"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kanavil Nadandado Kalyaana Oorvalam

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Kanavil Nadandado Kalyaana Oorvalam Reply with quote

A western tune blended with classical rhythm - interspersed by trumpet, clarionet, and the lively chorus - the outcome - an outstanding classic & melody of all times- only one in the whole world can do this wonder- and to enliven this classic the director has to be much much more creative - the artistes should contribute their part handsomely - the singers who are the real soul should be the most qualified and talented - and the cinematographer should be more innovative - if all of this rise to the occasion and expected levels ? a visual treat in black and white is at store - this is what this song is about - all of which have been said above suit this song. I have already written this song and I don't know how many of the forum members noticed. This song was telecast yesterday, 28.11.2007 in the Amudha Gaanam programme of the MegaTV with such an wonderful clarity - a delight to watch. The audio was crystal clear. We could hear each and every instrument clearly, each and every chorus sharp - The rhythm was outstanding - it was neither drums, bangos, tabla or congo or bass guitar - just thavil or some other Indian percussion instrument - No one in the whole world can imagine.
Professor are you listening?
V. Raghavendran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

Dear Raghavendran,
I have noticed your emotions about this masterpiece directed by CV Rajendran , picturised by PN Sundaram and the song scripted by Kannadasan and set to tune by MSV. I have narrated this piece in my own impoverished way earlier. Anyway it is a delight to recall this piece any number of times. However, I do not understand your interrogative reference "Professor are you listening?"As you may have noticed, these days I am only listening as it completely shields my inadequacies from public gaze. If you have any point that I should take note of I would only be too glad to oblige. Thank you for remembering me in the light of this song.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
ragasuda

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Kanavil nadandado Reply with quote

Dear Professor Sir,
I am very much delighted to your spontaneous response. As one of the senior most expert among MSV fans, I am very much pleased to take privilege with you and converse with right royal as a brother. If my tone is somewhat undesirable, please excuse me. Every time I submit any post, you are the first person to come to my mind. And of course there is always the core team, the elite club and other fellow hubbers. But I feel you are the right person to guide us all. That is why I take privilege with you when I write any post. Thank you very much Sir, my feeling is that we shall discuss those rare unearthed pieces instead of grinding the same flour. There are umpteen no. of master pieces from MSV which have to be taken to the next generation. These wrteched radios least bother to play any of those rare pieces of the legend and I think this is the only forum to recollect them and take to the next generation. In the same manner, I have launched the website on Nadigar Thilagam and I want the next generation to know what the contribution of these stalwarts is. Anyway, I am extremely thankful for your affectionate words. I want to see more and more posts from you.
Thank you,
V. Raghavendran
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:17 am    Post subject: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Raghavendran,
You have forced me to write again. I never felt or said anything uncomfortable about your now famous 'interrogative'. All I wanted was to know why you wanted to ascertain my listening to your view. I look forward to all writers because perceptions are as many as there are individuals; yet MSV is a delight from any point of view. As regards your reference to old gems, it is a pity that quite a few of the songs from MSV [1960s and early 1970s ] are as potent as those of well known numbers. Sometime back I had posted on HELLO Mr ZAMINDAR and still earlier on NAAN UNNAICHAERNDHA SELVAM of Kalaikovil. Probably due to uninspiring ways of my writing the two threads did not evoke any serious response or following from rasikas. Therefore , two things revealed themselves. 1. Highly familiar items are repeatedly enjoyed. 2 When better and wholesome writers can do the job in a more inspiring way, it is wiser to be an observer/ listener. Currently, I am working on a theme [with my own limitations] and I intend posting it when I feel I will be able to give it the way our members would enjoy it. Certainly I have no regrets since recalling any old item of MSV is more than a delight. At times delights are not well shared. Hope my observations do not hurt any one , because no hurt has ever been inflicted by MSV to anyone and by trying to share MY perceptions in any zeal , I should not also [EVEN INADVERTENTLY] hurt. All our friends can take liberty and express ourselves by enjoying the great pieces of the legend. So, all your observations are well taken.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:21 am    Post subject: Re: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

[quote="madhuraman"]Dear Mr.Raghavendran,
You have forced me to write again. I never felt or said anything uncomfortable about your now famous 'interrogative'. All I wanted was to know why you wanted to ascertain my listening to your view. I look forward to all writers because perceptions are as many as there are individuals; yet MSV is a delight from any point of view. As regards your reference to old gems, it is a pity that we donot recall quite a few of the songs from MSV [1960s and early 1970s ] are as potent as those of well known numbers. Sometime back I had posted on HELLO Mr ZAMINDAR and still earlier on NAAN UNNAICHAERNDHA SELVAM of Kalaikovil. Probably due to uninspiring ways of my writing the two threads did not evoke any serious response or following from rasikas. Therefore , two things revealed themselves. 1. Highly familiar items are repeatedly enjoyed. 2 When better and wholesome writers can do the job in a more inspiring way, it is wiser to be an observer/ listener. Currently, I am working on a theme [with my own limitations] and I intend posting it when I feel I will be able to give it the way our members would enjoy it. Certainly I have no regrets since recalling any old item of MSV is more than a delight. At times delights are not well shared. Hope my observations do not hurt any one , because no hurt has ever been inflicted by MSV to anyone and by trying to share MY perceptions in any zeal , I should not also [EVEN INADVERTENTLY] hurt. All our friends can take liberty and express ourselves by enjoying the great pieces of the legend. So, all your observations are well taken.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.[/quote]
Sriram Kannan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:16 am    Post subject: Re: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

madhuraman wrote:
Sometime back I had posted on HELLO Mr ZAMINDAR and still earlier on NAAN UNNAICHAERNDHA SELVAM of Kalaikovil. Probably due to uninspiring ways of my writing the two threads did not evoke any serious response or following from rasikas.

Respected Professor Sir,

We would never agree that your writing is uninspiring. You have been the inspiration for most of us to write better. But, we are not fortunate enough to have those rare songs, and as Mr. Raghavendran rightly said, AIR, the only source of unveiling such treasures, remains blunt nowadays (Not to blame AIR, I think they would be confused of listing the MDs nowadays, and spend most of their time in it). All we request is, while posting about such treasures, please give a link of where it can be found. That would be great pleasure for us.

Follow me at http://bibliomaniac-moviefanatic.blogspot.com/
irenehastings

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Balaji sir,

I edit my post to submit my thanks for given the audio link for the very special, rarely heared song.

Really it is amazing to hear.

After hearing that song I am thinking..... 'kandavanellaam ivarudaiya paadalkaLai remix panni pEr vaangumbOthu, ivar (MSV sir) thannudaiya pazhaiya paadalkaLai thaanE thiruppi pOttu padanggaLukku isai amaikkalaamE. indha paadalaippOndra rare songsai pOttaal evanukku theriya pOgirathu'.

Last edited by irenehastings on Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://psusheela.org/tam/raresongs/raresongs185.html

Dear Irene / SriramKannan,

Just follow the link above to listen to the song Very Happy

Its from the movie Anubavam Pudhumai.

Dear Prof Sir, I will second the views of SriramKannan. There is no second thoughts about your posts. They are going to be the trustworthy information for the future generation. Infact, its very hard to get senior people like you now a days ( I presume, a majority are not net savvy ). I am really happy to see knowledgeable elders like you taking active part. Pls continue with the same level of enthusiasm. Very Happy
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

Dear Irene,
For your sake, I repeat some of my earlier observations on this song from ANUBHAVAM PUDHUMAI directed by CVRajendran. It was an anubhavam pudumai for CVR being HIS FIRST MOVIE AS Director. The song was an absolute trade mark of MSV picturised in a compact room where the artistes physically float [ mind you no computer graphics] like vapour suggesting their [lovers'] mood. Everything about the song looks like Kanavu [dream] for the audience as well. I had posted this months back and little if any was the impact on our friends. By any standards the song and its picturisation in B&W can be rated of world class considering the times then.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
Ram

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Re: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

madhuraman wrote:
As you may have noticed, these days I am only listening as it completely shields my inadequacies from public gaze.

Dear Professor Sir,

Am sure this statement would bring (rather, already bought) a big dis-appointment among the MSVClub members. That too after we all celebrated your double century and club's request to guide us all through your experience, your decision would definitely be dis-heartening for everyone of us.

As Sriram told many of us have not had the opportunity to listen to very rare numbers and hence kindly pardon our delays in taking time to listen to some of the rare numbers and providing comments. Mant songs that our Ragasuda mentioned in the "rare Songs" section are in my "to be heard" list and am sure it will be the same for many in the club.

So please continue your postings as ever and provide your guidance by sharing your valuable experience with every one of us !!!

And this is a personal request on behalf of MSVClub members !!!!!
madhuraman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Kanavil nadandhadho kalyana oorvalam-Anubhavam pudhumai Reply with quote

Dear Mr.Ram,
I donot really find a need for any of our friends to make any personal appeals for my postings, in the sense that sharing our experiences on MSV's music is a delight in its own right. Yet a number of dampening features have come about that do not give us the right frame of mind to keep sharing our joyous views. I am not particulalrly referring to any person. On the whole if you see the regularity of postings there is a lax attitude. Right after the announcement about celebrating the I year, many have chosen to hibernate. Certainly each one may cite reasons for their not being sighted at the site. A few youngsters are keeping the site alive. Why this trend has come about is far beyond my comprehension. With so much of other priorities, MSV's grandeur can not be propagated by half hearted apperoaches. Though a retired person, I am still working in an institution and I find it hard to accept the claims of preoccupation. Therefore I too realized that observing is better to serving. All the same I deem it my duty to appreciate our friends who keep their schedules of visit to the site despite their preoccupation. Certainly MSV has stayed respectably high independent of our open adorations. If we find it hard to lend our participation even on an occasion, our lamentation over governments' turning a blind eye to MSV is just a lip sympathy and renders our moral stature rather low. Under the circumstances I had to pace down myself but not with any intentions of letting down the efforts. I shall certainly post my views that will help our friends to gather the information. Who ever felt that I may not post, please recognize that these are collective endeavours where higher the number of participants the greater the rewards to all vistors. I thank everyone who paisnstakingly appealed for my write-ups with the basic assurance that I am not off.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Vatsan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Kanavil.... Reply with quote

Sorry to see this song languishing, occupying 3rd or 4th spot here. Verily a masterpiece evoking feelings that can't be put forth using objects of finite shape and size...namely words. Still, let us try....could we call it eerie...romance....romance with flights of fancy, a song for the heavens with cute little angels, aura surrounding their crowns, carrying magic wands and showering their blessings.....Thanks MSV for this experience.

How many time have we heard listeners of today stating things like ' I am allowing the song to grow on me' and the such. Let them hear this song and experience the song holding them captive, leave alone "grow" on them. An "impossible" tune structure and flow that comes naturally to the composer who sits with a blank, innocent mind and gives space for something new to happen. The pallavi (first time it is sung) is followed by a threatening volley of violins and accordian with the drums, brush rolls playing a "slur" of sorts...the piano equivalent of this being the way the last few notes of the piano are play in the prelude to the song "enna enna vArthaigaLO'. Out of the Universe imagination. Chorus, piano punches and racy congo, drum rhythm overlap obliterate the distance between the listener and the flow of the song and take you to the realms of the angels. What a panache ridden variation at "nANam vidAthO" with swirls placed at both the words, followed by "vENdum nithAnam" with similar swirls and ofcourse the very endearing "enna enna....".

I did try raking up a conversation with MSV on this song when I met him first in 2000-2001. The highly "exciting" response was "neenga pAda pAda thAn gyAbagam varuthu". Sorry to dampen your spirits now, but please listen to the song again and bring your spirits back to what they were before you started reading this paragraph.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Pick a Song and Analyze! All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: