"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"Maalai naera thendral" from Neerum Neruppum

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: "Maalai naera thendral" from Neerum Neruppum Reply with quote

This song from the film Neerum Neruppum is another example for the genius in MSV. The rhythm will vary. The tone, the tune, the picturisation, all in all one of the best songs by the maestro. Sung by SPB and PSuseela. Choreography will go along with the tune and there is not a single bit of deviation. Listen and also view to enjoy.
V. Raghavendran
sridhar.mg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:48 pm    Post subject: Re: "Maalai naera thendral" from Neerum Neruppum Reply with quote

ragasuda wrote:
This song from the film Neerum Neruppum is another example for the genius in MSV. The rhythm will vary. The tone, the tune, the picturisation, all in all one of the best songs by the maestro. Sung by SPB and PSuseela. Choreography will go along with the tune and there is not a single bit of deviation. Listen and also view to enjoy.
V. Raghavendran

Thanks for reminding members about this gem. There are some more great songs from this movie "Neerum Neruppum" like " Kanni Oruthi Madiyil" & " Kadavul Vaazthu Paadum". I request you to analyse these too for the benfit of members.

The Emperor has humbly told in several interviews & me also personally when I met him, that songs of this movie are the worst of his creations because of too much interference from MGR. I totally disagreed with him in this regard. If these gems are the worst of the Emperor then what about the others. I request members to listen to the songs of 'Neerum Neruppum" & give their opinion about htese songs.

I would like to inform the members my observation in this regard. The film was released in 1971. The songs of this movie were NEVER broadcast in Vividhbharathi/AIR/Radio Ceylon as the producers never made any attempt to market the music rights. This is the reason for the songs not being popular. I would like to inform members that I have seen this movie about 20 times just for the songs.

The songs of this movie deserves its rightful place- TOP CATEGORY.
I hope others agree with me.

SRIDHAR M.G.
sridhar.mg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:50 am    Post subject: Re: "Maalai naera thendral" from Neerum Neruppum Reply with quote

sridhar.mg wrote:
ragasuda wrote:
V. Raghavendran

Thanks for reminding members about this gem. There are some more great songs from this movie "Neerum Neruppum" like " Kanni Oruthi Madiyil" & " Kadavul Vaazthu Paadum". I request you to analyse these too for the benfit of members.

The Emperor has humbly told in several interviews & me also personally when I met him, that songs of this movie are the worst of his creations because of too much interference from MGR. I totally disagreed with him in this regard. If these gems are the worst of the Emperor then what about the others. I request members to listen to the songs of 'Neerum Neruppum" & give their opinion about htese songs.

I would like to inform the members my observation in this regard. The film was released in 1971. The songs of this movie were NEVER broadcast in Vividhbharathi/AIR/Radio Ceylon as the producers never made any attempt to market the music rights. This is the reason for the songs not being popular. I would like to inform members that I have seen this movie about 20 times just for the songs.

SRIDHAR M.G.

I would like to add some more.

Songs of "Neerum Neruppum" are :
1. Kanni Oruthi Madiyil - A beautiful duet by TMS & PS.
2. Kadavul Vaazthu Paadum- By TMS & Chorus.
3. Kondu Vaa Innum Konjam-An intoxicating Solo by S.Janaki.
4. Maalai Nera Thendral- Great Duet By SPB & PS.
5. Kattu Mella Kattu-Dance Number By L.R.Eswari.
6. Virundho Nalla Virundhu- By L.R.Eswari & others

Highlight of the above No. 6 song is that it is in all the S. Indian languages i.e., Tamil, Kannada, Telugu & Malayalam. Hindi portion was also recorded, but is not there in the movie, maybe due to political compulsions of the hero MGR.

There is also a dance sequence set to a fantastic instrumental piece by the Emperor.

Another highlight is the fantastic background score in this action movie.

I request members to view/listen to the above songs/music & give their expert opinion.

Sridhar M.G.
ragasuda

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: "Maalai naera thendral" from Neerum Neruppum Reply with quote

[quote="sridhar.mg"][quote="sridhar.mg"][quote="ragasuda"]This song from the film Neerum Neruppum is another example for the genius in MSV. The rhythm will vary. The tone, the tune, the picturisation, all in all one of the best songs by the maestro. Sung by SPB and PSuseela. Choreography will go along with the tune and there is not a single bit of deviation. Listen and also view to enjoy.
V. Raghavendran[/quote]

SRIDHAR M.G.[/quote]

I would like to add some more.

Songs of "Neerum Neruppum" are :
1. Kanni Oruthi Madiyil - A beautiful duet by TMS & PS.
2. Kadavul Vaazthu Paadum- By TMS & Chorus.
3. Kondu Vaa Innum Konjam-An intoxicating Solo by S.Janaki.
4. Maalai Nera Thendral- Great Duet By SPB & PS.
5. Kattu Mella Kattu-Dance Number By L.R.Eswari.
6. Virundho Nalla Virundhu- By L.R.Eswari & others

Highlight of the above No. 6 song is that it is in all the S. Indian languages i.e., Tamil, Kannada, Telugu & Malayalam. Hindi portion was also recorded, but is not there in the movie, maybe due to political compulsions of the hero MGR.

There is also a dance sequence set to a fantastic instrumental piece by the Emperor.

Another highlight is the fantastic background score in this action movie.

I request members to view/listen to the above songs/music & give their expert opinion.

Sridhar M.G.[/quote]
Dear Sri Sridhar M.G.,
As you say, if the songs of Neerum Neruppum are worst, and if the worst (termed by the creator) is in such great esteem, imagine the rest. I liked all the songs of NN, particularly this malai nera thendral. This film is a remake of the Aboorva SagodarargaL of M.K. Radha. All the songs of Aboorva SagodarargaL were hit. Three songs were most popular - odakkara, maanum mayilum and the dinner song by P. Banumathi. This dinner song was the one virundo virundu rendered by L.R. Easwari. MGR never disregarded MSV's compositions but in fact brought the best in them. But sometimes when this goes beyond bounds, the results turn vice versa. This may be an example. But for us the song of NN are real gems. Of course the reason for the deletion of Hindi portion is best known and MGR can not be singled out for this. We have to consider other factors. This film had the great expectations from MGR fans and if I am correct, this film created a record of sorts in the advance reservation in the film history of MGR. But for the reasons best known to them, this film should have had a very good reception. There were many instances of unwanted happenings during the shooting of the film which gained more publicity than the film should have. Any way past is past. Thank you for your response.
Raghavendran.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Rare Songs of MSV All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: