"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RONNIE DAVID NO MORE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:34 am    Post subject: RONNIE DAVID NO MORE Reply with quote

Dear Members,

The core crew of MSVTIMES.COM announces with profound grief the passing away of one of the greatest violinists of our Legend MSV, Shri. Ronnie David on 9th October 2007. Mr. David accompanied our Creator for almost 4 decades during which he has played for many movies. Mr. David's last work done was for Vaaliban Sutrum Ulagam. During the song recording of this movie, I had a very interesting chat with him for a long time and he was explaining how our Master Creator worked, how his composing capabilities were and many more incidents that happened yester-years. He was in absolute praise for our Master and spontaneously acknowledged the fact that our Legend is a Master of Musicians. Late Shri. David fondly calls our Legend as "Visu".

I wish to recall for the benefit of all those who may not have seen him. In the song "Paramasivan Kazhuthilirundhu Paambu Kettathu, Garuda Sowkiyama", during the first interlude, the orchestra members will stand up & play. Late Shri. David is the tall man with dark glasses, playing the violin. Late Shri. David's contribution to the World of film music will ever be remembered and in particular movies like Puthia Paravai and wherever there were violins unleashed, Late Shri. Ronnie David was always there.

In fact during my conversation he picked up a violin from his case and told me that it was 100 years old. Unfortunately the violin was going strong even after a century, but Shri. David couldn't continue his musical journey any further.

MSVTIMES.COM WILL MISS YET ANOTHER MEMBER OF THE MSV CREW FOREVER. OUR HEART FELT CONDOLENCES TO HIS BEREAVED FAMILY.

CORE CREW
MSVTIMES.COM

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the cruel destiny has snatched away another great artist & elite troupe member of the Master. Sad to hear about Mr. Ronie David's end.

Dear Vaidy,

Here, I really appreciate you and the MSV times crew for having invited him & honoured him at the time of the launch. I am sure, his soul will be with us to bless the site always.

Lets pray for his soul to rest in peace & at the same time heart felt condolences to the bereaved family .

I request you to post his photos so that it gets registered permanently here. I would suggest giving a photo link to all the artists names listed in another part of the website. Is it possibie ?
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

இசை உலகுக்கு இன்னொரு இழப்பு. மெல்லிசை மன்னருக்கு தனிப்பட்ட முறையில் இன்னொரு உற்ற நண்பரை இழந்த பேரிழப்பு. இது போன்ற இழப்புகளைத் தாங்கும் சக்தியை இறைவன் அவருக்கு தர வேண்டும்.

சில ஆண்டுகளுக்கு முன்பு, சென்னை பல்கலைக்கழக நூற்றாண்டு விழா மணடபத்தில் மெல்லிசை மாமன்னரின் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடந்தபோது, நிகழ்ச்சியின் இடையே அவரது குழுவின் அங்கத்தவர்களை தனித்தனியாக அவர் அறிமுகம் செய்து வைத்தபோது அவரால் அறிமுகம் செய்து வைக்கப்பட்டவர்களில் ரோனி டேவிட்டும் ஒருவர். அந்த நிகழ்ச்சி இன்னும் பசுமையாக நினைவில் உள்ளது. அன்று அறிமுகம் செய்து வைக்கப்பட்ட மாண்டலின் ராஜுவும், ஜோஸப் கிருஷ்ணாவும் கூட இப்போது நம்மிடையே இல்லை. மனது கனத்துப்போகிறது. மரணம் ஒன்றே நிரந்தரம் என்ற பேருண்மை நம் மனதை சம்மட்டியாய் தாக்குகிறது.

பாலாஜி அண்ணா சொன்னது போல, மெல்லிசை மாமன்னரின் குழுவைச்சேர்ந்தவர்களின் புகைப்படங்களை நமது போட்டோ காலரியில் நிரந்தரமாக இடம் பெறச்செய்வதே அவர்களுக்கு நாம் செய்யும் அஞ்சலி.
S.SAMPAT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ramki, Vaidy and other crew members,

I am very sad knowing that Mr.Ronald David is no more with us. I plead M/s. Ramki, Vaidy to invite the living crew members of the giant to know more about the Master. It is high time that we should make this happen. One by one, every one is leaving us forever.

PLEASE ....................

With love
Sampat
irenehastings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Sampath

Yours is not only a good suggestion but an essential too.

Their experiences with our MSV sir, especially while recording songs, must be collected and should be kept as permenant record.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Ronnie David, Reply with quote

Dear friends,
Though I have earlier gone through the postings on Ronnie David's demise, only now I am impelled to make this suggestion. The core crew can right away request MSV to identify all the available artistes, singers, assistants like [Shankar] Ganesh, Govardhanam [now in Salem] and important Recordists and Movie Directors; Arrange to have loud thinking that should retrieve information about all their days of interaction. It would bring to light what MSV vividly acknowledges as TEAM WORK. That way all of us can get to know of finer aspects of the then cine-making. All these data may have to recorded on video / CD so that posterity does not totally lose sight of the genuine contributors, for mere lack of information. Unfortunately we are away from the hub and are just able to make suggestions. Yet we harp on these ideas with fond hopes that at least some of these may turn out to be effective. THE CORE CREW MAY PLEASE TAKE UP WORK ON THESE LINES TO GIVE THE RIGHT LEAD TO SUCH REQUIREMENTS, IN AN EFFORT TO CONSOLIDATE OUR FAMILIARITY WITH THE LEGEND AND HIS ASSOCIATES.
PLEASE CONSIDER THE PROSPECTS SERIOUSLY.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Madurai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: