"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyrics - Ohoho Odum Ennangale - Neelavaanam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Lyrics - Ohoho Odum Ennangale - Neelavaanam Reply with quote

படம்: நீலவானம்
பாடியவர்: பீ. சுசீலா
இசை: மெல்லிசை மன்னர்

ஒஹோஹோ, ஓடும் எண்ணங்களே,
ஓடோடி சென்று காதல் பெண்ணின் உறவை சொல்லுங்களேன்
நீராடும் எந்தன் ஆசை நெஞ்சின் நிலையை சொல்லுங்களேன்
ஒஹோஹோ, ஓடும் எண்ணங்களே

வருஷந்தோறும் வசந்தம் தேடி வருவோம் இங்கே
வாடை காற்றில் மூடும் பனியில் மகிழ்வோம் இங்கே
ஒன்று சேரும் அந்த நேரம் பிள்ளை போலே ஆடலாம்
ஆடி ஆடி காலம் மாறி, அன்னை தந்தை ஆகலாம்
(ஒஹோஹோ ஓடும் எண்ணங்களே)

நீரும் மாறும் நிலமும் மாறும் அறிவோம் கண்ணா
மாறும் உலகில் மாறா இளமை அடைவோம் கண்ணா
நீல வானம் சாட்சியாக இன்று போலே வாழுவோம்
கால தேவன் கோவில் மீது பாச தீபம் காணுவோம்
(ஒஹோஹோ ஓடும் எண்ணங்களே)

சிவாஜியும் தேவிகாவும் நடித்த அருமையான படம். குறிப்பாக இந்த படத்தில் தேவிகா அவர்களின் நடிப்பு மிகவும் அபாரமாக இருக்கும். அவரின் கதா பாத்திரம் குழந்தைத்தனமாக சித்தரிக்கப்பட்டிருக்கும். தனக்கு ஒரு நோய் இருப்பதே கடைசிவரை உணராத கதாபாத்திரம் இவருடையது. இவர் இந்த படத்தில் திருமண வாழ்கையிலும், ஒரு குழந்தைக்கு தாயாக வேண்டும் என்பதிலும் மிகுந்த ஈடுபாடு உள்ளவராக இருப்பார். தனக்கு திருமணம் தள்ளிபோவதை எண்ணி வருத்தத்துடன், தன் தந்தையின் அலுவலகத்தில் வேலை செய்யும் சிவாஜியிடம் வெகுளித்தனமாக சொல்லி, நீங்கள் ஏன் என்னை திருமணம் செய்துகொள்ளக் கூடாது என்று கேட்பார். பிறகு சிவாஜியும், தேவிகாவின் தந்தை மூலம் அவரை பற்றிய உண்மைகளை தெரிந்துக் கொண்டு, முழு மனதுடன் தேவிகாவை மணம் புரிவார். அவர்கள் இருவரும் தேன்நிலவுக்கு செல்லும்போது தேவிகா இந்த பாடலை பாடுவார்.

அழகான மெட்டில் அமைந்த இனிமையான பாடல் இது. High pitch-l அமைந்த இந்த பாடலை அற்புதமாக பாடி இருக்கிறார் சுசீலா. பாடல் மிக அழகான humming-l தொடங்கும். முதல் முறை வரும் பல்லவியை தொடர்ந்து ஒரு அழகான புல்லாங்குழல் ராகம் பாட, அந்த ராகத்தை விட இனிமையான குரலில் மீண்டும் சுசீலா பல்லவியை பாடுவார். சரணம் பாடுவதற்கு முன் xylophone உடன் தொடரும் அந்த வயலின், மேலும் இரண்டாவது சரணத்துக்கு முன் வரும் அந்த ஷெனாய் இசையும் சேர்ந்து நம்மையும் அந்த எழில் கொஞ்சும் இயற்கை காட்சிகளை மனக்கண்ணாலேயே ரசிக்க வைக்கும்.

பாடலின் ஒவ்வொரு வரியிலும் அவள் தன் வாழ்கையை எவ்வளவு ரசிக்கிறாள் என்பதை சொல்லுவாள். 'வாழ்கை வாழ்வதற்கே' என்பதற்கு ஏற்றார் போல் இந்த பாடலின் ஒவ்வொரு வரிகளையும் மிக அழகாக கவிஞர் எழுதி உள்ளார்.
சந்தோஷத்தில் மனம் குளிர்கிறது, சந்தோஷ மழையில் மனம் நனைகிறது என்பது போல கவிஞர் இந்த பாடலின் பல்லவியில்

//நீராடும் எந்தன் ஆசை நெஞ்சின் நிலையை சொல்லுங்களேன்//

என்று எழுதி இருப்பது அழகு.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meenakshi Madam,

You have chosen a wonderful song yet again ! I have seen this movie . Devika and Nadigar Thilagam are perfect combination . Another song where he has to just give expressions only . P.Susheela gives a lovely handshake from charanam to pallavi . The song has good echoing effect & gives a feeling as if its picturised in a valley ! Susheela takes honours with her brilliant high pitch to low pitch variations . No words can give a befitting tribute to the Master who once again has set a lilting melodious tune . He is the Little Champion Smile
Venkat

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ms.Meenakshi,

As usual another wonderful analysis from you for a sweet song.
The same movie has another gem from TMS "Oh Little Flower" with luvly piano, guitar, flute.

Oho ho odum ennanagale - intha paadalai kekkumpothu, innoru luvly song by PS enaku ninaivu varum.
Movie - Sumathi En Sundari
Song - Orayiram naadagam aadinaal...

Intha paadalilum PS pala variation-la paaduvanga...
Ram

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi Ma'm...

Great description of a wonderful song by Master Creator from the film "NeelaVaanam". Another beauty piano pick from this movie is "Oh Little Flower" which I had described in my Piano series.

"எழில் கொஞ்சும் இயற்கை காட்சிகளை மனக்கண்ணாலேயே ரசிக்க வைக்கும்" - Absolutely true!

I may sound repeating, but the way you are analysing the songs and your perfect description of the lyrical and musical nuances of the songs is simply fabulous. I'm really running short of words to appreciate your efforts!! Great going Ma'm!!

Hats-Off!!
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi madam,

Thank you once again.

I wonder who penned the lyrics, is it Kaviarasar? Fabulous!

Mellisai Maamannar MSV has extracted what he wanted from P Susheela's voice and she simply excels. As you have said, she infuses so much life into this song.
After reading your post, I see a different dimension to this song. It is actually a fast song but there is an undertone of sadness in it. The character singing this song is so optimistic about the future but the listeners/viewers know that this would not be the case. And how? Is it because we know the story line? No, the composition of the song alone would suffice. Who better to convey this bi-polar feeling in the same song than our Musical Legend. I am lost for words to describe his creative genius at interweaving a seemingly fast and happy song with an impending sense of despair. Melancholy at its best.

Regards,
parthavi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuhi Sethu while interviewing MSV and TKR (separately) in Vijay TV, a few years ago, mentioned that all the songs in Puthiya Paravai have an undertone of pathos in them, underlining the fact that the film has a tragic end. As a layman (in the field of music appreciation) I was not able to sense it. Someone can enlighten me on this. Has this been the pattern in some other film also? Of course, this is more clear in Nenjil Oer Aalayam.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: