"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NENJIL ORE AALAYAM-- IX - TIT BITS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:25 am    Post subject: NENJIL ORE AALAYAM-- IX - TIT BITS Reply with quote

NENJIL ORE AALAYAM -IX

Dear Friends,
After writing what little I know of the movie, I felt the need to bring in other pieces of information to make the series at least apparently complete. Since I have been writing from memory and my recent seeing of the movie , pieces of information recur in me and these may not directly be of any relevance to our objective analysis of N O A . Yet such things may add flavour to the process of understanding.

In order to choose a small kid to act in N O A , Chitraalaya had advertised in Tamil Newspapers calling for applicants. A real task descended on the movie makers to select the artiste. Kutti Padmini [ D /O Radha bai a regular artiste in Sridar movies] had also applied. As the screening process was on , k Padmini started telling CVS that she alone be chosen, Day by day she started telling CVS that he may choose any one but she alone should play that role. Indeed, it became so intricate to convince her of the need to test every applicant. K Padmini never relented and at last Sridar gave in. No doubt K P ably did her part as a kid.
That on a critical occasion KaNNadasan went into hibernation and was pulled out of his hide out which fetched the grand song SONNADHU NEE THAANA from Kavignar is now a too well known incident related to this mobve.
In the song ENGIRUNDHAALUM VAAZHGA Mr,Sadhan mutters like a frog to suggest the night effect.
N O A WAS A SILVER JUBILEE mega hit after which Kalyana Kumar and Devika teamed up in many movies.

The whole movie has been done on a single set which no producer would dare now. The movie wriggled out of the basic formula of Hero, Heroine and villain invariably fighting for the same girl.
What makes me to invite our attention is we are now in an advanced era where movie making enjoys the advantage of contemporary technology.
Our Directors use contemporary technology to succumb to temporary emotions. Using advanced facilities of make-up people present themselves in most attractive colours but are unable to give finer emotions of wit and wisdom. There is an increasing display of anger on flimsy pretexts. There is more animal instinct on display. Otherwise , why vast acres of land and buildings are set ablaze ? Also look at this irony. People live in palatial mansions, in rich attire , gold fitted everywhere. When a dispute crops up both parties pull out from the back of their midriffs long-reach sickles [aruvaal] mercilessly wielding the piece, generating fountains of blood , but staying alive until desired. All this in the name of abject reality. We utilize higher technology to portray ONLY LOWER EMOTIONS like anger, greed and lust. None of these require elegance. Thus, movie acting has become horribly casual except in very rare movies. About the songs, the less said the better. At least to recognize that skills of story telling have fallen to disgrace, our children should see old movies also to spur their own intellect and judgement.
So dear friends, my views may not be totally agreeable, but certainly they are not out of place . Thus, N O A gave me the occasion to open myself up more to compare the agreeable and the less agreeable. All of our friends can heave a sigh of relief that the series on N O A comes to an end. I thank every one of you for your views, that may be posted under the relevant item.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
baroque

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BEST POST!

ENJOYED completely.

Way to go, Sir!

Vinatha.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Movies - A Special Section! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: