"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MSV's Interview (Audio) - All India Radio - Exclusive !!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

அன்புள்ள ராம்,

வெகு நாட்களாக இத்தளத்தில் பதிவு செய்ய நினைத்திருந்த இந்த பேட்டி, ஒரு பெரிய பொக்கிஷம் !

ராகங்கள் என்ற வட்டத்திற்குள்ளிருந்து வெளியே வந்து, உணர்வுகளை தன் இசையில் பரிமளிக்க வைத்தவர் நம் மெல்லிசை மன்னர் (மட்டுமே !). அதனால் தான் அவரது படைப்புக்கள் சாகாவரம் பெற்று அலைகின்றன !

இந்த ஆல் இண்டியா ரேடியோ பேட்டி எம் எஸ் வி யின் மறு பரிமாணம். ராகங்களின் திசையிலிருந்து அவரே தன் பாடல்களை விளக்குவது அருமை.

அதிலும் அவர் தரும் ராக ஆலாபனை அற்புதம். இத்தனை இதமாக ஆனால் சுருக்கமாக 'நச்' என்று வேறு யாராவது ஆலாபிக்க முடியுமா என்பது சந்தேகமே ! ( எத்தனை முறை Listen, Stop, Rewind <<<<<< .Listen. Stop. Rewind <<<<<< ! )

இதைப் பதிக்க இரவு முழுவதும் விழித்து காலை 5 மணிக்கு முடித்தாய் என அறியும் போது எம் எஸ் வி யின் தீவிர ரசிகன் என்ற முறையில் எனக்கு மிக சந்தோஷமாகவும், உன் தந்தை என்ற முறையில் கவலையாகவும் (உன் physical strain குறித்து) உள்ளது !!

I know this is how the entire site was built by you spending many sleepless nights ! I am really proud of you, son !!

பரமாச்சாரியார் எம் எஸ் வி யின் ஆசி என்றும் உனக்கு இருக்கும் !

இந்த அரிய் பொக்கிஷத்தை 1994 ல் ஒலிநாடாவில் பதித்து, இது நாள் வரை பாதுகாத்து, என்னிடம் கொடுத்து CD யாக மாற்ற வைத்து,
தளத்தில் பதிக்க வைத்த நம் சக ரசிகர் ஜெயராம்க்கு ( TCS) நம் எல்லாரது நன்றிகள் !!

Dad/ RAMKI

sriramp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ram for such a wonderful treat!. I have listened to all the parts. Thanks to Jayaram for recording and preserving it. Everytime I login to MSVTIMES there is always something new. Thankyou!

1. I liked the way MSV detailed every song, especially "Ammama Keladi Tozhi" song. This shows how much classical music was involved even in such a westernized song.

2. MSV explaining of when a it is ok for a song to deviate from a conventional raaga is remarkable.

3. MSV's knowledge in classical music is at best when he correrates raagas and the songs with ease. Looks like raaga and a song is simplistic perspective to MSV as it appears that MSV thinks way above than that.

4. I felt that even at this age, MSV sang a "Ullathill nalla vullam" better than the movie version.

5. Finally, when MSV mentions songs from K V Madadevan, Ilaiyaraja and others, it only shows how open minded he is in receiving good music even from his competitors. Mark of a noble.

Thanks again.
S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremendous work dear Ram...hats off Very Happy Very Happy

I know how much efforts you have been putting ..... We are all with you in this work .....

Really a commendable work by you Ram....Cheers

I must thank your Father Mr. Ramky again and again ...for having groomed his son on the right path .......

Guys like you, Venkat ( Raghavan ) , Sriram K are the ones to take the web to the next generation .....Carry on with this effort...

Cheers again... Very Happy Very Happy
jeyaramg1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ram and Ramki :

Excellent. I have been waiting for this to get uploaded for long and I have followed up with Ramki on this quite a few times.

It was my great luck and ofcourse attitude of chasing MSV's music / name wherever and whenever possible, which helped to record this live from AIR in 1994. Since I recorded this , I must have listened to this more than hundereds of times (almost daily in my Mumbai days in 1995 -06).

I have some (humble) observations on this great interview from the Greatest MM, which I plan to share soon in the forum. In the mean time, request all MSV rasikas to enjoy this 'ariya pokkisham'.

(Vaidy -> Keen to know your reaction on this)

Best Regards
Jeyaram G
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:56 am    Post subject: Site Updates........ Reply with quote

Dear Mr .Jeyaram, Ram, Ramki and all,
The AIR interview of MSV is quite lively despite its date of recording. With the least possible Aalap, MM has put the crux in every piece he has chosen. He has further beautified all those good numbers touching upon the elegant nuances exploited on the occasion.
What is even more absorbing in this interview is, the use of exceptionally apt terms to convey an idea and the accuracy of articulating the pronunciation to peg an idea deep into the listener.
In fact, his use of Tamil and on occasions, English were absolutely natural and convincing.Above all what pervades the entire piece is the purity of thought and honesty of expressions.My sincere thanks to everyone for this great gift to listenrs.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> "How to Register?", News, Announcements, Photo Gallery, Video Gallery All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: