"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lyrics - Chellakiligalaam - Enga Mama

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Lyrics - Chellakiligalaam - Enga Mama Reply with quote

படம்: எங்க மாமா
பாடியவர்: டி.எம். சௌந்தரராஜன், இசை: மெல்லிசை மன்னர்

செல்லக்கிளிகளாம் பள்ளியீலே, செவ்வந்தி பூக்களாம் தொட்டிலிலே
என் பொன்மணிகள் ஏன் தூங்கவில்லை?

கன்றின் குரலும் கன்னி தமிழும் சொல்லும் வார்த்தை அம்மா அம்மா
கருணை தேரில் அலையும் உயிர்கள் உருகும் வார்த்தை அம்மா அம்மா
எந்த மனதில் பாசம் உண்டோ அந்த மனமே அம்மா அம்மா
இன்பக்கனவை அள்ளிதரவே இறைவன் என்னை தந்தானம்மா

(செல்லக்கிளிகளாம்)

தந்தை ஒருவன் அந்த இறைவன் அவனும் அன்னை இல்லாதவன்
தன்னை தேடி ஏங்கும் பிள்ளை கண்ணில் உறக்கம் கொள்வான் அவன் பூவும் பொன்னும் பொருந்தி வாழும் மழலை கேட்டேன் தந்தான் அவன்
நாளை உலகில் நீயும் நானும் வாழும் வழிகள் செய்வான் அவன்

(செல்லக்கிளிகளாம்)
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:17 am    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi Mam,
Welcome to this elite club of music lovers of the music wizrd Shri M.S.Viswanathan. In all your three posts, you have broughtforth some excellent numbers from MSV[TKR]. While thanking you for recalling these, may we request you to add a few lines like how you enjoyed them - for kyric, singing or orchestration or how the song really influenced you. Most songs have a treasure value of taking you back to the days of their first appearance and make you rejuvenate by years
[ only the best composed songs can do it of course]. Our request is that , such wrire-ups make people recognize your talents, tastes and induce their thought process for the very same number. We wholeheartedly welcome your participation and look forward to your perceptions about the themes you look at. Thank you.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meenakshi mam, welcome...

Check here another madam's post:

http://www.msvtimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Professor.

I breathe old songs. All the members of this club are doing a wonderful job analysing the songs being posted and welcome new members well. It is a little difficult for me to write about the songs the way others are writing but I will try to write about the songs that I am positng up to my knowledge.

Last edited by Meenakshi on Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Lyrics Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi Mam,
Thank you for your quick reply. Not only yourself, anyone desirous of high quality songs MUST have to breathe old songs. They are old ONLY BY OUR FAMILIARITY and are absolutely fresh in impact. They rapidly transform us into a lovable state of nostalgia and HELP US TO RELIVE all those cherished moments. One should be genuinely PROUD of being a lover of old songs. It is absolutely in order, to be so. Don't sellers of brew boast of holding the oldest wine? Old signifies Maturity. All the later songs have successfully fallen by the wayside pathetically and are reminding of the calibre of OLD lyricists and MDs. Let us be proud of our treasure. If people fail to discern the CHAFF FROM THE GRAIN, IT IS NO FAULT OF THE GRAIN.
Kindly do not hermetically seal yourself saying that "I CANNOT WRITE THE WAY OTHERS DO". None should attempt to write like 'others'. In fact many write better and do greater justice. Yet I write for the pleasure of recalling my understanding / perceptions. So mam, come out in full blast and add to the glories of MSV songs.
Good luck.
WARM REGARDS Prof.K.Raman NAVI MUMBAI
Meenakshi

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Mr. Irenehastings.

'செல்லக்கிளிகலாம் பள்ளியிலே' திரு. டி.எம்.எஸ். அவர்களின் தாலாட்டும் குரலில் அமைந்த இந்த தாலாட்டு, கேட்பவர் மனதை எல்லாம் தாலாட்டும். மெல்லிசை மன்னர் இந்த பாடலை மோகன ராகத்தில் தாலாட்டி இருக்கிறார். இப்பாடலில் வரும் வயலின் மற்றும் புல்லாங்குழல் நம்மை மேலும் தாலாட்டும். இந்த மோகன ராகத்தில் இவர் இசை அமைத்த பாடல்கள் ஏராளம். அவை அனைத்துமே நமக்கு மோகனமாக அமைந்துள்ளது.
'எங்க மாமா' படத்தில் வரும் இந்த பாடல் பற்றியும், படத்தை பற்றியும் சாரதா மேடம் அவர்கள் மிக அழகாக எழுதி உள்ளார்கள்.
இந்தப்பாடலில் எனக்கு மிகவும் பிடித்த வரிகள்

'எந்த மனதில் பாசம் உண்டோ, அந்த மனமே அம்மா. அம்மா' .
'நாளை உலகில் நீயும் நானும் வாழும் வழிகள் செய்வான் அவன்'

எத்தனை நம்பிக்கை வளர்க்கும் வரிகள்.
அநாதை குழந்தைகளை வளர்பவராக வரும் நாயகன், குழந்தைகளை உறங்க வைக்கும் பாடல் இது. அவரின் மென்மையான மனதில் வரும் ஒரு அற்புதமான தாலாட்டு இது.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: THE EMPERROR'S FAVOURITE!!! Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi,

A warm welcome to you. The song you have written about is one of Our Legend's most favorite songs. I had already written about how this song affected a young child who had lost his mother in cancer recently in Chennai. When I was with MSV recenly, this child's father had come to meet MSV to seek his Blessings for his elder son's Upanayanam. I never knew that his wife had passed away (unfortunately, what a difficult moment for all of them in their family???) and he went on to add his testing experience with his tiny tot who was terribly missing his mother and he refused to sleep for many days. This father (who himself is a fabulous singer) who tried all his best to comfort his child to sleep but couldn't succeed and pat.... came the idea.... He started singing Chella Kiligalam Palliyiley..... Not only did the child go to sleep peacefully (and instantly!!!!!!) but from that day insisted that this great song be sung by his father for him to sleep Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

I was literally in tears and was fighting hard to control my emotions. Look at the way Our Master's Music serves the world. The power of His music must be experienced by one & all. I have experienced it this day and have been experiencing it every day.

Glorious Moments - MSV MOMENTS!!!

Thank you Meenakshi for your excellent write-up. Though you have mentioned about many people writing about songs that have already been heard or discussed many times, the beauty is that no one EVER gets fed up or bored listening to them repeatedly. Same way, you can also write about any song as each one's analysis & perspective about MSV is absolutely different from one another and this way not only do we get to share different directions of MSV's music, but at the same time enjoy the music as well as the writing pleasure. Please share such wonderful moments with all of us.

CHEERS
MSV MOVES!!!
VAIDY

msvramki

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi Mam

Hearty welcomes to you to MSVTIMES.COM.

As professor Raman has rightly mentioned, you keep writing about the Great Music Legend of the Era, without worrying about how others do.
That is how we all do and every article of everyone looks distinct in its own way.

Pl contiue to write as frequently as possible.

With best wishes

Ramki
Damodaran Pachaiappan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 am    Post subject: Welcome Reply with quote

Dear Meenakshi madam,
Kindly accept my belated welcome to this forum where we share our appreciation of one of the greatest musical geniuses ever to grace the surface of this earth. I am very delighted to see that you are off to a flying start with your perceptive analysis of this melodious song. It is meant to be a lullaby for kids. But it is much more than that as you have pointed out. Deeply meaningful and consoling lyrics , heart warmingly rendered by the one and only TMS and of course enacted superbly by NT. All of these made immortal by the wizadry of Mellisai Maamannar.

It was the Golden Period of Tamil film. I only wish it had continued indefinitely...

In anticipation of more soul fulfilling write up from you,
I remain,
Yours sincerely,
Damodaran Pachaiappan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: