"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Singer L R ESWARI

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Singer L R ESWARI Reply with quote

Dear friends,
I deem it our duty to recall the merits of LRE especially when we deeply reminisce about MSV and his immortal compositions. Introduced and christened by Shri. KVM, LOURDU RAJESWARI BECAME LRE just to retain an identity different from that of MS Rajeswari already well known as a playback singer. Yet, LRE reached a height by rendering certain out of the world compositions of MSV. Therefore I dedicate this 300th posting of mine to LRE who needs being studied for her innate skills of voice embellishments.
Look at these numbers
Aadavaralam Aadvarellam
Varavaendum oru pozhughu
Malarendra mugam
Pattaththu Raani
Innum oray murai [Siriththa mugam- for Shankar Ganesh]
Aattukutti aattukkutti [ Mani Osai]
as some examples of her solo and she has effectively paired with other singers as well.
Muthukkulikka vareeeyala
Avalukkkenna
Minminiyai kanmanioi [with TMS]
Sandhippoma
Kanni vaenduma
Mullil Roja [with PBS]
Mella pesungal [ With Kovai sounderrajan]
Nee ninaithal [WITH MSV]
Aarambam inray aagattum [ with SPB]
KATTODU KUZHALAADA AADA [with PS]
are some examples of the range over which LRE has been availed of .
I know for sure that the songs hinted are just a microscopic sample not chosen after any meticulous survey. Whatever came from memory have just been listed. There have been occasions when perhaps none else would have served better, as for instance, Pattaththu raani and THAEN aatrin karaidhanile[ utharivinri ulle vaa] , Muthukkulikka vareeyala whre she has embellished each number in an inimitable way. Often songs figuring LRE have had the reputation of holding the listener. In all the romantic niumbers that she has taken part, she has firmly established her lovable dominance in singing. She has always displayed a seductive punch in modulating the voice as well giving a fine thrill by a typical emotive response. Excellent examples are Nee ninaithal, Hello my dear wrong number [with KJJ] where she has pumped romance by that single utterance of HELLO an awesome way to trap the listener. All her songs have been punctuated by rapidity and rhythm as she was generally availed of for ballet sequences. A major feature of LRE has been her ease of casual approach rendering the listener -a weak victim succumbing to the dominant wizardy of romance. Simply the listener feels it a personal invitation for him. To have done this for near 30 years is just no mean feat especially if one considers the then requirements of having go with orchestra the whole sequence with no track recording; Yet her track record has been supreme indeed. Kudos to MSV who knew how to embellish a song and by whom. I invite all our friends to share their responses on this great singer of our times.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: The one and only Rajeswari Lourdu Reply with quote

Dear Professor Madhuraman,
Congratulations for your landmark posting. 300 is not an easy milestone to reach and you have it with aplomb. Great! And that comes timely with your posting on L.R. Easwari. What else you need.
There are innumerable songs of LR Easwari to quote. Among my very favourite (very difficult to leave any thing and so othrs are not unfavourite), is the one from Enna Mudhalaali Sowkkiyamaa. It is the song Egypt Nattin Ilavarasi. This is an equal number in quality and weight to Pattatthu Raani. In each and every line she puts her stamp firmly. This song is a must to be listened by each and every MSV fan. Of course there are many numbers, like just the one I wrote in the other thread, Ponnaale Vaazhum Pudhiya Ulagamidhu. And not to be missed is the song in Edhirkaalam, Mounam thaan pesiyadho. And another noteworthy by her is the song from the film Thapaalakaaran Thangai, Poruthukko Konjam Porutthukko (music by KVM). This film is a classic as far as Major Sundarraajan is concerned. He will be suffering from a disease (I vaguely remember it as Leprosy) and Vanisree will take care of him unmindful of those beliefs of untouchability of leprosy patients. When consoling Muthuraman that she is not attending him, she will render this song. And there are others too. e.g. Kutthaala aruviyil kulithu vandha from the film Uyira Manama with Seergaazhi S. Govindarajan. I myself will need a length for about 300 postings to write about L.R. Easwari.
Very good that you have dedicated your landmark posting to L.R. Easwari.
RAghavendran.
Venkat

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear All,

Undoubtedly LRE is a gifted singer to TFM.
Sri MSV has given her a lot of experimental songs.

Athula pala songs neega already mention panniteenga.

My all time favorite song:
Naan Avan Illai - Ingey naan paruvakumari...
Intha song kidaicha romba nallarukum.

Utharavindri Ulle Vaa - Thenatrangarayinile...
Kudiyiruntha Koil - Thulluvadho Ilamai...
Ippadi sollikonde pogalam...

Romantic endrathum ninaivuku varuvadhu...
Maranthepochu romba naal aachu - Athaya Mamiya

Movie - Maro Charitra
Song - Bhale Bhale Magadi
Singers - SPB and LRE

This song is a combination of Telugu and English (by Randor Guy)
LRE sings in Telugu with some English.
SPB sings for Kamal in English.
At the end of the song, SPB will sing in Telugu as if he doesn't know Telugu.
Please do not miss this song.
Its a gem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Singers All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: