"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kavithaikku "Karnan" Kannadasan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Kavithaikku "Karnan" Kannadasan Reply with quote

கொடை வள்ளல் "கர்ணன்" திரைப்படத்தில், "இசை வள்ளல்" மெல்லிசை மன்னரும், "கவி வள்ளல்" கண்ணதாசனும் தத்தம் பணியில் "கர்ணர்களாக" மாறியிருப்பது உலகறிந்த உண்மை. இதில் "கவிதைக் கர்ணனின்" கொடைகளை இங்கு காண்போம்.

படுக்கச் செல்லும் முன் ஒரு பாடல் கேட்போம் என்று "கர்ணன்" திரைப்படத்தில், மன்னிக்கவும், காவியத்தில் இருந்து ஓரிரு பாடல்களைக் கேட்டேன். இப்படியும் ஒரு கவிதை-இசை உருவாக முடியுமா? எங்கிற கேள்வி மனத்தில் பாய்ந்தது.

தர்பார் கானடாவில் அற்புதமான முன்னிசையுடன்....

நாணிச் சிவந்தன மாதரார் கண்கள்
நாடுதோறும் நடந்து சிவந்தன பாவலர் கால்கள்
நற்பொருளைத் தேடிச் சிவந்தன ஞானியர் நெஞ்சம்
தினம் கொடுத்து தேய்ந்து சிவந்தது கர்ண மாமன்னன் திருக்கரமே

நல்லிசையும் நற்கவிதையும் நல்கிச் சிவந்தன மெல்லிசை மாமன்னன், கவியரசர் திருவிரல்கள்!

மற்ற கர்ணன் பாடல்களைக் கேட்டு உள்ளம் சிவக்க மீண்டும் இப்பகுதிக்கு வருவோம்!
tvvraghavan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:48 am    Post subject: COMPOSING IN TWO DAYS !!!! Reply with quote

KARNAN - The first movie that made me realise MUSICAL SAINT VISWANATHAN.......I get totally AWED everytime I listen to these Immortal songs ?? (how do i describe 'em ?)..But I dint know that there will be lot more surprises for me....Our Master once told me that....He,Kavignar and others had gone to Bengaluru (politicians will be happy haha) for composing and the Great B.R.Bandhulu gave 'em a WEEK to complete the composing.

He told MSV " Vichu...Meley aagayam Keezhey Bhoomi....Enna venam nee pannu..." and he gave complete FREEDOM to our Master to come out with the Best of the Best...The two Masters MSV and KANNADASAN completed the composing in just TWO days and came out with such 10 GOLDEN songs.....!!!! I just could not believe myself when our Master told me this...............!!!!

Okay...coming to the lyrics..... I always believed that the following lines were from some great Tamizh Sanga Kala Ilakiyam or from Thevaram or Thiruvasagam...(pardon my ignorance....as I was not a THamizh student in my school Very Happy ) . But when I realised they were from the Golden Hands of the Kavignar...another entry was made to my SURPRISE list... Very Happy

"AAYIRAM KARANGAL NEETI, ANAIKINDRA THAAYE POTRI !
ARULPONGUM MUGATHAI KATTI , IRUL NEEKUM THANDHAI POTRI !! "

Ram...
Can you complete this by posting in THAMIZH... ? I dont want to continue in English.....

MSV RULES WITH KANNADASAN !!!
Venky
vishwas

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mesmerising song!

there was a line here

Dhoorathe Neruppai vaithu
Sarathai tharuvai POtri

which essentially sums up both scientifically and religiously the Functioning of Sun God"

regards
-Vishwas
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Wonderful taste you have!... Great movie, Great Poetry,...as usual...Great Music to adore.

இந்த இரு கலைஞர்களைப் பற்றி நினைக்கும் போது எனக்கு அபிராமி அந்தாதியிலிருந்து ஒரு வரி நினைவுக்கு வரும்...

சொல்லும் பொருளும் என நடமாடும் துணைவருடன்...

அன்னை அபிராமி, சொல்லும் பொருளுமாகப் பிரிக்க முடியாத வகையில் சிவபெருமானுடன் ஒன்றி இருக்கிறாளென அந்தாதி தந்த தெய்வப்

புலவன் சொல்கிறான்...

இங்கே பிரிக்க முடியாதது இன்னொன்றும் இருக்கிறது!...தாசனின் வாக்கும் மன்னனின் இசையும்!... பேசாமல், இவ்விருவருமே இப்படிப் பெயர்

மாற்றம் செய்து கொண்டிருக்கலாம்...

மெல்லிசை கண்ணன் & மன்னதாசன்

அன்புடன்
Ram

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: Kavithaikku "Karnan" Kannadasan Reply with quote

Thanks dear NVS!

Kannadasan is really amazing! See the way how he conveys his point.

நாணிச் சிவந்தன மாதரார் கண்கள்
"Blush" - An Emotional Expression.

நாடுதோறும் நடந்து சிவந்தன பாவலர் கால்கள்
"Pleasure (not ache) in foot" - Due to Physical Action - walk.

நற்பொருளைத் தேடிச் சிவந்தன ஞானியர் நெஞ்சம்
"Search" - Spiritual quest by saints.

தினம் கொடுத்து தேய்ந்து சிவந்தது கர்ண மாமன்னன் திருக்கரமே
"Character" - Kannadasan uses all the beautiful comparisons above to tell his Praise for the great character he is addressing - "KARNAN".

Emotional, Physical, Spiritual examples to convey his Praise!!!

Some more points on these four lines:

1) All these are "positive" comparisons, trying to give an overall optimistic feel to the poetry. Example: He has not told something like: "காய்ச்சல் வந்து சிவந்தன மாதரார் கண்கள்". I tell this here because there are irrelevant usages and comparisons used by some current generation lyricists. That includes words like "காய்ச்சல்", "வியர்வை" etc for Romance (!)

2) "நாடுதோறும் நடந்து சிவந்தன பாவலர் கால்கள்" this line does not signify "ACHE" (as I mentioned earlier). The poets in the ancient times are generally portayed to be "Starving" - You could remember the Thiruvilaiyaadal dialogue - "சேர்ந்தே இருப்பது? வறுமையும் புலமையும்". But Kannadasan's lines describe that the poets are walking towards their king Karnan with interest and enthusiasm to render praise poetry, get his reward and go home happily. This line implicitely tells the king's character. Kannadasan's poetry convey things beyond just words and their meanings!

3) The director has fully understood what Kaviarasar had tried to convey, if you could see the picturisation in the movie for these lines, showing people in the "அரண்மனை". Rather, Kaviarasar has completely understood what the director had asked him. Either way the understanding is to be noted. Over this Mellisai Mannar's extra-ordinary melody to add sweetness to everything. The team's amazing understanding deserves an applaud here!

4) Finally, Kannadasan should have got inspired by the definition of சங்க இலக்கியம் "புறநானூறு", This Tamil literature gives an idea of the living condition of the people in the country during a reign. பண்டைக்கால மக்களின் கல்வி, வாழ்க்கைத் தரம், நாகரிகம், பழக்க வழக்கம், தொழில், வீரம், மன்னரின் கொடை போன்றவை பற்றிக் கூறுவது புறநானூறு. If you see all the four lines give the idea of different people's mental state during Karnan's rule. "Women are happy", "Poets are satisfied", "Saints do a peaceful penace" and "the king donates generously to people's utmost satisfaction!".

கண்ணதாசனின் இக்கவிதை வரிகளையும் சேர்த்து "புறநானூற்றொன்று" என்று கூறுவதே சாலத் தகும்.

Last edited by Ram on Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:35 pm; edited 4 times in total
Srinivass NV

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Ram,
Your sense of Tamizh is so amazing and heartening...

You are so right about the choice (flow) of words by Kaviyarasar...one thing which keeps amazing me always!... பொருந்தாத சொற்கள் அழகுக்காகக் கூட அவர் பாடலில் அணிவகுத்ததில்லை!...

I putforth Venky's request to you again...Please continue and give us your wonderful "உரை" about the whole song.

Yours
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 7:18 am    Post subject: THE GREAT KANNADHASAN BROUGHT ALIVE!!! Reply with quote

DEAR NVS & RAM,

YOU KNOW WHAT I FELT AFTER READING YOUR POSTS??????

THE GREATEST KANNADHASAN LITERALLY BEING BROUGHT ALIVE!!!

Kannadhasa Thondargaley...... Neeveer Vaazhga Pallaandu. Ungal sevai thodarattum Nooraandu!!!

Cheers
vaidy
Ram

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

நமது கண்ணதாசனின் "கர்ணன்" கவிதைப் பயணத்தை இன்னும் கொஞ்சம் பார்ப்போம்.

கர்ணன் என்னும் மன்னனின் கொடையைப் பற்றிப் பெருமையாகப் பாடுவதாக அமைந்த பாடல்:

மன்னவர் பொருள்களை கைகொண்டு நீட்டுவார்
மற்றவர் பணிந்து கொள்வார்
மாமன்னன் கர்ணனோ தன் கரம் நீட்டுவார்
மற்றவர் எடுத்துக் கொள்வார்

கர்ணன் பொருட்களைத் தான் கையில் வைத்துக் கொள்ள, மற்றவர்கள் வேண்டும் எங்கிற அளவுக்கு எடுத்துக் கொள்வார்கள் என்பது போன்ற கருத்து. அதாவது தான் கையில் எடுத்து மற்றவர்களுக்குக் கொடுத்தால் அது அளந்து கொடுப்பது போல் ஆகிவிடும். என்ன அருமையான வர்ணனை, கற்பனை !!!

அடுத்து வரும் வரிகள் இன்னும் சிறப்பாக அமைந்திருக்கும்.

வலதுகை கொடுப்பதை இடது கை அறியாமல்
வைத்தவன் கர்ண வீரன்
வறுமைக்கு வறுமையை வைத்ததோர் மாமன்னன்
வாழ்கவே !!! வாழ்க வாழ்க !!!

'கொடை' என்பதைத் தனியாக ஒரு பணியாக இல்லாமல், அதை மன்னனின் இயல்பாகச் சொல்லியிருப்பது முதல் இரண்டு வரிகள். "வலதுகை கொடுப்பதை இடது கை அறியாமல்" - இது மிகவும் உயர்வான கற்பனை.

"வறுமைக்கு வறுமையை வைத்ததோர் மாமன்னன்" பலரை மிகவும் கவர்ந்த வரி இது. (Double Negatives for a Positive). கவிஞரே! தாங்கள் சிந்தனைத் திறனுக்கு ஈடுண்டோ? எல்லை உண்டோ ???

நமது மெல்லிசை மன்னர்கள் 'மோகன' ராகத்தால் மெய்யுருக வைத்துள்ளனர். "வாழ்க வாழ்க" என்று முடிந்தவுடன், டி.எம்.ஸ் அவகளுக்காக ஒரு சின்ன ஆலாபனை. சம்பிரதாய பஜனைக்குரிய உருக்கத்தை அங்கு பார்க்கலாம்.

ஷெனாய், குழல், மணியோசை என்று தெய்வீக இசை இந்த பாமாலையைத் தொடரும். இது முடிய அடுத்த உருக்கம் பி.பி.எஸ் அவர்கள் குரலில் "என்ன கொடுப்பான்" - இதற்கு மீண்டும் வருவோம்.

கவியும் இசையும் பின்னிப் பரிமளிக்கும் காவியப் படைப்பு "கர்ணன்" !!!
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

சீர்காழி தன்னுடைய கணீர் குரலில் ஆலாபனையுடன் துவங்கும் பகுதியே பாடலின் முதற்பகுதி..

மழை கொடுக்கும் கொடையும் ஒரு இரண்டு மாதம்
வயல் கொடுக்கும் கொடையும் ஒரு மூன்று மாதம்
பசு வழங்கும் கொடையுமொரு நான்கு மாதம்
பார்த்திபனாம் கர்ணனுக்கோ நாலு மும்மாதம்

'நாலு மும்மாதம்' அதாவது பணிரெண்டு மாதமும், அதாவது வருடந்தோறும் கொடுத்துக்கொண்டே இருப்பவன் கர்ணன் என்று பொருள் பட கவிதையில் கண்ணதாசன் விளையாடியுருக்கும் அழகும்... அதற்கு மெல்லிசை மன்னர் அமைத்த மெட்டும்... ஆகா.....
madhuraman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Lyrics---Karnan Reply with quote

Dear friends
I enjoy your ways of looking at KAVI ARASU and SEVI ARASU the 2 Jaambavans- unparalleled to date.
LOOK THAT LINE "Mamannan Karnano than karam neetuvaan"
MSV stretches it to MAAAA Mannan rightly elevating the stature of the character. There are umpteen such situations where the MD simply embellishes by articulate stretches /compression of words.
For the benefit of our young friends, let me recall that KANNADASAN had very high regards for Karnan Songs for various reasons including its extremely poetic casting of lines for a very competent composition rich in vlues ,be it tune or absolutely fresh style of orchestration. BR Pantulu really contributed by refraining from any interference even by a natural temptation. [By the way his name is Pantulu] Thank you all for this opportunity. Warm regards
Prof.K.Raman Navi Mumbai
irenehastings

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Karnan' naam kaalamellaam vaiththu paadhukaakka vendiya kaaviya pezhai.

Whether it is songs or it is re-recording, no other MD caneven imagine such an astonishing compossing.

idhu maathiri paadalukkum isaikkum ini innoruththan pirandhu varanum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Lyrics All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: