"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First Anniversary Note - Big Responsibility Ahead!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 7:58 am    Post subject: First Anniversary Note - Big Responsibility Ahead! Reply with quote

First Anniversary Note - www.MSVTimes.com

Big Responsibility Ahead

MSVTimes.com is one year "Young" !!!

Dec-6-2007 This date last year... The Core Crew was extremely busy in making the preparations for the Launch function. Invitations getting distributed, Stage arrangements being done for the evening launch function, laptops being set up with songs / Music interludes needed during the function, busy cell phones from various ends to get "Everything" done, the whole crowd awaiting the great Music personalities of a golden era, Editor-Comedian-MP - Mr.Cho's arrival - All for the biggest event in the Music History - the launch of www.MSVTimes.com - The Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer !!!

What a great moment and pride and success for each and every fan of the legend.... Combined effort of so many people, sleepless and tireless toil of core crew - Everything for the binding Musical Factor known as "Sri.M.S.Viswanathan" !!!

The Mission Started; Operational in full swing; And Heading towards complete Accomplishment; From the day of Inception the curve has always been focussed upwards... Yes, in the one year run, the website gathered about 150 hardcore Music fans across the globe, who are deeply touched by the Melodies of the Master MSV - just with one aim - to Enjoy, Share and Propogate the Musical Wonders of "Mellisai Mannar" MSV !!!

But this is not it.... Each and everyone of us have a big responsibility ahead of us... Apart from just sharing memories, the mission is to have the Website and the Forum as a treasure of the future generations and give the people of next century, a complete insight of Old Songs and Movies, MSV's in particular!

The following are the ideas the Core Crew has to be accomplished in the near future...

1) Start a journey towards "COMPLETE" collection of MSV's Songs - This includes unknown movies, dubbed movies, Private Albums, unreleased movies and what not.
2) An Extensive Collection of Back-ground Scores / Re-recordings and Title Music
3) Future action - To collect other old songs of other great composers like K.V.Mahadevan, V.Kumar, Sudharsanam, M.B.Sreenivasan, G.K.Venkatesh...and so on.

And the ULTIMATE destination would be:

To make this Portal a one-stop-spot for ALL "Golden Age" Old Tamil Movies... With complete information on Movies, Songs, Actors, Actresses, Singers, Directors and other great legends who were pillars of Tamil Films.

What should we all do?

1) First and Foremost is Active Patricipation in the Forum.

Lets do a quick math here...

We have about 150 Valuable Members who have joined in the Forum. Say 100 members are really "Active" Members... And if 100 Members post just only ONE post per week. That should be 15 Posts per day (Against just 2 or 3 posts we see today).

So I request everyone, amidst their busy times, to spend JUST 2 MINUTES PER WEEK logging into the Forum and do a SINGLE post... to carry forward a great Musical Legacy called "MSV" to the next century(ies) to come.

Please note that even, posts like "I like this song very much", "This is a great number" or a YouTube Video link, a Hindu Article link - adds so much value to the forum.

Active Participation than Passive Participation, is the need of the hour !!!

So dear MSVClub, lets us all cheer-up and gear-up and continue this great mission we have taken up !!!

Last, but not least - Happy Birthday Dad !!! (msvramki)

Long live the Legend MSV and his soulful Music !!!

Sincerely,

Last edited by Ram on Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one full year had gone and it had made the minds of msvians together and it is not only a fanclub and to put it straight form my heart -- it is a movement .
let this grow and make all of us feel proud everyday every minute
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Everyone,
First, I apologize for being away from my MSV Family for so long.

This great day has given every meaning to my otherwise mediocre life and for sure, I realize the exemplery efforts of personalities like Ramki, Vaidy, Ram, Venky, Sabesan, Baskar and so many behind this formulation. Equally honourable are the efforts of personalities like Balaji, Sampath, Ram, SRS, Saradha, irene, Prof.Raman, Sriram Kannan, Jeev, Vishwas, Ravilsr, Sriramp and so many who have been keeping the Forum elite through their crafty contributions...most importantly, with amazing periodicity.

One most memorable aspect of this Forum is that, the way the members have conducted and oriented themselves towards the CAUSE... Accidentally, whenever I happened to stumble over other contemporary forums (with due respect to those)... consciously I could realize the magnitude of Gradience between!... The Delta is as much as that of the SUBJECT discussed. From my hearts...I am so proud and happy to be with you all.

With all gratitude, I thank you everyone...Thank you very much for keeping the Forum elite and meaningful all these days... and may the Almighty bless everyone of us to continue with our efforts.

A Great Day in the HISTORY...which was fortunate to take the Credit of HONOURING the Greatest Genius of Film Music, ever born in this world.

With Love
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: A GREAT DAY TO CHERISH & A GREAT DAY TO CELEBRATE! Reply with quote

Dear Ram, Ramki, Venky, Sabesan, NVS, SRS, Jayram, Anantha, Sampath, Sriram Kannan & All at MSVTIMES.COM,

It's been one year since we launched this glorious site to glorify the Greatest Creator of this millennium Shri. MSV. Personally to me this is the biggest achivement in my life and with the support of everyone listed here (includes ones not listed also) I would reckon this as the day of my life. As Ram had narrated beautifully, this is a forum that not only honours and propagates the musical wonders of MSV but will strive hard in every possible way to honour all those giant composers of yester years. Our duty doesn't just stop with our regular posts but we should ensure the next generation of rasikas are fed with all the right information about the great work done, still being done by our Legend. On this greatest day, lets all dedicate ourselves to propagate the music of The Master Creator MSV in every way we could and I am sure this will probably the greatest tribute & reverence we are paying to the GREATEST MUSICAL PHENOMENON OF THIS UNIVERSE!!!

I wish to thank everyone of you through this forum who's been associated with us a Very Happy Anniversary!! May MSV Bless us all and the Almighty Bless Our Legend with Long Life, Happiness & Prosperity for years to come.

LONG LIVE OUR LEGEND AND HIS MUSICAL JOURNEY!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDYMSV
CO-MODERATOR
MSVTIMES.COM

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

)
Quote:
Start a journey towards "COMPLETE" collection of MSV's Songs - This includes unknown movies, dubbed movies, Private Albums, unreleased movies and what not.
2) An Extensive Collection of Back-ground Scores / Re-recordings and Title Music
3) Future action - To collect other old songs of other great composers like K.V.Mahadevan, V.Kumar, Sudharsanam, M.B.Sreenivasan, G.K.Venkatesh...and so on.

Dear Ram
Very good thought. Should be implemented. Under 3 above, pls try G.Ramanathan , SMSubbaiah Nayudu, Chalapathi Rao . I might have missed some great Composers.
G.Ramanathan was an extrordinary composer .

Also, earlier, I suggested to give Videolinks ( youtube etc ) to songs of MSV so that the current generation will know how the songs are picturised and who were the stars involved. Not sure everyone will welcome this.

We can also have online Chat sort of a concept once in a month with some great personalities who can exchange their thoughts about MSV . A set time can be fixed and advance intimation be sent to all so that we all get more interesting information from them.

Last, the never ending debate on whether MSV had composed for more than 1000 movies or not. Atleast for academic interest and fans like me, we are keen to get the gap filled . The site lists only 800++ movies now.
baroque

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram & MSVTIMES crew, thanks a lot for all your time & effort.
Truly I benefited a lot from MSVTIMES!
Hope to find the musicals I missed with your help.
Congratulations!
Please inform us about future events, functions.
Vinatha.
baroque.tradition@gmail.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: