"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pick a Song and Analyze-NAANORU KUZHANDHAI-Padagotti
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sridhar.mg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Pick a Song and Analyze-NAANORU KUZHANDHAI-Padagotti Reply with quote

Dear Friends,

Last week while I was travelling in my car with my family I was playing this song after a very long time. I was too stunned for the nth time & I could not sleep for a week. What a great melody. It became the favourite song of my 8 year-old daughter who was playing it again & again.

Great Song.

Regards,
Sridhar M G

madhuraman wrote:
Dear friends,
The present choice of mine is a song from Padagotti scripted by Vaalee and composed by MSV-TKR and sung by TMS for MGR
First the lyric
Naanoru kuzhandhai Neeyoru kuzhandhai
Oruvar madiyilae oruvaradi
NaLoru maeni pozhudhoru vaNNam
Oruvar manadhilae oruvaradi [Pallavi]

Naetroru thotram indroru maatram
Paarththaaal Paarvaikku theriyaadhu [Repeats]
Thodangiya paadhaiyil Thodarndhu varaaaamal
Dhooraththil ninral puriyaadhu [Repeats]
Pavalakkodiyae vaa
Chinthamaniyae vaa
MaNi megalaiyae vaa
Mangammavae vaa
[Pallavi]
Oorariyaamal uravariyaaamal
Yaar varachonnaar kaattukkulae
OaDiya kaalgalai Oada vidamaal
Yaar thaduththaar unnai veetttukkullae
Aaaavi thudiththadhu naanum azhaiththaen
Neeyum vandhaai en paattukkullae

Pavalakodiye vaa
.................. vaa
[Pallavi]

THIS IS AN EVERGREEN NUMBER THOUGH THE CHARACTER OF THE SCENE appears in disguise of an old man. But from the word go the song runs in brisk pace and has all the beauties of an ideal song. The lyric and orchestration literally vie with each other, Yet neither allowing the other to take an edge. What a marvellous composition?
The piece opens with string play and from then on it is TMS all over in grand style in carnatic grandeur. But the major part of the percussion has been done by bangos Until the peultimate stanza Pavalakkodiyae vaa till the very winding up.Infact Tabla takes over from bangos for Pavalakkodiyae vaa. At all other places it is a bango song though the song is essentially in carnatic rendition.
Every contributor has enriched this piece in lyric, voice embellishment and orchestration. Could anyone have filled the berth in place of TMS is undoubtedly doubtful. Valee has emerged as a grand poet in the first charanam [Naetroru thotram indroru maatram] hinting at the disguise that MGR was in. The men most felt [though not visible] were MSV- TKR as MDs churning a musical bonanza. Typical continuity between ludes , lyric tunes , interludes, change over from percussion styles between Bango /Tabla are all GRAND ELEMENTS OF LASTING VITALITY of this song. Amazing would be an understatement if we try to describe the seamless continuity in every spot through this magnificent composition. Our knowledgeable friends may please analyse the finer details of this music library.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: