go on with this project and is a must, as there are various concerns and dimensions that need to be taken into consideration - almost all of those are listed on a higher level in your above post.

This needs to be broken down into finer details, after answering and taking into account all your questions above - which will give a better clarity on how the book is basically going to be structured.

I'll get in touch with you offline through emails to have a head start for this project.

It is definitely going to be an interesting challenge to choose the "Best" flowers (articles) and make a beautiful garland (book). That too if the garland is ought to be presented to the God of Music and his devotees !!! Very Happy
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

That was a great idea.
My Best Wishes to all of us.
Whatever possible from my side I will contribute my best.

Firstly, I will come up with some titles, layout (Table of contents) for this creation ASAP.

There was a serial presented by our legend in Madras DD some years back. The name is "Thirayum Isayum". It went for 13 episodes. All were gems. If we can get the videos of this serial, it might help us to a very great extent.

Apart from Muktha, KB, YGM, the following personalities can also be included
Mr.Cho - has very high regards towards our MM
Mr.Sivakumar
Mr.PBS.

Recently in Kalaignar TV, there was an interview with PBS. He has got very high regards in our MM.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki,
Very good initiative. The book will serve as a reference material for the future generations to know about the genius in MSV. The hard copy always would be an authentic one and referred to as a text book. Therefore these postings, analyses, etc. will help the generation next to know how msv is miles ahead even in the early 20th century when the present generation is going back to million years b.c. to completely erase the aesthetics of film music. Every one of the forum members would be happy to extend his/ her fullest co-operation. Please proceed. Professor Madhuraman would be a guiding force for us in this steps.
Raghavendran.
http://msvquiz.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilmsongs.blogspot.com/
http://oldtamilfilms.blogspot.com/
http://mellisaititle.blogspot.com
VaidyMSV & Sriram Lax

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear all

a great and deserving thought .
and the team is a winning one , and i am sure that they would coming out victorious , though task is really HHHHHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEE.
all the best ,
a suggestion .
probabaly , think of adding our MMs own thoughts/comments on each analysis / article , so readers know his feelings too

wregds
Venkat

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

I am suggesting the following titles:
1. M.S.V. – The Music Saga continues…
2. M.S.V. – The Era of Indian Film Music
3. M.S.V. – The Musical Phenomenon
4. M.S.V. – The Epic of Indian Film Music

The Structure (Table of Contents) / Layout as below:
1. Introduction
2. Life History

3. Movies/Songs Database – Tamil (MSV and VR) in Table format as below

Sl.No. Movie Year Released Banner Director Actor Song Lyricist Singers Song #

The same way for
• Malayalam
• Telugu
• Kannada
• Hindi
• Others
• Music with others

4. Private Albums
• Thrilling Thematic Tunes
• Sangamam with Maharajapuram
5. Devotional
6. Others
7. T.V.Serials

• Alai Osai
• Ambika(r)pathi

8. Movies acted

9. Awards

10. Accomplishments

11. M.S.V. – in my view

Prominent Personalities point of view

12. Interesting Incidents

13. Paadal pirantha kathai

This is only a beginning. I will come up with more...
sriramp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would request to make the book as an searchable CD. This way we can search by song, event, movie, actor, raaga easily. I can volunteer for any work in making electronic document.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: