"MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com
Official Website of M.S.Viswanathan - Legendary Indian Composer

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

honouring the stalwarts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: honouring the stalwarts Reply with quote

msvtimes .com and its crew has surely a role to play when it comes to honouring stalwarts

sridhar, ksg,tms ,ps and others

sridhar is not well for long time and it will befitting for us to host a prog for which i am sure master will be glad to be a part of it

ram ,sabesan ramki please do think of this and we can have it on the dec 6 2007 celebrating the first birthday

baskar
madhuraman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Comments, Questions , Suggestions - Honouring stalwarts. Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Bhaskar,
Your suggestion of honouring stalwarts, CVS, KSG, TMS, PS as well as LR E must receive serious attention of MSV Times.com, for it will be a logical off shoot for any remembrance of TF doyens. Besides in the days to come some of them can certainly help in reconstructing the missing links for all posterity to learn of the glorious past sustained by skill in an era devoid of technology. I trust our friends will address this issue for Dec-6th IN RIGHT EARNEST as an important step to hold aloft the noble ideals of this conglomerate.
Warm regards Prof.K.Raman NaviMumbai
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: A SUGGESTION WELL RECEIVED Reply with quote

Dear Members,

A fabulous suggestion indeed by Bhaskar. We will certainly delibrate this issue and work on the modus operandi. MSV would only be elated to be part of this function. Members, pour in your suggestions please.

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we should include pbs a l raghavan , too i feel like
P. Sankar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should be the occasion for the forum to even recognise and award the musicians who have performed in the music of MSV. They had been with our Master through out and contributed in a great way. Even the great musicians who are not availble now with us also needs recognition on that day.

P. Sankar.
vaidymsv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: MSVTIMES.COM DID HONOURTHEM Reply with quote

Dear Shankar,

MSVTIMES.COM did honour many of the crew members during the website launch. In fact there was also a special message read out by our Moderator Ram recalling the great contributions by his musicians who were unfortunately not alive to see all this. It is also saddening to note that both Mandolin Raju & Pandit Visweshwaran who had come for the launch and enjoyed every moment of the function are not with us now.

I wish to share one great & touching info here. When the Core Crew of MSVTIMES.COM called on MSV to finalise the invitees for the launch, MSV asked us "can I invite all those musicians who played with me as without them it will not be a fitting launch". We were so moved by his gesture and requested him to invite all of them. For those who had turned up it was a day of nostalgia for, throughout the launch function, the background music that was played on the PA system were compiled from the very best of MSV's RR & Title music. It was such a joyous occasion for, each of those players who had graced the occasion listening to those tracks fondly started recalling the days & times they had played their respective instruments at various studios under the EMPEROR. In my opinion I don't think I have ever heard of a function wherein Crew Members of a Musician have been honoured in a public function.

I wish to conclude that, it was a MUSICAL JOURNEY ALL THE WAY FOR ALL OF US!!!

CHEERS
MSV IS MUSIC
VAIDY

msvramki

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear MSVyans,

Your suggestions to honour all those towering personalities who worked with MSV to give evergreen movies and melodies, is definitely great !

As Vaidy said, almost all musicians worked in MSV's orchestra were individually honoured during the MSVTIMES launch function and I think ours was the only occasion of its kind to do this gesture.

We have been having many ideas on how this MSVTIMES should march forward, but unfortunately, everything is a wish till date. Unless you all MSVyans take some personal initiatives to plan how we could make this happen, our wish will never see the light of the day !!

We should ALL meet and plan. Now the meeting happen only with two or three yielding no results.

If one of you can take the lead and call a meeting quickly it will be wonderful. THis volunteer should get the contact numbers of ALL members so that it will facilitate such a meeting.

We shoud also see how we are going to mobilise sponsorship for the event - no doubt I can organise some sponsors - as I had done for
the launch function but that won't be enough at all.

So friends, pl act fast. You can always get in touch with me on my
mobile 93400 61252.

WE HAVE TO MAKE OUR PLAN A REALITY.

So who is the volunteer ? Who are the organising team members ?
Pl revert .

RAMKI

S.Balaji

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good idea Mr. Baskar. Our crew members have already honoured the great instrumentalists who were part of the Master .
Honouring the singers also is a nice thought ..... They will be the happiest receiving memento from Mellisai Mannar....
irenehastings

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baskar CS & P.Shanker

Giving suggestions is very very easy one.

But it is very difficult to make it true.

Mr. Ramki sir already challenged to form a commitee of volunteers, and to continue further steps.

Any improvements...?.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear irene

i know it is easy to advise but the idea has a small background

almost all the stalwarts are healthy except for sridhar who has been ailing and they are free now after their achievements and i am sure fixing up a prog like this may not be that difficult for persons like vaidy ,sabesan and ram

it is just not a passing idea and it has a deep root in my heart

a recognition willonly make them more healthy and if live long bit long because of this what more we want.
irenehastings

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Baskar CS

Your point of view, that is, gathering the celebrities may be an easy one, because they are free now.

But the major things...
what about arrangement of Sponcers?
what about wall posters / tickets?
what about Auditorium arrangements?
what about arts works in auditorium / stage?.
what about momentos / garlands?

though I am far away from Chennai, I can understand the problems and tasks in arranging such programme, I visually witnessed.

Three months before when I was in Chennai in my personal trip and when travelling with my wife in city bus,I saw a poster about a function to falicitate actor Nagesh with the title "ENDRENDRUM NAGESH" and the chief guest was our Mellisai Mannar. The exact day is 17th June, 2007 Sunday evening.

On seeing the poster that Mellisai Mannar is presiding, we rushed to Kamarajar Arangam, got the ticket there (Seat No. AH 11 & 12), there was small drizzling. Before starting the musical programme, I was standing outside the hall and talking with one of the organisers of the function. I was stunned about the heavy tasks, problems and efforts to arrange such programme.

Inside the auditorium only 70% was occupied and 30% seats were vacant. The archestra truop sung many songs of Nagesh mostly by our MSV and few by V.Kumar (because they are from KB films). The function was presided by MSV, Kamal Hasan, Cho, K.Balachander, Vaalee, C.V.Rajendran, Gopu and Vasanth.

So, now I can understand the challenge put by our Ramki sir, here.
saradhaa_sn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

டியர் IRENE.........

நானும் அன்று நாகேஷின் ('என்றென்றும் நாகேஷ்') பாராட்டு விழாவுக்கு வந்திருந்தேன். ஸீட் நம்பரெல்லாம் நினைவில்லை. ஆனால் அரங்கத்தின் மத்திய பகுதியில் அமர்ந்திருந்தேன். அனேகமாக நீங்கள் எனக்கு பின் வரிசைகளில் அமர்ந்திருக்கலாம். நான் என் கணவர் மற்றும் மகனுடன் வந்திருந்தேன். உங்களையும் உங்கள் மனைவியையும் சந்திக்கக்கூடிய வாய்ப்பை தவற விட்டோம். லேசான மழை தூறியதையெல்லாம் கூட மறக்காமல் குறிப்பிட்டுள்ளீர்கள். தஞ்சாவூரில் இருந்து சென்னை வந்து சென்றதற்கு அந்நிகழ்ச்சி உங்களுக்கு ஒரு நினைவுச்சின்னமாக இருக்கும்.

நீங்கள் குறிப்பிட்டதைப்போல அது போன்ற நிகழ்ச்சிகளை ஏற்பாடு செய்வதெல்லாம் பகீரதப் பிரயத்தனம்தான்.
Baskar CS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was there in the function with my wife .irene was there ,saradha madam was wih her family .sabesan was there
what a union mannar makes
irenehastings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the suggestion?.

Any improvements?.

'Poonaikku yaarum mani kattavillaiyaa?'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    "MSV CLUB" - The Discussion Forum of MSVTimes.com Forum Index -> Comments, Questions, Suggestions All times are GMT + 5.5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: