"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Missing Members

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
irenehastings

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:14 pm    Post subject: Missing Members Reply with quote

Following are some of the active members in our forum, but keep silent now. We request them to return to the active participation:

** SrinivasNV - A very good analyser (analyst?) of several MSV songs, but now not in picture. Why sir?. please come back.

** tvsankar (Usha madam) - she was very active once, but now showing head once in a blue moon.

** saradhaa_sn (Saradha madam) - another active member, but she is in 'stay away' due to her pregnency. We hope she will come back soon with her new child.

** Dr.Dhamodharan - we strongly hope that he is not able to participate more, due to his busy status in his profession.

** Ramasamy Sujatha - He is an active member from NZ, and hope he will come with his previous activeness.

** Venugopal Soundarrajan - He was very active and posted 165 posts within a short period of lessthan 3 months, but then disappeared.

and also many memebers like BaskerCS, Viswapriyan, srandy... etc are not found for a long period.

We request all the members to come back and participate in the forum and make it more glorious.

thanks
irene....
madhuraman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Speak to Members Reply with quote

Dear Friends ,
As you can find, Mr. Irene has painstakingly compiled a list of names recalling their subdued appearance at the site. While his sentiments of inviting all our friends to enliven the forum are understandable, it also reminds us of the need to expand list of well wishers of MSV who are still at large in the sense, many need to be appraised of such a forum besides being told of the ease with which one can post neutral enrtries devoted to MSV at this forum. As a sort of service, Mr.Cho may be requested to accommodate in 'THUGLAK' a short write-up on MSV Times.com highlighting the total number of active members, total number of threads and the total number of entries in the period between Dec-2006 and Dec 2007 and invite positive writing on MSV Times as an era of TFM. This is requested to attract several diehard fans of MM to join and enhance the value of the forum. I feel it would be a well directed approach as otherwise the scope of such participants locating the forum on their own appears somewhat bleak. Some forum managers may have to get Mr. Cho's support for this endeavour by appropriately briefing him of the necessity. I trust it would be a good help.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
msvramki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Professor,

Though our MSVTIMES.COM is bringing out the glories of MellisaiMannar with wonderful postings of (few) fans, we need to bring in analysis of many many more rasikas around the globe, as you have rightly said.

Your suggesion of requesting CHO to write about this site is a good one.
We will see how this could be done.

I do not know whether we can do similiarly in other leading weeklies like
Kumudam, AnandaVikatan etc. Can any of our members help ?

Ramki

madhuraman

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Speak to Members Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ramki,
Thank you for your prompt response. My idea of looking for "THUGLAK" is on two counts. Mr.Cho is a well known wellwisher of MSV and most readers of the magazine are in the age bracket of 50+ requiring no detailed description of MSV's grandeur. That is why I suggested highlighting only the most salient aspects of the site MSV Times.com, so that the publishers can accommodate a narrow box insertion on a free /concessional basis. As of now, I do not visualize our site in a state of affluence to bringout paid insertions in well known outlets. It is not a bad idea if someone can wield influence to augment similar support by the likes of the weeklies suggested by yourgoodself. Let us hope that good minds come to our help at this juncture.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Irene,

I apologize for my prolonged absence from the forum. What with very sick patients, teaching medical undergraduates and assisting with the MRCP exams and so on, I regretfully stayed away. The 'difficulty' I have is, anytime I visit the website, I spend a lot of time because many of the members' writings are so absorbing and exhilarating. There are many threads I visit again and again. So it never is a quick 'browsing'.

Mr.Ramki's and Prof.Raman's idea of requesting Mr.Cho Ramasamy to write about our Legend appeals to me immensely. I have a lot of respect for Mr.Cho. He is a prolific writer and has been associated with the tamil film world for decades. I strongly believe he appreciates good music, fair minded and has always done things because he thought it was right to do so rather than for profit - material or otherwise. I hope he kindly assents to our request.

With sincere regards,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Doctor...

Great to see you back after a short while... Please continue to share your MSV memories with others!

Dear Professor and others..

Yes idea of brining in "CHO" is definitely great... Hope the idea gets a shape!
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,

Me too like the idea of Prof. Thuklaq has a wider audience whose general age group is in the 50s and 60s & they must be the ones to rope in the Master’s website.

I have few more ideas….. Someone in Chennai may interview erstwhile lyricists like Pulamai Pithan, Mu Mehta, Valee, Muthulingam etc so that they can share with us memories of how lyrics were written say for a Sivaji or MGR movie and how tune was composed, the time taken & any memorable incident etc. This will add spice to the website .
Another angle could be having a chat with PBS, P.Susheela, LRE, S.Janaki, SPB. They can share with us glorious , halcyon days of the Master…

Lastly, the orchestra team of MSV must be the most targeted men who can give a clear picture on how tune was set, orchestra arrangements were made , how fast they were recorded etc….

If we can interview ( Shankar ) Ganesh, he can throw more light on his association with the Master….
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Speak to Members, Introduce Yourself, Discuss any topic of your interest, Fun, Puzzles, Riddles, Games All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: